Shoutbox

Google Release Free Website Service - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Google Release Free Website Service (/showthread.php?tid=56211)

Google Release Free Website Service by YourNeibour on 02-25-2006 at 03:11 AM

http://pages.google.com/

Google have launched Google Page Creator, a free website creation tool.

Perhaps best described as Geocities for the 21st century, Page Creator takes the Google AJAX magic and applies it to website design. The process is simple, albeit, at this time, a little buggy.

In a fashion remarkably similar to Powerpoint, users can pick from a number of themes (or change them on the go) and text layouts. It makes use of a rather clever What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor, so users don't have to face the prospect of editing HTML (but the option exists). Best of all, in true ground breaking fashion, Google lets you have 100MB of space for free, and it doesn't even put ads on your homepage.

It's all very easy; of course, that's the idea. Google have identified an area of the web which has garnered little interest in the last few years. "Free" providers traditionally have provided a lack lustre offering designed to try and persuade people to go up to pay-for options. No longer. Google Pages sees the company delve into a natural but new field, and will no doubt be popular.

RE: Google Release Free Website Service by Supersonicdarky on 02-25-2006 at 03:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
http://pages.google.com/

Google have launched Google Page Creator, a free website creation tool.

Perhaps best described as Geocities for the 21st century, Page Creator takes the Google AJAX magic and applies it to website design. The process is simple, albeit, at this time, a little buggy.

In a fashion remarkably similar to Powerpoint, users can pick from a number of themes (or change them on the go) and text layouts. It makes use of a rather clever What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor, so users don't have to face the prospect of editing HTML (but the option exists). Best of all, in true ground breaking fashion, Google lets you have 100MB of space for free, and it doesn't even put ads on your homepage.

It's all very easy; of course, that's the idea. Google have identified an area of the web which has garnered little interest in the last few years. "Free" providers traditionally have provided a lack lustre offering designed to try and persuade people to go up to pay-for options. No longer. Google Pages sees the company delve into a natural but new field, and will no doubt be popular.

:( it has reached limit

i'll be sure to use it for file storage :P
RE: Google Release Free Website Service by rav0 on 02-25-2006 at 05:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
Maybe they don't want us to, it doesn't mean that we wont.
quote:
Due to heavy demand, we are unable to offer new accounts for today. If you'd like to be added to our waiting list, please enter your email address.
quote:
Thank you for your interest in Google Page Creator! Google Page Creator has experienced extremely strong demand, and, as a result, we have temporarily limited the number of new signups as we increase capacity. In the meantime, please submit your email address and we will notify you as soon as we are ready to add new accounts. Thank you for your patience.

RE: Google Release Free Website Service by John Anderton on 02-25-2006 at 05:15 AM

rav0: No surprise there :P

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
Exactly what i was thinking :P
RE: Google Release Free Website Service by Nathan on 02-25-2006 at 09:04 AM

Are they ever going to run out of storage :o

RE: Google Release Free Website Service by ~INVASION~ on 02-25-2006 at 09:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Msg Plus Freak
Are they ever going to run out of storage :o

i really dont think so, theyll probably run out of space to store all the storage before they run out of storage, then theyll have to store all there storage devices in outer space, 8-)

but hey i aint complining, just means more room for me but 100mbits isnt all that, you can get it at sitesled for free right now : /