Shoutbox

AeroMSN v1.5 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: AeroMSN v1.5 (/showthread.php?tid=56186)

AeroMSN v1.5 by ipab on 02-24-2006 at 08:11 AM

We are back and better than before! You guys asked for it and now you got it…..its AeroMSN 1.5.

After the unleashing of version 1.0 we felt as if there was something missing in the skin, so we went back into production and made AeroMSN even better! We are sure that you will all enjoy the new style we have put in.

---------------------------
OFFICIAL CHANGE LOG
---------------------------

•    New Remixed buddy icon that fits in better with the skin and makes it look hotter than before.
•    New EVEN MORE compact chat window that fixes the previous problem with low resolution monitors.
•    Updated PNGs that look a much smoother.
•    Fixed up language errors in skins (e.g. tooltips etc).
•    PSM Bug fixed.... now shows smooth PNGs (special thanks to Matti for helping there).
•    Dropdown menus bug fixed.
•    Removed glass borders in sign in screen and contact card which caused problems with Dynamic DPs.
•    Sign in animation changed to an orb since making the new buddy icon spin was a bit too complicated and time consuming.
•    Fixed a few text colour issues.
•    New Revised installation procedure.
•    New Directory chooser in installation for those who have MSN installed somewhere else because of running WLM.
•    New Successful install counter for us to see how many installs have been completed successfully.

Download Link: http://www.mad-skinning.be/skins/?page=aero

RE: AeroMSN v1.5 by Eddie on 02-24-2006 at 08:22 AM

Sounds Cool :) Except i use Windows Live Messenger hehe.

RE: AeroMSN v1.5 by zach on 02-24-2006 at 08:41 AM

Any screenshots of the latest version?
Looks like you've put lot of effort into even when WLM is coming out.

RE: AeroMSN v1.5 by ipab on 02-24-2006 at 08:53 AM

if you go to the link I gave you, there should be a link called "preview" click on it.

RE: AeroMSN v1.5 by Nathan on 02-24-2006 at 09:46 AM

does it support plus?

RE: AeroMSN v1.5 by Eddie on 02-24-2006 at 10:05 AM

Great job ipab!! Looks Awesome :)

RE: AeroMSN v1.5 by zach on 02-24-2006 at 10:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
if you go to the link I gave you, there should be a link called "preview" click on it.
Oh j/k :$ I was thinking that was a direct download link.
* zach waits for page to load. -kicks 64kbs-
I see it now, awesome (h) http://www.mad-skinning.be/ is very nice too.
RE: AeroMSN v1.5 by Zahid™ on 02-24-2006 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Msg Plus Freak
does it support plus?
Yes. And very nice skin (Y).
RE: AeroMSN v1.5 by blackjack on 02-24-2006 at 10:28 PM

Good job as usual ipab ;)

RE: AeroMSN v1.5 by RebelSean on 02-25-2006 at 12:52 AM

When will you guys start skinning for WLM? Wait, I haven't been following the skinning parts, is it skinnable?

RE: AeroMSN v1.5 by TheSteve on 02-25-2006 at 12:57 AM

Only to a certain extent. Most of the RLEs can be "worked around" but not all of them. (Specifically the contact list status icons)

RE: AeroMSN v1.5 by absorbation on 02-25-2006 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheSteve
Only to a certain extent. Most of the RLEs can be "worked around" but not all of them. (Specifically the contact list status icons)

Any image that splits up has this problem basiclly. Also re adding the PNGS to the UIFILES is a very long and enduring job. Our best hope is trying to convert the .rle extension. :)

This way only advanced skinners will be releasing skins, and it will take alot longer to do so and Windows Live Messenger being beta, we do not want to waste our time, until we find a solution or until Windows Live Messenger is final.

On a side note, the new WLM build has stored the resources in a totally different way, so with this our main hope is that they set up a skinning system :P