Shoutbox

help! i did that hide feature and i cant get messenger back!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: help! i did that hide feature and i cant get messenger back!!! (/showthread.php?tid=56071)

help! i did that hide feature and i cant get messenger back!!! by handy1994 on 02-20-2006 at 09:35 PM

plz, can any1 tell me how 2 de-activate that thing where u hide messenger? i really need help! im panicking!:huh:

RE: help! i did that hide feature and i cant get messenger back!!! by DJKAL on 02-20-2006 at 09:38 PM

"that thing" is boss protection
and you can get it back by pressing "alt+<some key>" {im not sure of they key - i dont have MSN installed as i got WLM}
but i think it might be "b"

OR!

if you dont mind doing it press "ctrl+alt+del" and end the "msnmsgs" process and then start MSN again and sign in as normal
:)
hope this helps you

RE: help! i did that hide feature and i cant get messenger back!!! by hypedupmonkey on 02-20-2006 at 09:39 PM

Hide Messenger?
Do you mean Boss Protection or just Messenger Lock?

If you mean Boss Protection;
• You should see a networked drive (default icon) in your system tray (the icons near the clock), Double click this and Messenger should return.

If you mean Messenger Lock;
• Double click your normal Messenger Icon in the system tray (the icons near the clock) and if you entered a password to unlock it, A window requesting the password should appear. Just re-enter your password and messenger should return.

Hope this helped,
hyped

RE: help! i did that hide feature and i cant get messenger back!!! by No Leg Joe on 02-20-2006 at 09:43 PM

in your system tray, where the msn logo usually is, there is an image which looks like a hardrive connected to a network (if you dont know which one, you can just hover over all of the logos until one says "msn messenger" or similar) just double click on that image and msn should open. if not you may have to go through the processes as described by DJKAL.

RE: help! i did that hide feature and i cant get messenger back!!! by DJKAL on 02-20-2006 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hypedupmonkey
Just re-enter your password and messenger should return.

this isnt your MSN/hotmail/Gtalk (etc...) password
this is the pssword you set for messenger lock