Shoutbox

Printer is pissing me off - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Printer is pissing me off (/showthread.php?tid=55857)

Printer is pissing me off by YourNeibour on 02-14-2006 at 07:41 PM

Hi,

I have an HP printer Deskjet 656C and it's pissing me off, :( I've been trying to print out a PDF document out for the last 10 min and it starts out fine then stop half way thru the printing process and stops.  I've reinstalled the drivers and re-installed the software and the same thing keeps happing.  What the hell is going on? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

RE: Printer is pissing me off by Ghost_Stalker on 02-14-2006 at 07:57 PM

Check your printer settings (NOt through Adobe, but through Windows itself) and make sure that Windows spools the document BEFORE sending it to the printer. Your printer might not have enough onboard memory to print the entire document.

What OS are you using? Is the printer connected via Parallel or USB? Is the port on the PC USB 2.0 (How old is the PC) and how big is the PDF file?

RE: Printer is pissing me off by Supersonicdarky on 02-14-2006 at 07:58 PM

any error messages?

faulty cable?

RE: Printer is pissing me off by YourNeibour on 02-14-2006 at 08:12 PM

I've checked and played with all the settings and everything is fine it's spooling it.  I'm have 512mb or ram, Windows xp SP2 installed.  Iv'e done:

2) Upgraded Driver
3) Played with printer settings
4) cleaned out printer of dust
5) unplugged and plugged back in.

It's connected via USB it's a Compaq Deskpro PC, running XP SP2, 512mb RAM it's a 9kb 1 page document, the printer is mabye 4 years old. 

RE: Printer is pissing me off by Ghost_Stalker on 02-14-2006 at 08:15 PM

Is it USB or Parallel? And have you tried printing off the same document somewhere else? Or tried printing off another PDF document on the printer? (Sorry for all the Q's I've worked in tech support for a while >.< )

RE: Printer is pissing me off by YourNeibour on 02-14-2006 at 08:17 PM

It's USB I can print the document on another printer that I have and it prints fine, I think the printer is a piece of junk  HP Deskjet 656C

RE: Printer is pissing me off by Ghost_Stalker on 02-14-2006 at 08:20 PM

Ya, I'd have to go with it being the printer. When the document gets stuck, does a light flash on the printer?

RE: Printer is pissing me off by YourNeibour on 02-14-2006 at 08:25 PM

Yes  both lights.

RE: Printer is pissing me off by Ghost_Stalker on 02-14-2006 at 08:29 PM

The printer could be spooling... Have you tried pressing the resume button? It might be time to replace the printer! I suggest a nice new Canon printer!

RE: Printer is pissing me off by YourNeibour on 02-15-2006 at 02:10 AM

yeah when I pressed it, nothing happened.  I bought this printer 3 years ago and it was fine.  It's funny I have a Deskjet 697C printer that I've had for over 6 years and it works great.  that one is my dad's this one the 656C turned into a totally crapper in 2 years lol

RE: Printer is pissing me off by Ghost_Stalker on 02-15-2006 at 02:13 AM

sorry for this biased opinion, but... thats HP for you! I worked for HP for a year, and there is bairly anything that I like about them. The only thing is their Light Scribe technology.

You printer might be pooched!

RE: Printer is pissing me off by DarK_AssassiN on 02-15-2006 at 02:18 AM

I'm having trouble with my Dad's printer. It's an HP 682C. It won't print text. Even on tried pressing Print Screen and pasting the pic into a jpeg and printing the jpeg and it didn't work. Printed another picture and it worked fine. It's like it knows that when I try to print that one thing that it shouldn't and piss me off......

I also hate HP. Crappy computers (a friend has one. He can't upgrade because HP took all his PCI slots and everything away. It's fricken weird), crappy printers....

RE: Printer is pissing me off by YourNeibour on 02-15-2006 at 02:20 AM

ink must be dried out.

RE: Printer is pissing me off by Ghost_Stalker on 02-15-2006 at 02:20 AM

o.O That is reather weird!

As for the text bit, When you print a picture, is there any black? Try changing the text colour to blue or something and see if that prints. If it does, then you may need to adjust the printer settings

RE: Printer is pissing me off by YourNeibour on 02-15-2006 at 03:04 AM

I know if you don't use your printer for a while it dries out

RE: Printer is pissing me off by qgroessl on 02-15-2006 at 03:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
I know if you don't use your printer for a while it dries out

I've never heard of that happening?.... I guess it seems like it could happen... So if that's the case just try buying a couple new ink cartridges and see if that'll help.