Shoutbox

Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons (/showthread.php?tid=56089)

Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by shaz-a-boo on 02-21-2006 at 11:42 AM

Hey everyone.

I hope this is the right place to do this.  But I have noticed that some people are able to have emomtionicons (emos) that can't be added by the right clicking of emo.

Im just wondering, is there ANY way I can do that with my emo's.  I have several that I want that I dont want people to steal from me, cos I talk to emo whores, and I WANT THEM TO BE SPEAICAL to me

Any help or leads would be great,

Thats dudes

shazaboo

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by Supersonicdarky on 02-21-2006 at 12:12 PM

nope, you cant prevent others from stealing your emoticons. even if you could somehow disable they're right click > add, they could still print screen and cut it out.

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by Nathan on 02-21-2006 at 12:13 PM

Not if they were animated!

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by shaz-a-boo on 02-21-2006 at 12:14 PM

Then how do they do this.  Both animated and non-sminated emoticons aren't addible though the right click menu :-s

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by linx05 on 02-21-2006 at 12:22 PM

StuffPlug :P

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by shaz-a-boo on 02-21-2006 at 12:26 PM

How so...  its the only addin I have and I have no idea that was a feature

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by linx05 on 02-21-2006 at 12:40 PM

/xcedpstealer

Read up on the forums/site for more tips/features/tricks.

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by shaz-a-boo on 02-21-2006 at 12:42 PM

no I want to stop people stealing my emo's.  Other people do it to their emo's but I can't do it to mine and they dont tell me how I can do it.

:-S

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by linx05 on 02-21-2006 at 12:45 PM

Sorry mate, that can't be done. When they view their emoticons, it is downloaded to your computer (temporary internet files) and thus, can be viewed.

So there isn't a way to stop people from stealing your emoticons or even your display pictures.

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by shaz-a-boo on 02-21-2006 at 12:46 PM

yeah I know all that.  Just want to know how people make it possible to remove the "add" in the right click feature when you do it on a emo

:(

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by Dempsey on 02-21-2006 at 12:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shaz-a-boo
yeah I know all that.  Just want to know how people make it possible to remove the "add" in the right click feature when you do it on a emo

:(
You can't remove the "add" option.

Although I think the add option being disabled is a side effect of disabling Song Links using patched such as A-Patch, not 100% sure though.
RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by shaz-a-boo on 02-21-2006 at 12:59 PM

no it cant be both myself and my friends are only using Msg+ with StuffPlug-NG.

We both let each other see each others playing music.  Cos if the same song comes on at the same time, we start singing the song on webcam and act like total dicks  :$  But thats a secret DONT SHARE it

LMAO

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by ~INVASION~ on 02-21-2006 at 01:29 PM

8-)

if you want to stop the person from having the add in their right clicking of emos on msn, either make a virus that goes and patches their msn (illegal) or go to their house and reshack their msn so it doesnt allow it (once again illegal because your patching an msn)

you CANT stop ppl from taking your emos, it just doesnt work that way

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by shaz-a-boo on 02-21-2006 at 01:30 PM

then how do they do it?  I mean I cant add their icons without using that .dat file or whatever it is....

It sucks they do it to all their emo's but I cant do it to mine

It sucks  lol

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by ~INVASION~ on 02-21-2006 at 01:41 PM

make sure you are running a clean unpatched and latest version of messenger, then you should have the add on your right click menu

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by linx05 on 02-21-2006 at 01:42 PM

I remember people reporting this in the StuffPlug forums. I think they repaired MSNM and it fixed it. Can't be too sure about that. I am too tired, will check the forum tomorrow and get back to you.

I really think the problem is on your end.

RE: Prevent people stealing your Emotionicons by shaz-a-boo on 02-21-2006 at 01:43 PM

haha

I try not to be a blond.  I have only Msg+ and Stuffplug-NG effecting the prgram of MSN Messenger.

I have talked to other people and have asked them if they have ever happened and they too say they cant add emos when the same person sends them to him.

mmmm who do I have to pay at microsoft to do that    LOL