Shoutbox

custom emoticons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: custom emoticons (/showthread.php?tid=56153)

custom emoticons by mesz86 on 02-23-2006 at 10:09 AM

I want to turn off the custom emoticons, but Messenger Plus! always turns it on. Why? :o

RE: custom emoticons by J.J on 02-23-2006 at 10:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mesz86
I want to turn off the custom emoticons, but Messenger Plus! always turns it on. Why? :o

Are you sure that Messenger Plus! is turning it on?

When deselecting the option for showing custom emoticons in Msn Messenger options, make sure you sign out first, before you exit Msn Messenger. That will save your settings and keep the custom emoticons feature disabled.
RE: custom emoticons by mesz86 on 02-23-2006 at 08:28 PM

OK thanks, I'll try!
Before I installed Messenger Plus, it wasn't any problem with custom emoticons. That's why I thought it! (And MSN Support told me too!)

RE: custom emoticons by mesz86 on 02-26-2006 at 03:52 PM

I've disabled the custom emoticons feature that way you told me, but now it's on again... (I didn't turned off the computer, and exit MSN Messenger)
What should I do?

RE: custom emoticons by blacknight on 03-29-2006 at 04:06 PM

This is happening for me too.  It happens on my mates computer also, but he doesn't bother turning them off anyway, so probably hasn't noticed.

I don't have any other plugins installed, no smiley central stuff or anything of the sort.  Not had plus! for over a year, and the option has been turned off for ages without a problem, come to put plus! on and the option is forced on.  This is the reason why i got rid of it all that time ago!!

Is this a bug or just an annoying feature?

[post recommended by Jaguar & Sunshine via IRC - aware of the issue!]

RE: custom emoticons by Patchou on 04-02-2006 at 11:14 PM

You're not the first one to report this issue unfortunately.. the issue should be fixed in Messenger Plus! Live. Sorry about that.