Shoutbox

What have you acheived in the past year? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What have you acheived in the past year? (/showthread.php?tid=56124)

What have you acheived in the past year? by absorbation on 02-22-2006 at 04:32 PM

Well well well, boys and girls, it dawned on me, in school today how last year was so much fun that this year and I thought, wow this and that has happened here, bob done ben etc. so I thought what have I learnt and done the past year.

It is a good way to feel good about yourself, I have acheived pritty much all the skills you see before you since a joined this community a year ago, and it is all thanks to you :P

So what have you done in your life that you are proud of in the last 365 days?

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by stoshrocket on 02-22-2006 at 04:40 PM

about 8 months ago i started web design.... now im upto..

http://methos2.skarz.co.uk/beta/

and i am helping with demon designs! ZOMG!

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by absorbation on 02-22-2006 at 04:42 PM

lol looks like h-masters new beta :P

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by stoshrocket on 02-22-2006 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
lol looks like h-masters new beta :P

:O how dare you! its not like he showed me the deisgn or anything! 8-) no, i just robbed the old boxes off him, im changing those... :P
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Chris4 on 02-22-2006 at 04:51 PM

Firstly, congrats Absorbation for acheiving your goals :P

Being only 14, I don't know much about computers compared to alot of people on the forums, but I'm proud of what I have learnt and how quickly I have learnt it. This is anything from HTML to repairing computers. Everyone comes to me for help with computers, so I'm proud of that :P

:banana:

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Ghost_Stalker on 02-22-2006 at 04:54 PM

I finally got my own website off the ground (http://www.nereus.ca) and Toshiba gave me a brand new laptop, full of super-kicky awesomeness!

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Rubber Stamp on 02-22-2006 at 05:09 PM

[Image: vhb3nl.jpg]
did great at school...

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by No Leg Joe on 02-22-2006 at 06:13 PM

got a girlfriend! lol, we have been going out for 2 months now.
i have also learned alot about computers (i can now BB code, YAYS! easiest kind of coding there is, i know!)
got an A and a B in science GCSE module tests
got an A is a science mock Xam....yeah, its been a good year so far!

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Plik on 02-22-2006 at 06:36 PM

Got into college.
and caught a nice size shark whilst fishing :grin: (didn't kill it :))

thats about all that i can remember :P

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Supersonicdarky on 02-22-2006 at 06:39 PM

i installed a keylogger at school :refuck:

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by bmtaylor on 02-22-2006 at 06:45 PM

hmm, what I've done in the past year?

Ok;

Seperated from my wife (now going through a divorce)

Lost roughly 4.5st (63lbs) since April 05 (and still losing)

Found a decent job with quite excellent prospects, now into my 7th month with the company.

Looking at it, that doesn't look like an awful lot TBH.  Oh well.

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by prashker on 02-22-2006 at 07:58 PM

I have became almost all of your friends :banana:

- Improved In Photoshop
- Learned way more by being here :) (thx :P)
etc :P

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Vazza on 02-22-2006 at 08:08 PM

Hmmm.......

• Admitted that I had made an mistake with my Uni course and left in August
  • Returned home
  • Started selling on ebay (and is going well I might add)
  • Applied for a new uni course in Nursing, had my interview at the end of January and now going to start it in August this year
  • Starting a new job during the week pretty soon too

Pretty boring year actually :p
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Voldemort on 02-23-2006 at 12:10 AM

got a big nice 60 in my conduct average because i hit a guy...
close to getting suspended..
and i almost throw myself out of a fishing boat to get my fishing rod... the thing that holds it broke and i didnt want to lose my $60 thing.

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by RebelSean on 02-23-2006 at 12:34 AM

Interesting question, what have I done the past year? Well as far as I can remember, here is what I've done:

• Successfully released 2 versions of my website
  • Got in the MSN Messenger & Windows Live Messenger betas
  • Got a 4.0 GPA, not current though :(
  • Found someone special in my life that I love
  • Got a new PC (Huge acheivement let me tell you!)
  • Got myself a nice 40% warn on Neowin for pasting a link that had a girls nipple ring showing
  • Got unbanned from this place :banana:
  • Starting a decent blog
  • Started learning how to do graphic design :cheesy:
  • Getting arrested for public indecency :D

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Voldemort on 02-23-2006 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Getting arrested for public indecency

what did you do?
connect to msn.
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by qgroessl on 02-23-2006 at 12:56 AM

I've matured A LOT... I have been more mature than the people in my grade for quite a while and still am... But coming to high school makes you realized that every one of your choices has an impact on your life... some good some bad.

I've made a lot of new friends! My best friend's mom started dating some guy... turns out this guy's son is a senior and he's a cool guy... So I've managed to get to be friends with a lot of them! Just by being myself!... Plus everybody in my town knows each other and I've gotten around to talking to some people that I normally wouldn't talk to.

I'm thinking more about graduating high school with requirements that will help me get into a university. I need some better grades yet to get into a big school... And on this note I've started to think more about my future career in life... I'm still not sure at all what it's going to be... But I'm at least thinking about it... I want to do something in music... I'd love to play in a jazz band... or to become a Band Director at some school..... Another thing that has come to my mind that sounds like it would be a very very fun way to spend some part of my life... Is to join the Army Band.... I'd have the profession I love and get to travel too...

Another thing with the Army... I've always dreamed of becoming an Army Ranger... or a Navy SeAL...

Ah... and I've been getting progressivly worse with people... I've made a lot of friends... but yet I'm turning into my brother (a jackass).... not what I want to do... So hopefully I can turn that around..

I accidently almost made this into my goals in life ;)

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Pipish on 02-23-2006 at 12:59 AM

well ive lost alot of weight 10 kilos to be exact

ive learned how to play guitar quite well

some may see this as a bad thing but i am hardly ever on the computer anymore

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Lou on 02-23-2006 at 01:10 AM

I made friends, lost more. Realised just the other day that my best friend in fact was a total jerk. Found that a few of my friends started doing drugs, one them got caught by her mom two days ago and isn't ever coming back to school.

Learnt alot about web design. Got banned here a few times.
Got in an argument with nvez, but it all came better in the end (sorry).

Made a few vb programs learnt alot about vb yet am still not very good at it.

Learnt quite a bit of php. But still not that good because it's such a huge programming language.

Found the one that I love.... After many problems with other people. Too bad She doesn't feel the same for me....

Got threatend to be kicked out by my dad various times. Note, if I do get kicked out...I won't be back here for a while. No home = no computer

Learnt that in life, you have to at least "pretend" to be happy...it's better for you that way.

All in all, a very eventful year, full of bad, and a bit of good.

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by RebelSean on 02-23-2006 at 04:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
quote:
Getting arrested for public indecency

what did you do?
connect to msn.

Streaking while intoxicated, not a good idea to listen to a drunk girl while drunk.
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by qgroessl on 02-23-2006 at 04:39 AM

quote:
Streaking while intoxicated, not a good idea to listen to a drunk girl while drunk

Sounds like fun to me ;)... especially the listening to a drunk girl while drunk part.
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by user27089 on 02-23-2006 at 08:18 AM

I did pretty well in most of my exams and coursework etc.

Got better at designing websites...

The normal stuff really... successfully waxed various parts of my body with joe :p.

Yeah, I realise that may have sounded a bit gay... I'm not, we were just screwing around with his sisters wax strips :lol:.

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Discrate on 02-23-2006 at 11:03 AM

got a girlfriend and got a good job :D

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by -rafy- on 02-23-2006 at 11:07 AM

Finished high School, and got good enough marks to get into uni.

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Aeryn on 02-23-2006 at 12:51 PM

I guess I did reasonably well at uni last year, found some new friends, got through an emotionally difficult time quite successfully, developed as a personality, etc, etc... *-)

Oh yes, and I learned how to use IRC. :grin:

:P

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by absorbation on 02-23-2006 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by No Leg Joe

straight A* here (a)
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by stoshrocket on 02-23-2006 at 03:58 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by No Leg Joe

straight A* here (a)
well, im predicted pretty much straight A*'s for my GCSE's coming up this year (except for damn history -> B) ill post my results when i get em in August after my exams :P
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Rik on 02-23-2006 at 04:10 PM

i learnt how to work in photoshop and how to code, all thanks to this community :)

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by tomfletcherman on 02-23-2006 at 05:01 PM

Got grade 6 piano and grade 7 saxophone
Got more pissed, and as a result puked more
Got good GCSE's
Wasted quite a bit of my summer
Felt a lot more tired and raaah at the end of it

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Zephyr on 02-23-2006 at 05:20 PM

Got some good GCSE results (Search the forum for the GCSE thread for my actual grades if you can be bothered)
Got grade 7 trumpet and grade 8 piano.
Got a great job working in the tunnel at tottenham hotspur football club (my favourite team).
Had some great holidays and met loads of new friends.
Started playing for a football club.
And i'm doing pretty well with A levels, so it's been a great year for me.

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by user27089 on 02-23-2006 at 05:23 PM

Oh yeah.

I threw up in the Wacky Warehouse :cheesy:.

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Zephyr on 02-23-2006 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Oh yeah.

I threw up in the Wacky Warehouse :cheesy:.

Lol, i could tell you about the times i threw up as well in the last year, but i'm not really proud of them, so i won't.
quote:
So what have you done in your life that you are proud of in the last 365 days?

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by user27089 on 02-23-2006 at 05:28 PM

That was the first time I'd thrown up because I was drunk for 2 years :(.

When I bought a pint, somebody else asked if I wanted one, then another and another, so each round... I managed to get 4 pints for myself :(.

Then there was the aftershocks... and the cigars. Man I have never felt so sick :p.

[no subject] by vincerooney on 02-23-2006 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
i installed a keylogger at school :refuck:

Haha you legend! i tried doing that in my old school before I left. Unfortunately didnt manage it in time.

What have i achieved in the past year? Well one particular day i slept 16 hours in one 22 hour period. I thought that was pretty damn good.
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Voldemort on 02-24-2006 at 01:11 AM

whats streaking ? :S :P

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by qgroessl on 02-24-2006 at 01:13 AM

quote:

running publicly around naked
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Voldemort on 02-24-2006 at 01:15 AM

sounds fun :P

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by qgroessl on 02-24-2006 at 01:17 AM

quote:
sounds fun 

Yes... fun... but highly illegal ;)
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Voldemort on 02-24-2006 at 01:19 AM

who cares :P i think ill try it tomorrow here :P

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by RebelSean on 02-24-2006 at 01:33 AM

quote:

That would mean, getting naked and running in front of people's houses and making people see you naked. It'll get you arrested down here, as well as for public intoxication and underage drinking :p.
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by shadowfaerie on 02-25-2006 at 11:52 PM

got an A in photography, got into college, met loads of people, got away from people i dont like, shouted at 40 chavs, made my 17th bday, ... the list goes on.. if only i could find it...

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by LittleK on 02-27-2006 at 10:51 PM

Well I left school.. got some decent GCSE's, found myself a well paid job after lots of unsuccesful tries, nearly made it to the end of my reprimand without doing anything stupid (:D), made up with people i had fell out with, and basically got myself together :)

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by blackjack on 02-28-2006 at 02:55 AM

Well.. im better at school, thats all i can say for now :P

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by John Anderton on 02-28-2006 at 03:00 AM

Better at academics, learnt a bit of programming and other random stuff i guess 8-)

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Mippo on 02-28-2006 at 08:06 AM

I got a job (and have been accepted to work more hours now :gfdrin:), haven't failed any big test while not studying _that_ hard (confidence++) and made some new friends I guess :chrongue:

Oh and got a bit addicted to Voip technology and stuff... :mipdodgy:

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by jren207 on 03-15-2006 at 06:58 PM

Got some good GCSE's,
Got into College,
Got better at PHP/Photoshop/webdesign,
Spammed in the shoutspambox more,
Got to know some more people from college

etc.

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by NiteMare on 03-16-2006 at 12:58 AM

in the past 365 days i've leard more and more about my fiancee, and recently i've proposed to her.  i've also gotten a just, grown to dislike and am quiting, i've also got another job lined up

hmm, i moved a few thousand Km, from toronto, ontario, canada, to moncton area, new brunswick, canada

oh, and i graduated high school

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Pinchichuv on 03-16-2006 at 04:09 AM

thats a tought question, what did i acheived? i drink less that a start, i got new friends in college, i learn more of my inheritance, pass the semester in college

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by NiteMare on 03-16-2006 at 04:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv
i learn more of my inheritance
what did you inherat?
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Pinchichuv on 03-16-2006 at 04:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
i learn more of my inheritance
what did you inherat?
a letter, of a president of mexico (Porfirio Diaz) to my great grandfather that was a Commander
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by NiteMare on 03-16-2006 at 04:32 AM

quote:
a letter, of a president of mexico (Porfirio Diaz) to my great grandfather that was a Commander
is it valuable, or just family significance?
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Pinchichuv on 03-16-2006 at 04:35 AM

quote:
quote:
is it valuable, or just family significance?
i dont know if it is valuable, but for me it is, i dont know if it is as important to the rest of my family as it is to me.
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by NiteMare on 03-16-2006 at 04:36 AM

quote:
but for me it is,
cool, how come?
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Pinchichuv on 03-16-2006 at 04:41 AM

quote:
quote:
but for me it is,
cool, how come?
well im a big fan of history and arqeology ( i think that the its spelled :lol:) and to have a document like that its great and to know that he was a part of history its amazing
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by NiteMare on 03-16-2006 at 04:45 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
but for me it is,
cool, how come?
well im a big fan of history and arqeology ( i think that the its spelled :lol:) and to have a document like that its great and to know that he was a part of history its amazing

cool, whats it about? some old war?

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Pinchichuv on 03-16-2006 at 04:48 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
but for me it is,
cool, how come?

cool, whats it about? some old war?
its like a thank you letter, it says thank you:refuck: kidding, well it like to say he was served his country and stuff like that
RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Voldemort on 03-19-2006 at 04:42 AM

* Voldemort demands screenshot :P

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by [MR] on 03-19-2006 at 05:06 AM

I achieved building my now awesome computer, along with some other really slow computers and  I got on the A honor roll at school.

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by Fuzzles on 03-19-2006 at 11:38 PM

State Diving!

NEW Motorbike!!!! Yz80 2 stroke

New Bike

Had glandular fever 8o| -----missed out of 6 weeks of scool:P:P

RE: What have you acheived in the past year? by lordy on 03-19-2006 at 11:44 PM

I learned a hell of alot more about computers than I used to, I've now surpassed my grandfather in computer knowledge (he's the one that taught me all I knew before) so I'm pretty hapy about that :refuck:

I've learnt a bit of PHP, started Year 12, improved in my knowledge of wed design, etc.

all fun stuff :)

Oh, and now almost everyone around this place (being forum and my town) knows that I'm bi now, and my life's never been better :)