Shoutbox

Is it possible to be invisible to someone in the "who has added you" list? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Is it possible to be invisible to someone in the "who has added you" list? (/showthread.php?tid=56115)

Is it possible to be invisible to someone in the "who has added you" list? by Feomathar on 02-22-2006 at 02:16 AM

That simple question. If you check in the Privacy options, you can see your contacts list (allow list) as well as your list of blocked people, there's a button to view people that has added you also.

Someone deleted me from his/her contact list but I can still see his/her online status and can send him/her messages, so she/he didn't blocked me. That means I don't see him/her anymore in the list of people who added me. Of course, what this contact wants is that he/she is not supposed to talk to me anymore but wants to see that I still am willing to talk to him/her.

What I want to do is that he/she couldn't see that I still have him/her added in my list, to just tell him/her that "I don't have him/her in my contact list anymore". But actually I don't want to do that, I still want to see his/her online status, and still have the ability to send him/her messages (for some purposes at future).

I don't want to specify my reasons, what happened etc xD  So I also don't expect advices like: make a new account and add him/her, but don't tell him who you are and be friends so that you could see his/her online status in that new account and so that you can actually delete that contact from your former account.

BTW. Is it possible to send a message to someone that obviously hasn't blocked you but that you don't have in your contact list? That's the reason of the problem. But I also want to see his/her nick and online status. To keep a watch on someone but not telling him/her I'm doing that (because he/she can't see that I still have him/her in my contact list if he/she take a look at "people that has added you" list).

Any plugin? advice? :D

RE: Is it possible to be invisible to someone in the "who has added you" list? by kierant on 02-22-2006 at 02:25 AM

Can't you just block them and use the Stuffplug feature of being able to talk to blocked contacts..maybe I've misunderstood.

RE: Is it possible to be invisible to someone in the "who has added you" list? by Feomathar on 02-22-2006 at 02:29 AM

It's an interesting option. But I still want them to be able to send me messages if they use another chater that has that option (send a message to someone not in your contact list). BTW, that's the second question, if I can send a message to someone not in my contact list using MSN Messenger 7.5 (or newer). :)

More over, I have just checked, that even if I block them (without deleting them from my contact list), they can still see me in that "who has added you" list. :(

Thanks

RE: Is it possible to be invisible to someone in the "who has added you" list? by giken on 02-24-2006 at 01:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Feomathar

make a new account and add him/her, but don't tell him who you are and be friends so that you could see his/her online status in that new account and so that you can actually delete that contact from your former account.

This is the only solution for your needs I guess :)