Shoutbox

Keyboard Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Keyboard Problem (/showthread.php?tid=55795)

Keyboard Problem by .Roy on 02-13-2006 at 01:15 PM

Well after every time I click on a key on my keyboard it makes a little tone (beep) that sounds like the tone with STICKkeys. . Its really annoying and I cant find a way to stop the noise, for now the only solution is to close the speakers so i dont hear it.

Anyone know how to fix this? Its bugging me, also if i hold down a key it does it a lot of times like beepbeepbeepbeep. So yeah. +Rep for who ever helps me! XD

RE: Keyboard Problem by RaceProUK on 02-13-2006 at 03:02 PM

Have you tried finding StickyKeys and turning it off?

RE: Keyboard Problem by mwe99 on 02-13-2006 at 03:45 PM

I believe it is:

Open Accessibility Options in Control Panel.

On the Keyboard tab, under StickyKeys, select the Use StickyKeys check box.

Alternatively follow that, click StickyKeys settings and uncheck 'use shortcut'.

RE: Keyboard Problem by Ghost_Stalker on 02-13-2006 at 09:57 PM

Could also have the type rate setting set really low. From what I can remember, that beep is the keyboard buffer. ANd when it beeps, that means that the buffer is full. Try seetting the type rate to something high in both Windows and your BIOS

RE: Keyboard Problem by .Roy on 02-14-2006 at 05:56 AM

Well, I already checked the stickkeys and its not that. Wouldnt stickkeys have an affect on what im typing? Like make it in capitals and stuff.

And ghost talker, i do type fast so it might be the problem... Where do i go to edit the settings in windows and my BIOS?

RE: Keyboard Problem by Ghost_Stalker on 02-14-2006 at 06:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Roy
Well, I already checked the stickkeys and its not that. Wouldnt stickkeys have an affect on what im typing? Like make it in capitals and stuff.

And ghost talker, i do type fast so it might be the problem... Where do i go to edit the settings in windows and my BIOS?

It all depends on your BIOS. I'd check there, sorry, but I don't exactly remember where it is. Maybe under chipset, but i'm not sure. sorry
RE: Keyboard Problem by .Roy on 02-14-2006 at 07:41 AM

To bad I dont know what BIOS is :/. Ill check at home if its the keyboard type.

RE: Keyboard Problem by rav0 on 02-14-2006 at 08:18 AM

The BIOS is software operating in your computer. It is on a chip on the motherboard.

IT is the very basic system operating in your computer, it will check the hardware, and load a bootloader, which will load an operating system.

It also is also responsible for input from the keyboard.

The BIOS can be configured from a menu, which is accessible when the computer is starting up. On my computer, and many others, the message "Press DEL to enter setup" is displayed on screen is displayed.

Once you get into setup, you will be able to find options for keyboard repeat rate and keyboard repeat delay. These options control how long a key needs to be pressed for before it is considered held down, and once it is considered held down, how often the keypress is acknowledged.

RE: Keyboard Problem by .Roy on 02-15-2006 at 08:20 AM

And thats why my keyboard is making a noise every time i click a key?

RE: Keyboard Problem by rav0 on 02-15-2006 at 09:36 AM

I think that it is a software problem actually, but I added the information for you in case it was helpful. Exactly what type of problem, I don't know.

I do know that the beep is to let you know that the keypress worked (you don't need to press harder), but that the keypress wasn't accepted by any program (perhaps the OS locked up).

If you press "S", but nothing happens on screen, because the program didn't take any notice of the keypress, you would probably press it again. The beep lets you know that it was pressed, but it had no effect as no software was ready for it.

RE: Keyboard Problem by .Roy on 02-15-2006 at 07:30 PM

Thanks guys :P

What I did is click F2 on startup which went to my computers settings, then I went to the next page and there was an option to remove the keyboard noise :P. I dont know how it got turned on :P.

Thanks a lot again :P +Rep :P