Shoutbox

beta testers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: beta testers (/showthread.php?tid=55730)

beta testers by bazik on 02-11-2006 at 01:54 PM

hey all, well its saturday, so i'm thinking if i havent got the mail.. i'm not a selected beta tester.. or this 8.0.0562 changed something in patchou's plan?

what am saying is.. did anyone got the emails? cause i didnt saw anyone metioned it on the forums. and i just wanted to know if i can stop "waiting" for the mail.. or if there's still hope.

Best Regards..

RE: beta testers by Lou on 02-11-2006 at 01:55 PM

I got the email. Yes Patchou sent the emails.

edit: Sorry. Better luck time. Hang around a bit:P

RE: beta testers by user27089 on 02-11-2006 at 01:56 PM

Everyone who was selected received their emails I'm afraid, so you haven't been picked. No point in waiting anymore.

RE: beta testers by bazik on 02-11-2006 at 01:58 PM

ok... thx for the info.. not that glad to know.. but hey thx anyway

RE: beta testers by GiantSpider on 02-11-2006 at 02:19 PM

If you stick around, help out & become a good member you could be in contention next time though.

RE: beta testers by Eddie on 02-11-2006 at 03:57 PM

Congrats To All Testers :)

RE: beta testers by ipab on 02-11-2006 at 04:58 PM

congrats to all the testers who go in, and to everyone who didn't, there is always an opportunity. Think about it, this are only the first rounds.

RE: beta testers by J-Thread on 02-11-2006 at 05:20 PM

Just a question, think I can ask it here, but...has patchou chosen all the beta testers randomly or so?? I mean, I read somewhere here that somebody with only 3 forum posts was invited to join the beta, and I, a plugin developer that's hanging around here for quite a while and that's trying to be helpfull, am not invited...

Wouldn't it be a good idea to invite for example plugin developers, or people with more then X posts or so?*-) Ok, that last one isn't the best option, but well... Better than random...

RE: beta testers by Dempsey on 02-11-2006 at 05:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by J-Thread
Just a question, think I can ask it here, but...has patchou chosen all the beta testers randomly or so?? I mean, I read somewhere here that somebody with only 3 forum posts was invited to join the beta, and I, a plugin developer that's hanging around here for quite a while and that's trying to be helpfull, am not invited...

Wouldn't it be a good idea to invite for example plugin developers, or people with more then X posts or so?*-) Ok, that last one isn't the best option, but well... Better than random...
I kinda see what you mean, but it's Patchou's decision to decide who can help test and he chooses from looking at lots of things, not just how active people are in the forums.  They could already be a beta tester for other products and therefore understand the processes and work involved etc
RE: beta testers by haydos on 02-11-2006 at 05:23 PM

quote:
Better than random...
There was no "random" selection. Patchou obviously felt that what the 3 posts person wrote in the email was adequate reason to invite them into the BETA.
RE: beta testers by RebelSean on 02-11-2006 at 05:24 PM

quote:

I very much doubt that they were picked randomly, they were picked on multiple things. If you didn't get picked now, don't think you're never going to get in - Down the road he might pick more. We simply don't know at the moment his exact plans.

Congratulations to those of you who were picked, looking forward to testing with you all :).
RE: beta testers by J-Thread on 02-11-2006 at 05:29 PM

Ok that's clear. It's not that I'm crying for being not a beta tester or that I'm afraid I'll never be able to use plus again, but I was just wondering.

Of course there are people that are "better" beta testers then me, and people that "deserve" it more, but in my eyes I would be a good beta tester. But well, Patchou's decision, no big deal, I would only like to know why some people are chosen and others not...

RE: beta testers by John Anderton on 02-11-2006 at 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
Think about it, this are only the first rounds.
Is this a new type of examination with rounds :S
Would we have GD's ?? :P
Do you mean like v4.10 or something
RE: beta testers by haydos on 02-11-2006 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Of course there are people that are "better" beta testers then me, and people that "deserve" it more, but in my eyes I would be a good beta tester.
Did you write this in your application?:P

If I were you I wouldnt feel too left out; out of 10million downloads only 108 members are BETA testers.
RE: beta testers by ipab on 02-11-2006 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Ok that's clear. It's not that I'm crying for being not a beta tester or that I'm afraid I'll never be able to use plus again, but I was just wondering.

Of course there are people that are "better" beta testers then me, and people that "deserve" it more, but in my eyes I would be a good beta tester. But well, Patchou's decision, no big deal, I would only like to know why some people are chosen and others not...

email him, he is very considerate. I know a lot of people who got in that way. Take lee and sean for example. (I believe :S)
RE: beta testers by John Anderton on 02-11-2006 at 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
quote:

email him, he is very considerate. I know a lot of people who got in that way. Take lee and sean for example. (I believe :S)
he was 3 mins late last time. I dont think it was a reconsideration ^o)
RE: beta testers by Voldemort on 02-11-2006 at 06:33 PM

quote:
I read somewhere here that somebody with only 3 forum posts

he may have chosen him because hes his friend. or know him personally.
RE: beta testers by John Anderton on 02-11-2006 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
quote:
I read somewhere here that somebody with only 3 forum posts

he may have chosen him because hes his friend. or know him personally.
Its true. he did. But you dont know who he is ..... He could know him personally or it could be someone new to the forum but an old friend from the old forum/via im/irc .... some one who is a old microsoft beta tester .... who knows :P

Tbh its none of our buisness imo .... its what patch thinks is right that matters :)
RE: beta testers by Patchou on 02-11-2006 at 07:40 PM

No tester has been chosen randomly. If you feel you've been left out and you should not have been, take a chance and email me today, I'll just review your application. I got hundreds of them so it's very possible I missed a couple of good requests (or you may simply have not been convincing enough in your email ;)).

RE: beta testers by blackjack on 02-11-2006 at 07:57 PM

Woot i just saw my WLMail inbox i got it :) thanks Patchou

RE: beta testers by Max on 02-11-2006 at 08:04 PM

I have re-applied. Hopefully, I will be deemed suitable.

RE: beta testers by Curtis on 02-11-2006 at 08:05 PM

I don't have his e-mail so I can't apply.

RE: beta testers by Voldemort on 02-11-2006 at 08:14 PM

Patchou, i love you.
Stupid hotmail sent your mail to junk
THANKS!

RE: beta testers by Luigi on 02-11-2006 at 08:49 PM

:D <- happy
Luigi = :D
I'm a beta tester now :o
YAY! :D

RE: beta testers by Max on 02-11-2006 at 09:01 PM

:( = Sad.

Max = Not chosen, again.

RE: beta testers by RebelSean on 02-11-2006 at 09:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Max

Max = Not chosen, again.

You mean, he denied your second request? Or your first intial request?
RE: RE: beta testers by Max on 02-11-2006 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:
Originally posted by Max

Max = Not chosen, again.

You mean, he denied your second request? Or your first intial request?

Second.

Unless he hasn't gotten it yet.
RE: beta testers by Mike on 02-11-2006 at 10:20 PM

I resent my application, hoping to get picked this time...

RE: RE: beta testers by J-Thread on 02-11-2006 at 10:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Its true. he did. But you dont know who he is ..... He could know him personally or it could be someone new to the forum but an old friend from the old forum/via im/irc .... some one who is a old microsoft beta tester .... who knows :P

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=55...d=602025#pid602025
RE: beta testers by Discrate on 02-11-2006 at 11:01 PM

If you want to apply to be a msg! live beta tester what e-mail do you send you aplaction to?

RE: beta testers by TristanTJ on 02-11-2006 at 11:09 PM

i re-sent my email too, i hope i will be accepted.

RE: beta testers by Voldemort on 02-11-2006 at 11:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TristanTJ
sended

sent
RE: RE: beta testers by TristanTJ on 02-11-2006 at 11:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
quote:
Originally posted by TristanTJ
sended

sent

fixed it ;)
thanks
RE: beta testers by Voldemort on 02-11-2006 at 11:16 PM

:) np

RE: RE: beta testers by Salem on 02-11-2006 at 11:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
If you want to apply to be a msg! live beta tester what e-mail do you send you aplaction to?

This was where patchou announced how you could apply for Beta membership

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=55...d=593935#pid593935

Edit: Oh, i saw the address was edited out
RE: beta testers by SilverJax on 02-11-2006 at 11:43 PM

i also have sent my mail... hope i still get one this week (A)