Shoutbox

One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=56053)

One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! by Poom on 02-20-2006 at 11:51 AM

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1
MSN Messenger 7.5.0322
Messenger Plus! 3.62.146

Hmm... You may wonder how can tabbed chat be annoying. I think Plus! is very awesome in all its features and rarely has flaws in any of them. However, one seems to be present in the tabbed chat feature. Whenever I minimize my conversation and somebody starts IMing me, I have no idea someone talked with me. This is simply because it does'nt flash nor showing anything that would let me know someone IMed me (sound, of course, but I normally turned my speaker off because the sound care sucks and the sound hurts my ears). I always find out somebody talked with me when they went offline -_-. This has been kind of a problem lately when my friends are talking with me about groupwork for school.

I have read the chatlog of Plus! 3.60 for a while now and am not quite sure whether I understood everything it says or not, but from reading it, I don't think Patchou did write anything about the taskbar flashing for other tabs that are not current. I only found about flashing in the groupbar for tabs that are not current. Does this mean that Patchou did not add this, or is it impossible (I highly doubt that Patchou would forget this, as his works are always better than what I expected, even though I am quite picky.).

Edit: I was too late to apply for beta testing! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! >_< Would I still be able to apply now? (Hmm... of course not...) Just me being desperate to see how MP!L turns out =P. Of course I would pay a lot of effort in bug searching and giving feedback if I was one... :'(

RE: One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! by linx05 on 02-20-2006 at 01:46 PM

Do you mean like this? http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=51978

RE: One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! by Poom on 02-20-2006 at 02:19 PM

Yes, but the delay seems to be like... ages... It never switched and flashed. However, I do not think that is a bug. I think that is more like something that is not implemented, rather than a bug. I'm sorry posted this again because I did not read that and it does not seem like a bug at all. I am quite certain I am right about that, correct me if I am wrong. (Bug should be defunction of a feature rather than absence of something that should be there)Actually, by reading that, I am glad I am not the only who almost disable tabs because of that.

RE: One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! by No Leg Joe on 02-20-2006 at 09:33 PM

for me if i have minimized my chat window and someone talks to me who isnt the person in the chat window i minimized there is a sound and after a while the minimized thing swiches and starts to flash which is good! not always though...

RE: RE: One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! by Poom on 02-21-2006 at 11:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by No Leg Joe
for me if i have minimized my chat window and someone talks to me who isnt the person in the chat window i minimized there is a sound and after a while the minimized thing swiches and starts to flash which is good! not always though...

O_o That never happens with me... Perhaps there is something which makes that impossible?
RE: One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! by No Leg Joe on 02-21-2006 at 06:02 PM

well, i dont remember changing any options to make that happen... it doesnt always happen though.

RE: One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! by linx05 on 02-22-2006 at 08:05 AM

In that thread I posted to you Patchou replied saying he will fix it in the 4.0 version.

RE: One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! by RaceProUK on 02-22-2006 at 01:11 PM

There is an option that allows Plus! to switch to an active convo automatically: it's with all the other tabbing options.

RE: One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! by linx05 on 02-23-2006 at 10:05 AM

Yeah, I have that ticked. Some times it works, some times it doesn't.

RE: RE: One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! by Poom on 02-24-2006 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
In that thread I posted to you Patchou replied saying he will fix it in the 4.0 version.

Ya, I saw that. A quick fix for 3.62 would be nice though...

@raceprouk: Can't find that option... I only have five options for tabs and that isn't there... weird...
RE: One annoying problem with tabbed chat in Plus! by linx05 on 02-24-2006 at 01:00 PM

It would be "Auto-Activate chat windows with unread messages".