Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? (/showthread.php?tid=56411)

Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by albert on 03-03-2006 at 01:08 AM

Well, as you all know, a lot people have been coming in here asking for Messenger Plus! Live. Of course, it gets a little "bothery" (if this is sayable) to always have to reply to the same thing.

I remember having read something about a Sticky, but let's face it, as mentionned in one of the numerous threads, people who ask for MP! L, usually don't read stickies either.

I thought about this, I do not know if it's doable with MyBB coding or whatsover, but I thought this could help.

Check out the screenie, this could simply be a little text added at the top saying something like :

"If you are searching for Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messenger, please read here"

Or it could be as said in the screenie.

Anyways, I know it's not the best idea ever, and some people will tell me to just let other members reply to these threads, but i think a lot of people have became bored to see demands for the program.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=612404]

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by wj on 03-03-2006 at 01:11 AM

I dont think we need anything that drastic. People will ask either way and honestly, Theres no harm in them asking.

Just ignore them.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by NiteMare on 03-03-2006 at 01:12 AM

its completly doable just a simple template modifacation. or you can use my plug i've made (EMS), but i doubt WDZ would use it:P, plus i don't know how compatable it is

i'm all for this idea, i was JUST thinking about it:P

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by albert on 03-03-2006 at 01:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
I dont think we need anything that drastic.

/me opens up dictonnairy and searches for "drastic".. :$

Oh.. Got it now. :)

quote:
Originally posted by wj
Theres no harm in them asking.

I'm not saying there is, I'm sorry if I may have made this sound harsh, but I think that creates a lot of useless threads.. that then have to be reported and moved.. don't you think?
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by blackjack on 03-03-2006 at 02:45 AM

Or how about an admin email.. i mean.. send a message to all users 8-)?

And tell them to wait and be patient, theres no Messenger Plus! for WLM yet.. sending an email is not that hard :P and not too drastic.. in my opinion

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by Voldemort on 03-03-2006 at 02:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blaCkjaCk

And tell them to wait and be patient, theres no Messenger Plus! for WLM yet.. sending an email is not that hard :P and not too drastic.. in my opinion

yeah but the new members will not receive it, so its useless
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by blackjack on 03-03-2006 at 03:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
quote:

yeah but the new members will not receive it, so its useless

No, that option is selected by default.. and i dont think New members change that.. :P

Allow Board Administrators To Send You Email Notices?
Selecting yes will allow Administrators to send you notices and board newsletters.     yes no

Edit: Sorry.. i now get ur point :P

Yeah.. youre right.. bad idea =/.. i couldnt think of that lol
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by Voldemort on 03-03-2006 at 03:08 AM

quote:
No, that option is selected by default.. and i dont think New members change that..

My apologies, My mistake.
I thought i read pm
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by Vilkku on 03-03-2006 at 07:29 AM

Anyway, many only join the forums to ask for the beta. If you send a mail to all users now, the ones who join after it still wouldn't know about it.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by Fanta on 03-03-2006 at 10:39 AM

Autopming new members might be an option if that could be created. But what's the point? 

These threads might be a pain, but you don't HAVE to reply to them. Just accept the fact that those threads will be here for a while and happily browse around them if they annoy you that much. You'd be complaining a lot more if no one was interested in MP!L at all ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by NiteMare on 03-03-2006 at 11:42 AM

i still say a simple message at the top of the forum would be perfect, not at all over teh top, its a simple quick way to stop spaming, flaming and respected forum members from embarassing them selves

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by John Anderton on 03-03-2006 at 12:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
Check out the screenie
The simple answer is NO

You are a beta tester and you knew when you signed up for the job that such things would come. Beta testing isnt a joke but a responsiblity for the selected few.

You have to live with it and just ignore all such emails, pm's or any other messages :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by NiteMare on 03-03-2006 at 12:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
You are a beta tester and you knew when you signed up for the job that such things would come. Beta testing isnt a joke but a responsiblity for the selected few.
that makes absolutly no sence, why make new members thing that have a chance, and open a thread, why not just tell them off the bat?
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by albert on 03-03-2006 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
The simple answer is NO

Why do you sound upset to me..? :S

quote:

I did take the responsability, and still am while answering the 20ish emails I get for the beta, but that doesn't mean I or other members enjoy to see 20 threads filling up the forums asking for a beta..

By the way.. I might not have your experiment as a beta tester or as a long time member, but know that I take beta-testing very seriously.. I feel kind of offended to see the words "beta testing isn't a joke" adressed to me..

quote:
You have to live with it and just ignore all such emails, pm's or any other messages (Smilie)

To be quite honest I have been answering these PMs and E-mails by a copy paste message saying that no beta-tester can share it and that the best option if they wanted plus was to downgrade.

Now why do I answer these messages? Inverse the situation.. if I was the person searching for the program, I would at least want to know what is going on..

-------------------

I'm not trying to start a war here.. and I don't get why J.A. seems a little offended to have responded with a bolded NO..

I just thought it would be simpler for everyone if the people joining to get the beta would know without having to create numerous useless threads..

I believe this has been shown in the MP! Webchat.. Saying that it will not be released until WLM is..

Anyways I'm sorry if I upset anyone.. If this is going to create problems well may an admin/mod lock this thread? This was simply meant to try and reduce the number of threads created.. not to get on eachother's nerves..

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by John Anderton on 03-03-2006 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
I'm not trying to start a war here.. and I don't get why J.A. seems a little offended to have responded with a bolded NO..
I didnt mean it that way either lp :P
I wanted to set an example for all the new users for they should know what being in a beta means. microsoft had made wlm a joke pretty much with their invite system :-/ People were going crazy without realising what it is :-/

Anyways sticking to a style point, that note would make the site look aweful :refuck:
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Demand Solution? by wj on 03-03-2006 at 05:38 PM

Well, I dont want to interupt your Lovers Quarel here (I thought about splitting it, but Honestly I didnt see a good point to it).

The long and the short of it is No.

Report threads requesting the beta, Dont bother replying. If you get e-mails about it, Just delete them.