Shoutbox

shoutbox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: shoutbox (/showthread.php?tid=55960)

shoutbox by Discrate on 02-17-2006 at 01:21 PM

Instead of having the shoutbox up in the navergation bar type thing how about putting it down, below the whos online thing at the bottom of the page. If you put it there it will be easy to access and easy to use, all you have to do is scroll down the page. I have seen these on many web sites and they look good.

What does everyone think?:D

RE: shoutbox by WDZ on 02-17-2006 at 01:23 PM

O_o

I don't like that idea at all... the index page should look professional, not have our dodgy spammy shouts on it... :dodgy:

RE: shoutbox by qgroessl on 02-17-2006 at 01:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
O_o

I don't like that idea at all... the index page should look professional, not have our dodgy spammy shouts on it... :dodgy:

Agreed... I like the shoutbox where it is.
RE: shoutbox by absorbation on 02-17-2006 at 01:24 PM

all i think is the shoutbox window should be made bigger by default :P

RE: shoutbox by zaher1988 on 02-17-2006 at 01:24 PM

Not for a community with huge numbers :)!!

regards

RE: RE: shoutbox by Discrate on 02-17-2006 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
So move the shoutbox link in plain site at the top of the page to the bottom of the page where half the people don't look.

yah, that makes sense 8-)

no im not saying move the link, im saying have the shout box openly displayed. Please read my post carefully.
RE: shoutbox by John Anderton on 02-17-2006 at 01:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
O_o

There are a few boards that i have seen that have it like that and it absolutely sucks :P

Joelm, you need to remember that those boards are smaller comparitively and have way less activity on shoutbox. We have at any given moment 4+ users continuously chatting on it like a chat room so it needs to be seperated. Its more like a chatroom where people chat unlike shoutbox (in other forums) where people leave messages for others :P

Plus as dz says it looks unprofessional and aweful :P
RE: shoutbox by absorbation on 02-17-2006 at 01:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
no im not saying move the link, im saying have the shout box openly displayed. Please read my post carefully.

bad idea, the page is too bloated as it is in my view :P
RE: shoutbox by Salem on 02-17-2006 at 01:31 PM

quote:
Instead of having the shoutbox up in the navergation bar type thing how about putting it down, below the whos online thing at the bottom of the page. If you put it there it will be easy to access and easy to use, all you have to do is scroll down the page. I have seen these on many web sites and they look good.

What does everyone think?:D

Well, i do understand what you mean. But i personally prefer all the main navigation links to be in one place so that you know where you can find it.
RE: shoutbox by -dt- on 02-17-2006 at 01:46 PM

just no. you cant move mikes room like that. it just wont be right.

RE: shoutbox by jren207 on 02-17-2006 at 03:24 PM

keep it where it is, much better in it's own little window.

RE: shoutbox by Lou on 02-18-2006 at 01:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
all i think is the shoutbox window should be made bigger by default :P
What I do is go to http://shoutbox.menthix.net/shoutbox.php
RE: RE: shoutbox by Hank on 02-18-2006 at 01:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
quote:

bad idea, the page is too bloated as it is in my view :P

i dont think its Bloated at all
RE: shoutbox by jren207 on 02-18-2006 at 02:59 AM

You either want the link to it near the bottom of the page, or you want a little iframe so that the shoutbox is embeded at the bottom is what I gather that you are saying...

If you want the link moved, then what's the point, it should be with the rest of main navigation links... 8-)

Of if you want an embedded shoutbox, then that looks so wrong, it would have to be stretched out sideways to even make it look any good, and reading posts would be a pain having to do all that scrolling in such a little space at the bottom ...

RE: shoutbox by zach on 02-18-2006 at 03:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
just no. you cant move mikes room like that. it just wont be right.
roffle...agree.