Shoutbox

msn 8.0 Beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: msn 8.0 Beta (/showthread.php?tid=56169)

msn 8.0 Beta by J-xToF on 02-23-2006 at 04:27 PM

Are there any updates for msn beta 8.0?

Its quite buggy and i dont know even where to report those bugs...

Maybe i should go back to msn 7.5?

RE: msn 8.0 Beta by Curtis on 02-23-2006 at 04:29 PM

There is no MSN 8.0, there is WLM 8.0, but no MSN.  By the way, it's buggy because it's still being made, that's why it's called a beta.

RE: msn 8.0 Beta by John Anderton on 02-23-2006 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by J-xToF
Are there any updates for msn beta 8.0?

Its quite buggy and i dont know even where to report those bugs...

Yeah you should go back to 7.5 if you are troubled by all the bugs. If you are in the managed beta (invited my microsoft and not a user) then you should have access to connect and thus to its updates.
The latest version available to beta testers (those who have been invited by microsoft. All others are beta users) have WLM 8.0.0562 :)
RE: msn 8.0 Beta by absorbation on 02-23-2006 at 04:41 PM

Yes, but only connect testers are allowed it.

quote:
Originally posted by J-xToF

That's what i'm on :P
RE: msn 8.0 Beta by Fanta on 02-23-2006 at 05:34 PM

WLM is interesting because it's still "new" and everything that's forbidden in way is tempting. But in this case I would advise everyone to just stay on MSN messenger 7.5 where you can happily use plus, and aren't bugged by all the bugs. There's still no update to WLM publically available that makes it any less buggy :/

RE: msn 8.0 Beta by Lt.Col.DraGon on 02-23-2006 at 06:27 PM

Anyone can go back to 7.5, unless you are a MP!L tester ;)

RE: msn 8.0 Beta by branthemosherman on 02-23-2006 at 07:02 PM

for your own good aswell, as downgraders are risky especially if you get them off dodgy sites

so stick untill the public BETA comes out :)

i'm on the BETA roll, and you don't want to put up with all the crashes :P trust me

RE: msn 8.0 Beta by vincerooney on 02-23-2006 at 07:22 PM

Here's a couple of questions for you WLM fanatics. I got the Beta finally if anyone was following the 'WLM for Vincey' campaign. I tested it for about a month before returning to MSN...i miss my msgplus chat logs.

Anyway...

1) When is the public Beta for WLM coming out?
2) When is WLM going to go live? aka final version completed.
3) Any news on when the we can add yahoo contacts to msn and vice versa. We were told first quarter of 2006. We're in that now?

These questions are purely for the fact i have no life and often daydream them...

RE: msn 8.0 Beta by Menthix on 02-23-2006 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vincerooney
1) When is the public Beta for WLM coming out?
You could call the whole WLM invites thing public beta. Because those people get to use WLM without submitting bugs. So public beta has already been started, but you just need a invite. (The real closed beta is done by those in the managed beta on Connect)

quote:
2) When is WLM going to go live? aka final version completed.
Nobody knows, no dates have been set or mentioned by Microsoft.

quote:
3) Any news on when the we can add yahoo contacts to msn and vice versa. We were told first quarter of 2006. We're in that now?
Nobody really know that either. The current WLM beta doesn't have it build in yet, and i can imagine it needs some testing before they make such a feature public, so i don't think it will happen anytime soon. Yahoo says "we're thinking the first half of 2006". So 2006 Q2 at its best. But i think more Q3 or Q4.
RE: msn 8.0 Beta by RebelSean on 02-23-2006 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by branthemosherman
for your own good aswell, as downgraders are risky especially if you get them off dodgy sites

Not only that, it destroys the digital signature for the exe, thus making all the awesome new features function incorrectly.
RE: msn 8.0 Beta by ipab on 02-24-2006 at 03:06 AM

there are ways around that sean, check on messenger-blog at will's post for a way around that ;).