Shoutbox

can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? (/showthread.php?tid=56017)

can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by Uzumaki Naruto on 02-19-2006 at 07:42 AM

1 of my friend said that it is possible to steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus.is that true???? but i think it is quite impossible coz i tried to find the function by cannot .if anyone know ,plz tell me is it possible,by the way if can ,can teach me how to steal:P

RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by ~INVASION~ on 02-19-2006 at 07:54 AM

not with messenger plus!, but a plugin called StuffPlug can do this, it also adds a whole bunch of new things as well, try it out at http://www.stuffplug.com/

RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by DJKAL on 02-19-2006 at 07:55 AM

soret of, if you get stuffplug {i dont have time to get a link - type it into google ;)}
and install that and then you can do it through that
plus menu in the convo
stuffplug
d/p stealer - or something like
hope that hels

RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by Re-Mi on 02-19-2006 at 07:57 AM

First of all welcome to the forum,

Second no it's not possible to steal a persons DP with msgplus!
However you can use Stuffplug, to "borrow" the DP's of your contact.

But Stuffplug isn't compatible with WLM! so you have to be on MSN7.5 or down.

Greetz,

Simple me

RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by Uzumaki Naruto on 02-19-2006 at 11:09 AM

besides Stuffplug ,got any other program can use to steal????

RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by Zahid™ on 02-19-2006 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Uzumaki Naruto
Why? What is wrong with Stuffplug?
RE: RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by Re-Mi on 02-19-2006 at 11:16 AM

quote:

[Image: google.gif]
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=DP%2FCE+stealer&meta=

Now i did it for you.

Try some of the programs that shows up in the results and take the one you like

Greetz,

Simple me
RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by Uzumaki Naruto on 02-19-2006 at 12:05 PM

coz simple me said that we maybe can steal ppl's DP by using msgplus????

RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by Zahid™ on 02-19-2006 at 12:12 PM

No you cannot steal ppls dp's with MsgPlus. But you can with Stuffplug which is a plug-in for MsgPlus.

RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by CookieRevised on 02-19-2006 at 07:40 PM

quote:

You don't need ANY program to "steal" DP's...

The DP's are already on your computer. Those programs do nothing more than relocating (aka copying) what is already on your computer; they don't steal anything....

PS: (also to helpers who are fairly new here) always search forums, such questions and detailed answers have been given before. eg:

CookieRevised's reply to display pictures
CookieRevised's reply to Where does MSN store it's avatars?
CookieRevised's reply to Non-Spyware CE/DP stealer/exporter

;)

PS2: Simple me, You're long enough here to know all this though. No reason for linking to Google at all...

-

Note that with the new Windows Live Messenger, the directory where your contact's CE's and DP's are stored/cached has changed to %temp%\MessengerCache (where %temp% is your Temporary Files directory in Windows). Hence why all current programs or addons, which "steal" DP's and CE's, are not compatible with Windows Live Messenger.
RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by Uzumaki Naruto on 02-20-2006 at 08:07 AM

wat is CE????

RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by haydos on 02-20-2006 at 08:10 AM

quote:
wat is CE????
Custom emoticons
RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by kazua_king on 06-11-2008 at 12:30 PM

btw.. the picture we stole is very small in size..
got any other software that can steal the normal size of the picture??? if got pls tell me.. thanks..

RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by Matti on 06-11-2008 at 12:52 PM

Messenger resizes all display pictures to 96x96 pixels, that's how you see them in chat windows. There's no need to store any bigger formats on the servers.
And it's impossible to get the original image, as the resizing is done on the client side of your contact when he/she chooses his/her display picture.

RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by Patchou on 06-11-2008 at 02:30 PM

Note (because this topic was brought back to life). You can now get the dp of any contact from the Contact Information window in Messenger Plus!.

RE: can we steal ppl's display pic by using msgplus???? by kazua_king on 06-12-2008 at 06:46 AM

ohh i see.. thanks.. really hope that can have the normal size de picture..