Shoutbox

[split] --> (Suggestion) Specific program volume control - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [split] --> (Suggestion) Specific program volume control (/showthread.php?tid=56137)

[split] --> (Suggestion) Specific program volume control by kierant on 02-23-2006 at 01:07 AM

~INVASION~'s thread in Tech Talk gave me an idea for a suggestion. In the same way that Plus! gives the user the option of transparency - ranging from 0-80% - I thought the same feature with regards to notification volume would be useful.

So for example, I could have my overall volume at a certain level (100%), my media player slightly less than max (say 70% - obviously set within the player). However, this would mean that any MSN notifications would be at 100% and therefore louder than my music. It would be ideal to be able to choose a custom volume for notifications (say 50%) to comply to my needs at the time. Having user specific volumes would also be useful.

Is this possible?

Edits: Just re-worded it a little as the original post made my seem semi-illiterate. Hopefully now it reads better. :p

RE: [split] --> (Suggestion) Specific program volume control by Supersonicdarky on 02-23-2006 at 03:41 AM

or something i would use - have the same, but for every status:

online - 100%
busy - 25%
away - 0%

RE: [split] --> (Suggestion) Specific program volume control by ~INVASION~ on 02-23-2006 at 03:43 AM

heh, very awesome idea, i would love for that to be in plus!, i know i would deffinately use it

RE: [split] --> (Suggestion) Specific program volume control by kierant on 02-19-2008 at 06:32 PM

So I was just searching the forums to see if anyone had suggested such an idea, and lo-and-behold somebody did. And it was me!

Sorry for shamelessly bumping this thread but I've just turned my music up loud but it now means my MSN is very loud - which is annoying! So this is still relevent to me.

Please :)