Shoutbox

Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE (/showthread.php?tid=55761)

Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Just1n on 02-12-2006 at 02:05 PM

quote:
For a limited promotional period, Messenger:Mate for MSNM v1.7.2 will be made available free of charge. This version adds no new features and simply prevents Messenger:Mate from installing or running if you have Windows Live Messenger installed rather than MSN Messenger due to incompatibilities.

Features:  http://www.versoworks.com/mm/?p=features

Forum:  http://www.versoworks.com/mm/?p=forum

Download:  http://www.versoworks.com/mm/?p=dload

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Eljay on 02-12-2006 at 02:09 PM

---------------------------
Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger v1.7.2 Setup
The installer has detected that "Messenger Plus!" is running at the moment.

Messenger:Mate is not compatible with this software and installing Messenger:Mate beside it will cause instability in MSN Messenger.

If you wish to install Messenger:Mate you must first disable or uninstall "Messenger Plus!"
OK   

:dodgy:

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by user27089 on 02-12-2006 at 02:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger v1.7.2 Setup
The installer has detected that "Messenger Plus!" is running at the moment.

Messenger:Mate is not compatible with this software and installing Messenger:Mate beside it will cause instability in MSN Messenger.

If you wish to install Messenger:Mate you must first disable or uninstall "Messenger Plus!"
OK   

:dodgy:

That's exactly what I was thinking... I'm not going to uninstall Messegner Plus! for this piece of software :-/.
RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by -dt- on 02-12-2006 at 02:11 PM

oh yes ... posting an add on which tells you to disable the add on this forum is for is dodgy :P.

why cant you make it compatible? , not that i would use your shareware anyway but i seem to recall discussion about this and the maker of messengermate was the one that refused to allow them both to run at the same time.

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Just1n on 02-12-2006 at 02:56 PM

It's not shareware, it's currently FREEWARE.

Also, you can always uninstall Messenger Plus! and see which you like best.  The two are not compatible, sorry.

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Millenium_edition on 02-12-2006 at 02:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Just1n
Also, you can always uninstall Messenger Plus! and see which you like best.  The two are not compatible, sorry.
with a bit of work from mister versoworks, they are
RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by linx05 on 02-12-2006 at 03:03 PM

I think I know one of the reasons why it's not compatible with Messenger Plus!. I'm not going to link to it but you can find it on the Messenger:Mate forum in the General section.

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Max on 02-12-2006 at 03:05 PM

I'd rather eat my own excreetment, thank you. :)

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Just1n on 02-12-2006 at 03:08 PM

You could, theoretically, install Mate before Plus.  But I don't know how stable that would be...

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by brian on 02-12-2006 at 03:11 PM

oh yeah?  well this forum is more msgplus, not msgpleaseletuschangeplus.

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Just1n on 02-12-2006 at 03:16 PM

Wow, that last reply was amasingly witty, NOT.

I figured by posting this here numerous people would be excited about the opportunity to try Mate and compare the two programs.  Clearly, I was wrong.

I don't see why so many people have such negative things to say.  If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all?

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by [MR] on 02-12-2006 at 03:21 PM

quote:
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all?

yes please do.  you're supposed to be mposting about messegner mate or whatever the heck it is.  not about plus vs. mate.  I actually might want it though, but for AIM.  thanks for posting this, i have been looking for somthing the cusomtize AIM for ages.  thanks.

edit: aim mate costs money :dodgy: but good find anyways :)

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Rik on 02-12-2006 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
I think I know one of the reasons why it's not compatible with Messenger Plus!. I'm not going to link to it but you can find it on the Messenger:Mate forum in the General section.
if that's the reason then it's totally fake
RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Just1n on 02-12-2006 at 03:42 PM

The reason that the two are incompatible is clearly logic.  Running the two alongside one another can lead to instability issues.

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Rik on 02-12-2006 at 03:47 PM

quote:
The reason that the two are incompatible is clearly logic.  Running the two alongside one another can lead to instability issues.
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by haydos on 02-12-2006 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Rik
quote:
quote:

In the general section of their forums there is a (super biased IMO) article explaining another "reason" why M:M has decided not to run alongside Plus!
Mr. versoworks does not want to budge by the sound of it
RE: RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Just1n on 02-12-2006 at 03:56 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I give up.  You have absolutely no perception.
RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by ShawnZ on 02-12-2006 at 03:59 PM

quote:
I give up.  You have absolutely no perception.

Well gee, if he makes them work together, they work together, simple logic?!

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by haydos on 02-12-2006 at 03:59 PM

quote:
You have absolutely no perception.
quote:
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all?

To be honest, when you are bringing a program which voids the use of this forum's program, you have to expect people to question your program.

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by vincerooney on 02-12-2006 at 04:16 PM

This program looks odd. It looks exactly the same as msgplus in terms of features. And since everything works beautifully on msgplus i see no point in even trying this program really.

If i see no fault in a program why change it to something which has the same feature list.

thats pretty much the point a lot of people are making!

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Mike on 02-12-2006 at 04:17 PM

I would download it, if I had MSN 7.5 installed (I'm using WLM) to test the skinning feature...

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Weyzza on 02-12-2006 at 05:19 PM

Is the full list of features?
If so, I don't see why it is worth it to be downloaded at all.

It's simple.
One who is used to drive a Mercedes will not change his/her car to BMW.

Everyone here is used to with Plus! and...
Plus! has more useful features.
it supports plugins.
most importantly, it has high credibility

I'm sorry everyone is ditching you :)

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by [MR] on 02-12-2006 at 06:14 PM

on the full list of features when they compare mate and plus, just about everything they say about plus is false.

at the bottom of this page

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Rik on 02-12-2006 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]on the full list of features when they compare mate and plus, just about everything they say about plus is false.

Features                                                           M:M                      Messenger Plus!
Support Plug-ins to do all that stuff and more         NO                         YES!
RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Voldemort on 02-12-2006 at 06:32 PM

It is biased.
I remember the other thread.
Why they dont include ALL msgplus function?

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by [MR] on 02-12-2006 at 08:53 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]on the full list of features when they compare mate and plus, just about everything they say about plus is false.

Features                                                           M:M                      Messenger Plus!
Support Plug-ins to do all that stuff and more         NO                         YES!

quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]just about everything they say about plus is false.

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by linx05 on 02-13-2006 at 01:27 AM

quote:
quote:
if that's the reason then it's totally fake
It was reported by a Microsoft MVP by the looks of it. :/
RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Voldemort on 02-13-2006 at 01:28 AM

quote:
It was reported by a Microsoft MVP by the looks of it. :/

What can microsoft do?
RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by linx05 on 02-13-2006 at 01:39 AM

I was merely stating that MVPs are meant to be a trusted source. But what do I know ay?

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Lou on 02-13-2006 at 02:15 AM

Look buddy, have the maker make it compatible with Plus!, stop stealing features, and in your features list, don't lie about Plus' many features... then maybe we'll try it.

RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by haydos on 02-13-2006 at 05:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
have the maker make it compatible with Plus!
They gave an aparent reason why they do not in their forums.
quote:
stop stealing features
Hardley new that more than one program has some identical features to another; it's called competition
quote:
and in your features list, don't lie about Plus' many features...
There has already been a thread about this, sure their information is biased towards M:M, but why wouldnt it be? Sure it's not the most moral thing ever but it is fair enough, Plus! is their competition.

Not trying to take an M:M side, just looking from neutral perspective.
RE: RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Just1n on 02-13-2006 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Look buddy, have the maker make it compatible with Plus!, stop stealing features, and in your features list, don't lie about Plus' many features... then maybe we'll try it.

Ok, I'll get right on that. *-)

On a more serious note, try it if you'd like, don't if you don't want to, but don't post here demanding that something be changed to suit your personal needs.  You sound like a toddler throwing a tantrum.
RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Menthix on 02-13-2006 at 01:44 PM

I agree with Just1n here. Give the guy a break. If you don't like his program, fine, but that isn't a reason to be hostile. If you think his post is just spam for his own site, fine, report the post and shut up about it.

Others are allowed to talk about their Messenger related projects too, why shouldn't he?

[no subject] by buqingzi on 02-13-2006 at 08:44 PM

RE: RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by Just1n on 02-13-2006 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by buqingzi
Ha! Most software developers know this: feedback from your potential customers is VERY important. A developer needs people to give a honest opinion about what THEY want, what they THINK the software is lacking. Especially if the developer is selling the software. If the developer doesn't recognise this, THAT is more equivalent to a toddler throwing a tantrum. Why? Because ANY feedback is useful (your potential customer is telling you what it takes for them to try/buy your software) and so you should appreciate the feedbacks. If you ignore the feedbacks, well that isn't very smart (especially if the software is commercial); but if you actually diss your potential customer for telling you what they think, well that is just dumb. Hence the tantrum throwing analogy.

Also let us agree that outright lies can not be called something like competition, which is actually encouraged. Outright lies are kinda annoying, because you can prove conclusively that it is false (so it is pointless. Pointless things are annoying, to me anyway). Outright lies from an ulterior motive is more than annoying, it is offensive. It is bad. The forum rules don't allow flaming and personal attacks. So I will refrain from questioning the morality of the developer.

Finally, let us exercise something I'd like to call common sense, the rumoured death of which on the net is greatly exaggerated. When you ask people to try some software on the forum of a competing software; and two softwares are not compatiable, for highly questionable reasons (you may disagree with this, but the rest of the paragraph still applies); AND don't state this fact of imcompatibility in your post, well ... hmm.... common sense, like I said.

All that being said, however thank you for bringing this news to the forum.

How are you a customer?  The software is FREE.
RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE by ddunk on 02-13-2006 at 10:48 PM

quote:

How are you a customer?  The software is FREE.

Fine, replace customer with "user" and it still means the same thing and the message still needs to be read.