Shoutbox

Messenger Plus suggestion for next version... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus suggestion for next version... (/showthread.php?tid=55963)

Messenger Plus suggestion for next version... by chance on 02-17-2006 at 02:14 PM

hey, perhaps in the next version...

could make it so that you can set for everyone on ur contact list to show a popup when they change any status instead of manually doing it (Right click name > Messenger Plus! Extras > Notifications...) takes too long :(

oh and using your own sounds would be nice too for each status change. everytime someone goes away/busy i hear the same sound :S

RE: Messenger Plus request for next version... by absorbation on 02-17-2006 at 02:17 PM

You can use Pheonix by RaceProUk

RE: Messenger Plus request for next version... by linx05 on 02-17-2006 at 02:18 PM

You could try Phoenix 2. It has those features. It is a plugin for Plus!.

It's a very useful plugin!

RE: Messenger Plus request for next version... by chance on 02-17-2006 at 02:21 PM

oh, great! thanks alot!

aww, it uses it's own popup toast... i like the msg plus popup. plus it shows the nick not the email. i'm just too damn picky eh :P
RE: Messenger Plus request for next version... by qgroessl on 02-17-2006 at 02:31 PM

Yes... Pheonix is a very good Plug-in! It's a good way to get the most outta your Messenger...

By the way... for the future... Try using the edit button.

RE: Messenger Plus request for next version... by chance on 02-17-2006 at 02:35 PM

sorry. does the person who make Messenger Plus read these forums?

RE: Messenger Plus request for next version... by -dt- on 02-17-2006 at 02:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chance
yes he does.
RE: Messenger Plus request for next version... by linx05 on 02-17-2006 at 02:48 PM

Maybe RaceProUK will do something about it? He is currently writing the next version (which I think it is going to be REALLY good). Suggest it or he might read this thread.

RE: Messenger Plus request for next version... by RaceProUK on 02-17-2006 at 02:52 PM

The toasts display names when Custom Names are turned off, and e-mail addresses when they are turned on. However, if it's desirable, I can change it to allow the user to pick which to use (would make the code simpler too).
I may also add the Plus!-style toast skin to the plugin for those that want it (with Patchou's permission of course).

RE: Messenger Plus request for next version... by absorbation on 02-17-2006 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chance

Yes, but he will notice the thread more if you change the title to have [sug] in it ;)
RE: RE: Messenger Plus request for next version... by kierant on 02-17-2006 at 03:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
The toasts display names when Custom Names are turned off, and e-mail addresses when they are turned on. However, if it's desirable, I can change it to allow the user to pick which to use (would make the code simpler too).
I may also add the Plus!-style toast skin to the plugin for those that want it (with Patchou's permission of course).

I've always had phoenix but never actually used it . I always wanted the feature to display a toast for everyone at change status but didn't realise your plugin had it! (d'oh - my bad)

Anyway, I just activated the plugin and - sorry if it's been suggested before - is it not possible to display the actual renamed contact name instead of the email? Also, it would be great if you were allowed to use the plus style popups because - although yours are very nice - they don't really fit in with the msn style of things. (Incidentally, do you actually need permission because Stuffplug has similar popups that they made themselves?)
RE: RE: Messenger Plus request for next version... by chance on 02-17-2006 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk

that sounds great. like kierant said, it would be nice if the toast (dunno why it's called toast, someone care to explain?) was just like the msn toast... i guess we're just used to it like that. maybe custom sounds would be nice too so not all popups have the same sound.

also, i have enable custom contact names unticked... but it still shows emails in the toast... any ideas?
RE: Messenger Plus suggestion for next version... by RaceProUK on 02-19-2006 at 10:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kierant
Anyway, I just activated the plugin and - sorry if it's been suggested before - is it not possible to display the actual renamed contact name instead of the email? Also, it would be great if you were allowed to use the plus style popups because - although yours are very nice - they don't really fit in with the msn style of things. (Incidentally, do you actually need permission because Stuffplug has similar popups that they made themselves?)
I would display the custom name, but they're stored encrypted, and only Patchou knows the encryption. As for permission, I see what you mean. I could just copy the image (obviously remove the Plus! logo).
RE: Messenger Plus suggestion for next version... by chance on 02-22-2006 at 08:21 AM

i just noticed phoenix doesn't show people going offline. perhaps that could be included in the next version? just a thought.

RE: Messenger Plus suggestion for next version... by linx05 on 02-22-2006 at 08:33 AM

This can be done already in Plus!.

Preferences > Notifications > Popup Defaults.