Shoutbox

myBB/phpBB skinning tutorial - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: myBB/phpBB skinning tutorial (/showthread.php?tid=56067)

myBB/phpBB skinning tutorial by stoshrocket on 02-20-2006 at 07:59 PM

ive been messing about with forums recently, just messing to see what i could learn, and also someone i know has asked me to set up a forum with him. As i've been messing about, i thought it'd be cool if i totally customized the forum and skinned it as well, this way i would be doing a favour, learning more things to add to my font of all knowledge and maybe if i get good at it add it to the knew graphics and web design site im constructing.
So, does anyone know any good skinning tuts for (mainly) myBB? ive been looking but all i can find is 'i never got round to making it' or 'im sure someone is going to post one soon!' :undecided: any links or ideas would be great!

RE: myBB/phpBB skinning tutorial by absorbation on 02-20-2006 at 08:00 PM

MyBB contains a skinning system which basicly creates and edits a .css file :P

A tut would basiclly be telling you to learn css.

RE: myBB/phpBB skinning tutorial by stoshrocket on 02-20-2006 at 08:14 PM

* stoshrocket looks into myBB :O easy!

* stoshrocket looks into phpBB +o(

for phpBB is it the same, only with wierd css and 'a few' .tpl files? (which i have no clue what they do)

RE: myBB/phpBB skinning tutorial by absorbation on 02-20-2006 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Methos2
for phpBB is it the same, only with wierd css and 'a few' .tpl files? (which i have no clue what they do)

Never heard of .tpl files it could be their own extension, does it only contain plain text? If so it probably is includes on a page and works like standard html, css or PHP ;)
RE: myBB/phpBB skinning tutorial by stoshrocket on 02-20-2006 at 08:23 PM

duh... i feel stupid :$

i didnt think to open them with Notepad -> its regular html just split up into sections and renamed appropriately, it just confused me with the wired extention and icon, thanks abso! :D

RE: myBB/phpBB skinning tutorial by zaher1988 on 02-20-2006 at 10:10 PM

hey

in all cases this is a tutorial about working on mybb theme

regards

RE: myBB/phpBB skinning tutorial by stoshrocket on 02-20-2006 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
hey

in all cases this is a tutorial about working on mybb theme

regards

:O! thank-you! ive searched the myBBoard forums but i mustve skipped over that one! thanks mate! this is really going to help me out!