Shoutbox

ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak (/showthread.php?tid=56185)

ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Ahmad on 02-24-2006 at 06:35 AM

I received my complimentary copy of the 110th issue of ClickX Magazine this morning.

Below you'll see A-Patch, Messenger Plus!, Tweak! and Customess.

[Image: clickx5jm.th.jpg]  [Image: apatch4ab.th.jpg]  [Image: msgplusa9ni.th.jpg]  [Image: msgplusb5ue.th.jpg]  [Image: msgtweakcustomess6xc.th.jpg]

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Chrono on 02-24-2006 at 06:50 AM

Woah, nice :D

Thx for the pics (Y)

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Hank on 02-24-2006 at 06:51 AM

Never heard of "ClickXmagazine" before

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by blackjack on 02-24-2006 at 07:01 AM

woot, good pics and congrats on getting more popular (y) :P

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by zach on 02-24-2006 at 07:27 AM

Awesome (h) See how much the downloads go up!

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Rodney on 02-24-2006 at 10:40 AM

And again they're using my translation :) (of A-Patch that is)

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Stigmata on 02-24-2006 at 10:54 AM

Does timothy know customess was in it as well?

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Menthix on 02-24-2006 at 12:01 PM

Lol, yet another Dutch magazine :)

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Nathan on 02-24-2006 at 12:28 PM

I no :@ :P I cn't read dutch my dad can but i can't be bothered printing it out :D

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by kao on 02-24-2006 at 12:46 PM

grats, quite a nice thing to happen =P

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Menthix on 02-24-2006 at 01:23 PM

Just read through the whole article quickly. Nice article that discusses how apps work and what features they have. Looks like they put quite some time in it and they know what they're talking about. They mention the sponsor as adware (not virus or spyware) (y). Only they say "MSN Plus" a few times where they mean Messenger Plus! :s. But all together it’s a nice article.

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Wabz on 02-24-2006 at 02:50 PM

Its good to see publicity for smaller apps in magazines, its normally massive programs that get acknowladged

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by tony on 02-24-2006 at 03:21 PM

great pictures :banana: i hope i could read dutch :D

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Max on 02-24-2006 at 04:56 PM

It mentions Spleak on the last page. ;)

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Menthix on 02-24-2006 at 07:37 PM

"CustoMess and MSN Custom Games featured in Clickx Magazine" on mess.be frontpage :).

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Patchou on 02-24-2006 at 11:19 PM

Very cool, thx for the report

RE: RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by CookieRevised on 02-25-2006 at 01:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
Never heard of "ClickXmagazine" before
It's a very well known computer magazine in Belgium for years.
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney
And again they're using my translation :) (of A-Patch that is)
of course they do, it's a dutch magazine (they use "my" translation for Plus! too) :p

quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
I received my complimentary copy of the 110th issue of ClickX Magazine this morning.
(y) ...

* CookieRevised rushes to the store to buy the issue:

ClickX magazine nr 110
10 january 2006

Also see http://clickxmagazine.zdnet.be/magazines.cfm?id=52502

The article in the magazine, mentionned above by Ahmad, is actually the second part of a tutorial about MSN Messenger. The first part appeared in issue number 109 and was about how to start with messenger.

UPDATE (8 sept '06): Added to this post the original PDF files of the article as found in the Clickx Archive DVD.

-

Another (online) article about Plus! in ClickX:
http://clickxmagazine.zdnet.be/magazines.cfm?id=52115

In the online article, they shortly talk about the sponsor, which they explicitly say it is adware. They also explicitly say there is even a time delay before you can click on "next" (to prevent accidental clicks)!

They say that 3.62 can now run together with the upcomming Plus! Live. Which lays the foundation for a new Plus! version and experience as soon as WLM is released... They correctly explain why, since 3.50, Patchou doesn't block the ads in MSN Messenger anymore... They list many options of Plus!.

And last but not least, they even mention that Plus! has a verisign signature so you can always check if the download isn't corrupted or altered.

They clearly know what they're talking about and clearly did some good research before making those articles (or Lars, the guy who wrote the article, is an up-to-date serious Messenger addict himself :p).

-

PS: I also added this thread to the list in "Funny/original posts about/from the forum-community..." together with all the other magazines where Plus! was mentionned in.

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by albert on 02-25-2006 at 05:21 PM

Once again this is super cool, but I can't understand a single thing of what the magazine says.. :(

RE: ClickX Mag & A-Patch / MsgPlus! / Tweak by Voldemort on 02-26-2006 at 03:28 AM

congrats!