Shoutbox

Problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Problems (/showthread.php?tid=56367)

Problems by Negro_Joe on 03-01-2006 at 09:36 PM

Hmm i bet this is annoying now..:P

No verison of MSN works, on older versions aka before WLM, its just wont connect me, and on WLM it says my firewall is blocking it...:s

I have tried disabling my routers firewall, and the windows firewall is off anyway...:S

When i do the troubleshooting within MSN Messenger its says Problems under Key Ports...:s

I have no idea what to do, i feel lonely i cant talk to any one...:(

RE: Problems by user27089 on 03-01-2006 at 09:39 PM

Well, until you've sorted out your problem, I suggest using Trillian, it's pretty good I guess... Has most of the MSN Messenger & Messenger Plus! features.

Other than that, I can't help you :p.

RE: Problems by Voldemort on 03-01-2006 at 09:48 PM

or iloveim.com...
hmm on your problem... are you connect on a lan? try connecting directly to the modem

RE: Problems by Negro_Joe on 03-01-2006 at 09:52 PM

Hmm trillian doesnt wokr either it doesnt connect at all...:'(

RE: Problems by qgroessl on 03-01-2006 at 09:58 PM

Try Webmessenger

webmessenger.msn.com

RE: Problems by Negro_Joe on 03-01-2006 at 10:17 PM

Hmm thanks for these guys, but it dont really slove the problme why is my pc doing this..:s

this is the message that comes up...:s
RE: Problems by Reaper on 03-01-2006 at 10:21 PM

have you tried the troubleshoot and the help buttons?

RE: Problems by Negro_Joe on 03-01-2006 at 10:24 PM

Yes...:)

RE: Problems by Stigmata on 03-01-2006 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by http://stiggy.be/msn/index.php/Error_Codes%287%29

• Check the msn messenger status page to see if it a problem with the messenger servers. If the service is not running allow it time to fix itself.
  • If there are no reported problems on the MSN servers, see if your proxy settings are correct: click "Tools" and then "options" at your MSN Messenger main window. In the options screen click "Connection" in the list to the left. Next, click the "Advanced Settings..." button. If you (likely) do not use a proxy server, try unchecking all the checkboxes except the one labeled TCP and see if you can connect now. (You might have to fully close and start Messenger again before retrying to connect)

If you are on a large network, the network administrator can probably tell you if you should have proxy settings in Messenger.

• In Internet Explorer: click Tools, then Internet Options, select the "connections" tab. Try unchecking (if checked) "Use a proxy server for LAN" and check "Automatically detect settings.". This should enable both Internet Explorer and MSN Messenger to automatically find the best way to connect to the Internet.