Shoutbox

Error reading message history - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Error reading message history (/showthread.php?tid=56391)

Error reading message history by amyearsley on 03-02-2006 at 10:28 AM

Hi

When I try to read any Messenger created messsage history the following error comes up.

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Andrew/My Doc...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Im running 8.0.0566, however messenger support say it is not a messenger issue.

Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers

RE: Error reading message history by TheSteve on 03-02-2006 at 11:30 AM

You probably installed the Internet Explorer 7 beta. That is known to cause problems

RE: Error reading message history by xJ + on 03-02-2006 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by amyearsley
Hi

When I try to read any Messenger created messsage history the following error comes up.

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Andrew/My Doc...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Im running 8.0.0566, however messenger support say it is not a messenger issue.

Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers
I have this problem too after I install Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Public Preview.  As TheSteve said, it's known to cause problems
RE: Error reading message history by amyearsley on 03-02-2006 at 12:14 PM

So is there a work around for this?

RE: Error reading message history by xJ + on 03-02-2006 at 12:36 PM

I think so. Here's the solution:
Quoted from Messenger Support Space: "Are you recieving XML Error when you try to view the Message History from MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger

If you have installed IE 7.0 Beta 2, try changing the Message History path in Messenger through Tools-Options-Messages. Select a path which does not have a space in it.
Remember to copy all the files in your original Message history folder to the new folder so that you will be able to view past Message History after this change. "
Link:
http://spaces.msn.com/messenger-support/blog/cns!...A8B853F!1752.entry