Shoutbox

After an invalid shortcut removal program - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: After an invalid shortcut removal program (/showthread.php?tid=55883)

After an invalid shortcut removal program by lordy on 02-15-2006 at 07:23 AM

I'm looking for a program that scans your computer for invalid shortcuts, and then removes the ones that are invalid, does anyone know of a program that does this, and is free? I remember it was a part of Norton Utilities when i used norton but i dont use that anymore lol

RE: After an invalid shortcut removal program by Chestah on 02-15-2006 at 07:56 AM

I'll code you one up later lordy ;)

although i'm currently making an RSS reader and making some public functions so you can send data to forms and then get that data automatically processed :D.

RE: After an invalid shortcut removal program by lordy on 02-15-2006 at 07:57 AM

god i love you (l)

but if anyone else has one they know of then please tell me and i can compare them :P

RE: After an invalid shortcut removal program by Dempsey on 02-15-2006 at 08:43 AM

Crap Cleaner

RE: After an invalid shortcut removal program by lordy on 02-15-2006 at 08:58 AM

I have that... i didnt know it removes invalid shortcuts? it never has before... where is that option in there?

never mind found it, thanks, i never would have looked on that :P
edit 2: no.., that scanned the registry for problems... where is the option to remove invalid shortcuts?

RE: After an invalid shortcut removal program by Dempsey on 02-15-2006 at 09:01 AM

Issues  -->  File Integrity

Although looking at it now, it seems that it only checks shorcuts on the dekstop and in the start menu, so maybe it's not what you want.

RE: After an invalid shortcut removal program by lordy on 02-15-2006 at 09:05 AM

hrrm no it was start menu ones i was after. thanks for that i think it actually did do what i wanted it to i just cant notice it lol