Shoutbox

i-tunes linked to msn? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: i-tunes linked to msn? (/showthread.php?tid=56273)

i-tunes linked to msn? by JO5H on 02-26-2006 at 11:55 PM

Hi, i currently have windows media linked to my msn so when i play music in WM it shows up on msn so all my contacts can see what im listening too. I was wondering wether i could do it with i-tunes so when im playing music on that programme everyone can see?

cheers josh.

RE: i-tunes linked to msn? by Zephyr on 02-26-2006 at 11:59 PM

It already works with Itunes, you don't need a plugin to do it.

Just make sure you have Turn on "What i'm listening to" checked in MSN Messenger for your personal message. Then when you play a song with Itunes it will show up exactly the same way it does for windows media player.

RE: i-tunes linked to msn? by JO5H on 02-27-2006 at 12:09 AM

its doesnt ive tryed it!

RE: i-tunes linked to msn? by Hank on 02-27-2006 at 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JO5H
Hi, i currently have windows media linked to my msn so when i play music in WM it shows up on msn so all my contacts can see what im listening too. I was wondering wether i could do it with i-tunes so when im playing music on that programme everyone can see?
go to Tools > Plug-ins> & uncheck MSN messenger Music Plugin that should work
RE: i-tunes linked to msn? by JO5H on 02-27-2006 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
quote:
Originally posted by JO5H
am i supposed to do that on windows media player if so ive tried that and it still isnt working.

RE: i-tunes linked to msn? by Hank on 02-27-2006 at 12:31 AM

yeah ...been awhile since iv'e used itunes to test this out so i cant really recal. but have you looked at the Privacy options in itunes?.. that may block it from showing content

RE: i-tunes linked to msn? by Zephyr on 02-27-2006 at 12:34 AM

Just checking, did you try closing itunes then reopening it, or unchecking the personal message option and rechecking it?

If you still can't get it working, you could try reinstalling MSN Messenger or Itunes.

quote:
Originally posted by Animal

I think you need this option checked in Windows Media Player for it to work with Itunes as well.

So open Windows Media Player > Tools > Plus-ins> Check MSN Messenger Music Plugin.

Then try playing a song with Itunes.
RE: i-tunes linked to msn? by Hank on 02-27-2006 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr
I think you need this option checked in Windows Media Player for it to work with Itunes as well
i really dont know, but was worth a go, , i aint gonna download 34MB just to get this thing working, . there has to be some option in itunes thats stopping this content from being displayed in the " whats playing"

someone needs to take a screenshot of the options in itunes thats ticked an make it a Sticky Thread so every itunes user can compare notes
RE: i-tunes linked to msn? by JO5H on 02-27-2006 at 12:43 AM

animal tried that aint working.

RE: i-tunes linked to msn? by JO5H on 02-27-2006 at 12:46 AM

thanks everyone ive done it noe duno how but its working now lol.

RE: i-tunes linked to msn? by Hank on 02-27-2006 at 12:56 AM

wierd. when you findout how. Please let us know, a lot ask this question here an most here do not use itunes or atleast some here dont use itunes