Shoutbox

DZ - How many active members are there? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: DZ - How many active members are there? (/showthread.php?tid=56295)

DZ - How many active members are there? by matty on 02-27-2006 at 08:04 PM

How many active members are there?

RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by Menthix on 02-27-2006 at 08:08 PM

That depends allot on how you define active.

RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by matty on 02-27-2006 at 08:10 PM

People who actually visit the forum regularly. Not those who have registered and not visited in months?

RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by WDZ on 02-27-2006 at 08:28 PM

Of the 32393 members in the database, 1624 of them were active in the last 31 days. Excluding members who registered in that period, the number drops to 876.

RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by qgroessl on 02-27-2006 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Of the 32393 members in the database, 1624 of them were active in the last 31 days. Excluding members who registered in that period, the number drops to 876.

Can you tell how many of them have multiple accounts :refuck:
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by Hank on 02-27-2006 at 10:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
what are you sugesting DZ do
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by John Anderton on 02-28-2006 at 02:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
what are you sugesting DZ do
Run a search through the database ??

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

Can you tell how many of them have multiple accounts :refuck:
:dodgy: None of them have multiple active accounts :-/ Unless you are dodgy enough to do that ..... i dont see the point. :-/
RE: RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by Snake on 02-28-2006 at 04:11 AM

quote:
:dodgy: None of them have multiple active accounts :-/ Unless you are dodgy enough to do that ..... i dont see the point. :-/

It's people that have nuthing beter to do with there life :P
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by John Anderton on 02-28-2006 at 04:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snake1131
It's people that have nuthing beter to do with there life :P
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Unless you are dodgy enough to do that
Thats what i meant too :lol:
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by qgroessl on 02-28-2006 at 04:15 AM

quote:
None of them have multiple active accounts  Unless you are dodgy enough to do that ..... i dont see the point

Well... I meant out of the total number of members... not just the active ones... Cause I'm sure people with one or two posts have registered more than once... Cause I'm sure they'd register, post their question... leaves for a couple months... not rmemeber their password... maek a new account... and yeah...
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by Rik on 02-28-2006 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
Well... I meant out of the total number of members... not just the active ones... Cause I'm sure people with one or two posts have registered more than once... Cause I'm sure they'd register, post their question... leaves for a couple months... not rmemeber their password... maek a new account... and yeah...
then the other account wouldn't be active :undecided:
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by Hank on 02-28-2006 at 10:28 AM

quote:

Run a search through the database ??
good idea :refuck: ..was wondering if matty asked this into maybe suggesting DZ cuts out the unwanted/unactive users. i think i PM'd DZ about this months ago.
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by lordy on 02-28-2006 at 10:30 AM

I dont think you could delete forum accounts that are 'inactive' because they might come back?

RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by Hank on 02-28-2006 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16

I dont think you could delete forum accounts that are 'inactive' because they might come back?
depends how long these accounts have been inactive for?
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by Chestah on 02-28-2006 at 11:07 AM

quote:

It's been done before :P
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by lordy on 02-28-2006 at 11:19 AM

well tbh I doubt that DZ wants to go through all the members and delete the ones that arent active? =/

RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by Hank on 02-28-2006 at 11:36 AM

quote:

well tbh I doubt that DZ wants to go through all the members and delete the ones that arent active? =/
i think he deletes a bit at a time depending on how 'inactive' the account has been running on the db for
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by ShawnZ on 02-28-2006 at 12:37 PM

Maybe just hide them from the members list (unless they are searched for?)

RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by WDZ on 02-28-2006 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
quote:
It's been done before :P
Indeed... I do occasionally prune inactive accounts. The last prunage was in September.

Now stop obsessing about it... I will prune again whenever I feel like it. :p
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by John Anderton on 02-28-2006 at 04:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
quote:

depends how long these accounts have been inactive for?
I think the current limit is around a year :)

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I will prune again whenever I feel like it.
meaning when you are bored with your current "collection" and you are waiting for about an hour for the new "collection" to be downloaded. :refuck:
* John Anderton runs ... :P
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by Lou on 02-28-2006 at 04:38 PM

To make the job easier on yourself, you should code something that can search in the admin cp, for the old inactive members, and then, prune them all;)

RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by matty on 02-28-2006 at 04:42 PM

My intentions weren't to have DZ prune old inactive members. It is for something else.

RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by WDZ on 02-28-2006 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
To make the job easier on yourself, you should code something that can search in the admin cp, for the old inactive members, and then, prune them all;)
I have a little script that I upload to the server whenever I want to prune users, which makes the job easier. Of course, I don't want it completely automated, because one mistake could cause quite a bit of damage... :p
RE: DZ - How many active members are there? by matty on 02-28-2006 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
I have a little script that I upload to the server whenever I want to prune users, which makes the job easier. Of course, I don't want it completely automated, because one mistake could cause quite a bit of damage... :p
I remember that :P