Shoutbox

Inbox problem in k300i - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Inbox problem in k300i (/showthread.php?tid=56226)

Inbox problem in k300i by Rubber Stamp on 02-25-2006 at 06:39 PM

i have a sony ericsson k300i phone. i wanted to know is there any way i can save my text messeges on the phone memory so that my inbox doesnt get filled up?
thanx.

RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Nathan on 02-25-2006 at 07:12 PM

It should already store on the phone memory...
Problay your phone doesnt have a lot of storage for messages.
A sim card only has a 10-20 message storage.

To chceck do the following...
Go to menu > messages > Saved Messages.
See if they are all stored there ;)

RE: Inbox problem in k300i by YottabyteWizard on 02-25-2006 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Msg Plus Freak
Go to menu > messages > Saved Messages.
No, received items are on Inbox and sent ones are on Sent Items. To saved them in the phone and free up some space on the SIM card, select the message, then on More, then on Save Message. Phones  have (almost all) a very small space for saved messages.
RE: Inbox problem in k300i by rav0 on 02-26-2006 at 04:58 AM

They probably are getting saved onto the phone (not SIM).

The phone wont use its regular memory for SMS. The regular memory is where pictures, sounds, etc are stored, measured in KB or MB.

SMS is in a separate store, with a maximum message amount allowed.

RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Nathan on 02-26-2006 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
They probably are getting saved onto the phone (not SIM).

The phone wont use its regular memory for SMS. The regular memory is where pictures, sounds, etc are stored, measured in KB or MB.

SMS is in a separate store, with a maximum message amount allowed.
Exactly so either the phone doesnt have a lot of storage for messages or soemthing else :P
RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Rubber Stamp on 02-26-2006 at 10:21 AM

can i increase the maximum limit somehow, cos right now, i can store maximum of around 100 msgs, including ones in the sent folder and the ones in the saved folder.
and when i go to save msgs, i can save it only as a template or in the 'saved messages' folder, and no where else!

RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Mike on 02-26-2006 at 10:30 AM

My phone (Sony Ericsson T630) can also store somewhere around 100 messages (i think that the SMS memory is somewhere at 1kb ... i think)

If you have a way to connect your phone with your computer (bluetooth, data cable, infrared) then you should download floAt's Mobile Agent (works only for SE phones) where you can do various things with your phone, including downloading your SMS to the computer, so you can delete them from your phone, and have a copy on your computer.

RE: Inbox problem in k300i by John Anderton on 02-26-2006 at 02:06 PM

quote:
A sim card only has a 10-20 message storage.
A sim card has about 64k memory (the ones that we get here do and by we i mean me and rubber stamp) so 64k can have a lot more messages than 10-20 :)

Rubber Stamp: While we are on the topic of sim cards and their memory's, i heard hutch is comming out with a new sim card with 512mb memory O.o I can believe it :|. h@x :dodgyomar:
RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Nathan on 02-26-2006 at 02:07 PM

Yes but sim cards also have to hold contacts. So some of the memory is used up there.

RE: Inbox problem in k300i by John Anderton on 02-26-2006 at 02:11 PM

quote:
Yes but sim cards also have to hold contacts. So some of the memory is used up there.
All that is stored in the phone memory. It only goes to the sim when you tell it to be copied there :-/
That feature is used incase you are changing your phone / you want to keep backup's on your sms' or contacts.
RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Rubber Stamp on 02-26-2006 at 04:50 PM

a sim wid 512 mb of memory......damn! where did u read that, i mean whats the source?
damn...guess hutch will make me change from airtel!
anyway, can i save the msgs somewhere else on my phone, is there any such option?
and another thing, how do i access system settings on my phone? i read on some forum u have to press certain keys on the joystick, but that just opens the shortcuts i have set.

RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Nathan on 02-26-2006 at 04:53 PM

Here
I no thats amazing

RE: Inbox problem in k300i by rav0 on 02-27-2006 at 01:10 AM

These are the keys to press. It will open a shortcut when you start entering it, but keep entering the rest of the code and it will work.

right, star, left, left, star, left, star

There is nothing useful in there though, perhaps the coolest thing is the screen test pattern.

The message limit on your phone is set because otherwise the phone cant handle a huge amount of messages. The K750 has been hacked to raise the message limit, but opening folders takes much longer, and having too many messages will just crash the phone. I don't know of such a hack for K300 anyway.

RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Nathan on 02-27-2006 at 07:35 AM

Yer I no that it's just to test stuff. I didnt think it was relevent though.
You should also add it needs to be on the normal screen not on the menu ;)
I do now that the older phones don't have as much text storage.

RE: Inbox problem in k300i by John Anderton on 02-27-2006 at 10:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
right, star, left, left, star, left, star
I was just going to say that :P

>, *, <, <, *, <, *

quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
a sim wid 512 mb of memory......damn! where did u read that, i mean whats the source?
I heard it from someone though here in mumbai ever since orange merged with its mother company hutch, the network and services have dropped :dodgy:
Thats may be why ill stick with my dolphin :P
RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Rubber Stamp on 02-27-2006 at 01:18 PM

but ill still dump airtel if hutch comes out with such a sim..
it sounds too good to be true.

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
>, *, <, <, *, <, *
got it.
thanx
RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Nathan on 02-27-2006 at 04:06 PM

the secret menu (which it's called) does not help with file storage it simply tells you what model your phone is ur screen config etc.
It is to test your phone but it has nothing to do with file storage.
I have known about this since I was bout 9 and I loved it to show my friends :P but then it got boring

RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Rubber Stamp on 02-28-2006 at 04:47 PM

quote:
the secret menu (which it's called) does not help with file storage it simply tells you what model your phone is ur screen config etc.
It is to test your phone but it has nothing to do with file storage.

i know that, i was just asking it as a seperate question.
RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Kurtis_Kain on 03-01-2006 at 09:53 AM

Ok, I know for a fact that a vodafone 64Kb simcard can hold up to a maximum 20 messages, and my phone (panasonic VS2) can hold 500 msgs by itself., the only way i can think of around this is just to delete older ones fairly soon after receiving

RE: Inbox problem in k300i by Rubber Stamp on 03-01-2006 at 04:32 PM

i finally decided to transfer the msgs to my computer and then delete, although i would have been happy with a better solution..but still its okay. thanx for all the replys guys.