Shoutbox

Found images randomly in my pictures folder... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... (/showthread.php?tid=55710)

Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by tomfletcherman on 02-10-2006 at 10:27 PM

I found a lot of pictures just now of places that I've never been to, or don't exist, and people I don't know, could anyone suggest how this happened. All of the pictures are hosted on random tripod websites...

RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by Voldemort on 02-10-2006 at 10:35 PM

is it a family computer?

RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by tomfletcherman on 02-10-2006 at 10:41 PM

No, this is my laptop, which only I have access to, there were 25 images, I've deleted them now. They were not in my pictures folder prior to the 30th of january this year. The author of some pictures was photoshop CS2 but I am not sure whether they are sample images that have randomly been copied to my pictures, or just have been edited in PS. All of the pictures were taken on the 27th of jan 2005

edit: o.O 900th post! thankyou damm-o:D

RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by Voldemort on 02-10-2006 at 10:52 PM

i think they could have been sample images... likely
congrats 900th post :P

RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by albert on 02-10-2006 at 11:01 PM

It could be just water.. erosion.. creating such a design on the rocks..

RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by Voldemort on 02-10-2006 at 11:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15

they appeared suddenly :P
RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by Negro_Joe on 02-11-2006 at 12:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15

and that would explain how they got there..how?
RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by Voldemort on 02-11-2006 at 12:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
nd that would explain how they got there..how?

you read my mind :P
RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by albert on 02-11-2006 at 12:37 AM

ohh.. my bad :$ I'm sorry I thought he was asking how could such thing happen in nature.. :$ really sorry.. :$

RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by rav0 on 02-11-2006 at 03:29 AM

I've had a photo just appear into My Pictures. It was only one though, and I know the place and people in it :S.

PS what's PP?

RE: RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by kittymew on 02-11-2006 at 04:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
I've had a photo just appear into My Pictures. It was only one though, and I know the place and people in it :S.

PS what's PP?

PP is something I say when i meant to say PS but I am so used to say Photoshop pro i jus say pp..so I am sorry ....i am having one of those braindead days..
RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by rav0 on 02-11-2006 at 04:19 AM

I see.

RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by WDZ on 02-11-2006 at 04:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
All of the pictures are hosted on random tripod websites...
How can they be in your My Pictures folder and hosted on Tripod at the same time? :-/
RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by Dempsey on 02-11-2006 at 08:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
All of the pictures are hosted on random tripod websites...
How can they be in your My Pictures folder and hosted on Tripod at the same time? :-/
Thats what I thought :s  Unless they are links to the pictures or something :s
RE: Found images randomly in my pictures folder... by tomfletcherman on 02-12-2006 at 01:07 PM

No, I mean I searched for the filenames of the images on google image search and they are also hosted on tripod sites.