Shoutbox

Is there a firefox extension that can mute a window/tab? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Is there a firefox extension that can mute a window/tab? (/showthread.php?tid=55878)

Is there a firefox extension that can mute a window/tab? by prashker on 02-15-2006 at 03:40 AM

I was wondering...I checked www.addons.mozilla.org but I couldnt find anything related.

What I am trying to find is a extension that can mute a window or tab in FireFox.

Sometimes I have maybe 20 tabs open at once...And they play music....but I dont want the music to play....because I have windows media player playing music I want to hear.

I would just mute all sound but then I wouldnt be able to hear my music :(

So is there such a extension?

RE: Is there a firefox extension that can mute a window/tab? by zach on 02-15-2006 at 04:10 AM

You could block the sounds with adblock? Why would you want to have 20 music tabs open and be listening to WMP at the same time though? I think that using adblock will be the best way. So just block *.mp2* *.mp3* *.mid* *.wma*

RE: Is there a firefox extension that can mute a window/tab? by ShawnZ on 02-15-2006 at 04:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
You could block the sounds with adblock? Why would you want to have 20 music tabs open and be listening to WMP at the same time though? I think that using adblock will be the best way. So just block *.mp2* *.mp3* *.mid* *.wma*

he meant in certain tabs... and able to turn on/off...
RE: Is there a firefox extension that can mute a window/tab? by prashker on 02-15-2006 at 04:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by zach

he meant in certain tabs... and able to turn on/off...

Yes...not actually block...just mute as some are also in Flash :P

edit: I go to sleep now so I can't really answer any questions or "thanks yous" while I sleep :P.....g'night (S)