Shoutbox

Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows (/showthread.php?tid=56016)

Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by shaz-a-boo on 02-19-2006 at 07:29 AM

I currently have the following:

MSN Messenger v7.5.0324
Messenger Plus v3.62.146
-  Messenger Plus Plugin:  StuffPlug-NG v2.2.397

I am experiancing a problem where Messenger Plus seems to load correctly in the Contact List window, however dose not load (expect the menu selector) in the chat windows.

For example to go /brb will just result in the text "/brb" being sent to the contact instead of changing my status from 'online' to 'be right back'.  Further more, the feature "ctrl+space" has been setup and dosn't work expect creating a space in the typing space of the msn window (if its open) otherwise I will normally get a system beep.

The Messenger Plus icons that should be displayed in the chat windows are not displayed, and part of that is the probelm (as I would think).  The following FAQ said "The Plus! menu isn't in my Messenger!
Verify if you have a version of 4.7 or higher. Try closing Messenger (CTRL+ALT+DEL -> Task Manager -> Kill Process MSNMSGS.exe and restart MSN..

If you are having trouble after that, try to change the Hooking Method (3rd TAB at first page, Forced Hooking)
"

I have tried all three.  I have changed the options, restarted both MSN and Messenger Plus.  And have changed the options and restarted the computer and I still get the same results.  Messenger Plus loading, just not usable as it should be in the MSN chats.

Any help in solving this problem would be super-de-doper.

Thanks in advance,
shzaz

RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by John Anderton on 02-19-2006 at 07:35 AM

I'm guessing you are on windows xp so could you press ctrl+alt+del and goto the processes tab and check if the MsgPlus.exe is running.

If it isnt could you goto start > run > type "msconfig" (without the quotes :P)
When the System configuration utility opens goto the startup tab (last)
In there could you check if MsgPlus.exe is ticked :)

Mabbe it not being loaded is the problem :)

I think it is on but i would just like to check cause i you cant use any of MP!'s features right ?? So i'd just like to check :)

RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by shaz-a-boo on 02-19-2006 at 11:35 AM

Messenger Plus is loading.  Just not loading into the chat window.  For example both the Contact and chat windows have the Plus! menu (at the top of the screen (Alt+U).

However using the Messenger Plus codes dont work.  For example, /brb  /offline, sounds, or anything else (plugin commands for StuffPlug-NG).

The icons that are meant to be in the chat windows do not load into the window.  The smale Messenger Plus! Logo, and the Messenger Plus! Sound icon.

HOLY crap, I thought I posted this reply.  Sorry for the late reply

RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by haydos on 02-19-2006 at 12:10 PM

This problem seems to have the 'symptoms' of what happens when Plus! is installed on the newer Windows Live Messenger (I understand you have said above you are not using this).

Have you, in the past, installed any version of Windows Live Messenger on that system?

Also as a test to see if all of these 'symptoms' are the same as what has been occuring with Plus! and WLM, try and set transparancy to your contact list. Next, right click on a contact in the contact list and see if there is a Messenger Plus! menu at the bottom.

If you are able to set transperency but are unable to use features via right clicking in the contact list then your problem pretty much looks like Plus! installed on a Windows Live Messenger system, even if this is not the actual case.

RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by shaz-a-boo on 02-19-2006 at 12:17 PM

I set both the transparancy for the contact list and the chat window to around 40%.  They both worked.

I am able to access the righ click menu in the contact list.

I am not apart of one of the countries available to beta test the WLM service, and have not used a patched version of it yet either.  I have however been to the live.com site.

Anything else we need to test?

shaz

RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by haydos on 02-19-2006 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shaz-a-boo
I am able to access the righ click menu in the contact list.

quote:
Anything else we need to test?
Not for this theory, the above quote proves that Plus! is not reacting in a 'WLM-like' manner.

Have you simply tried re-installing Messenger Plus!?
RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by shaz-a-boo on 02-19-2006 at 12:28 PM

Yes three times.  The new install was with a new MSN downloaded, as well as new Messenger Plus!  Sometimes it works, as in that it loads into the contact list [edit]chat window[/edit] but that is like once every two weeks.

I have tried many settings and restore default settings, but it don't work either.

I so miss my Messenger Plus it saved me getting in trouble :P

RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by shaz-a-boo on 02-19-2006 at 12:43 PM

FYI...  I got a follow Messenger Plus user to send me a ping, and it don't reply.

Just thought it might help some how :-S

RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by hypedupmonkey on 02-19-2006 at 01:35 PM

Have you tried seeing if Messenger Plus! is loading in Windows Messenger (assuming you are running Windows XP)?

It is worth a try to see if Messenger Plus! is running correctly with Windows Messenger, if so it must be something connecting Plus! to MSN Messenger.

Hyped

RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by Sunshine on 02-19-2006 at 03:39 PM

quote:
However using the Messenger Plus codes dont work.  For example, /brb  /offline, sounds, or anything else (plugin commands for StuffPlug-NG).
Are you sure you enabled use of commands and tags in Plus!?

Commands and Tags

[Image: plusmessagehelpers0bc.png]

quote:
The icons that are meant to be in the chat windows do not load into the window.  The smale Messenger Plus! Logo, and the Messenger Plus! Sound icon.
For that you will have to enhance the toolbars with Messenger Plus! features (plus > preferences > instant messages).
quote:
FYI...  I got a follow Messenger Plus user to send me a ping, and it don't reply.
See above picture, check if you got the box infront "Respond to Ping? requests" ticked.
RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by shaz-a-boo on 02-19-2006 at 11:52 PM

Windows Messenger v4.7.3001
  -  Allows Msg + Commands.

Allow the use of commands and tags
  -  Ticked (by delfault selection.  This is the thrid reinstall so default rules have been used).

Enable Command Helper windows
  -  Ticked

Respond to Ping Requests
  -  Ticked but doesn't work inside Windows Messager.

So to me it proves that MSN Messenger is a pack of donkey ****.  And that grrrr a pain in the ***.

Sorry I needed a little vent and got it :P

anything else please?

Oh question.  Anyway to force open the Recovery Options - it might help???

[edit]I forced closed MSN+ closed with MSN opened.  Went to the MSN+ folder and opened it.  Open closing the MSN window (to go to the system tray only) and opened it up again, I got the MSN+ first start up screen, (config wizard).  Which never happened before.  Just thought it might help[/edit]

[edit=2]I tried using the MSN+ Menu options to input the codes, however the menu didn't place the code (this time it was the "(!NP)" code) into the chat window.  So its like its not even there...  :([/edit]

RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by Grue on 02-20-2006 at 06:51 AM

Have you tried unistalling stuff plug and any other plugins you might have and then seeing if it works?
A plugin could be causing the problems.

Also did everything in plus ever work for you? If it did, do you remember if you changed or installed anything around the time it stopped working?

RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by shaz-a-boo on 02-20-2006 at 08:24 AM

I uninstalled the only Plugin I had, restarted both programs.  And had no results.

I uninstalled Msg+ restarted and reinstalled the software.  Same results are happening.

Yes Msg+ was working, nothing has been installed for at least one month since Msg+ stopped working.  Ive had this computer just over a month.

The image attachment displays whats available to me.  The Msg+ Menu's, the icon that is in the contact window.  And nothing else.  (What's missing is the Msg+ offical icon and the Msg+ sound icon).

Anything?

RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by shaz-a-boo on 02-20-2006 at 07:41 PM

just wanted to say that I found the problem.

My firewall was prevent MSN and Msg+ from connecting because it was suspected of it being a susspious (Spelling) action  -  as in a program using another program to connect to the internet.

Just thought I should post a solution that might help others.

Thanks again for all the in put

RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by Sunshine on 02-20-2006 at 07:49 PM

quote:
just wanted to say that I found the problem.

My firewall was prevent MSN and Msg+ from connecting because it was suspected of it being a susspious (Spelling) action  -  as in a program using another program to connect to the internet.

Just thought I should post a solution that might help others.

Thanks again for all the in put
Maybe i missed it somewhere but i didn't see you put down you had connecting problems anywhere. Asfar as i understood all was well (you could sign in to MSN etc) besides those icons missing and plus commands not working..

I'm glad the problems are solved now but also curious what firewall/program it was that caused this. If you'd post that we'd be very grateful as this will help a great deal too (not every firewall reacts the same). Thanks in advance.
RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows by shaz-a-boo on 02-20-2006 at 07:54 PM

Its called EZ FireWall (a rip off (legally) of Zone Alarm).

The reason why I know it was the firewall for is because I got a "MARJOR" hacking report saying that Msg+ was using MSN connect to the internet.  But cos its a crapy firewall, it dont always report things for my information.  Till now...

hehehe sorry guys (girls)