Shoutbox

Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta (/showthread.php?tid=56428)

Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by Kally on 03-03-2006 at 07:48 PM

Hi - I would like to know if the Messenger Plus works with the new beta version.

Thanks.

RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by Kryptonate on 03-03-2006 at 07:49 PM

At the moment Plus! doesn't work with WLM. There will be a version of Messenger Plus! called Messenger Plus! Live released when Windows Live Messenger goes final.

RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by tony on 03-03-2006 at 07:50 PM

you will have to wait for messenger plus live, or downgrade to msn messenger 7.5 :)

Edit:
Krypto beat me :)

RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by Kally on 03-03-2006 at 07:54 PM

Thank you both for the prompt replies.  I'll wait since I definitely want the Messenger Plus feature.

RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by shadowdevil on 03-04-2006 at 04:15 AM

If you want 1 that has half the features working, get messenger plus 3.60 or older with wlm  8.0.0562 or 8.0.0566.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by CookieRevised on 03-04-2006 at 10:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by shadowdevil
If you want 1 that has half the features working, get messenger plus 3.60 or older with wlm  8.0.0562 or 8.0.0566.

Like I said in the other thread:

It's not possible, this version will NOT work.

Though it may look like it may have hooked into Windows Live Messenger, the functions and features themselfs (except a very very few) will not work at all.

Please don't suggest to use Plus! 3.60 for Windows Live Messenger.
RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by joemailey on 03-08-2006 at 09:36 AM

Whens PLUS Live! being release to the selected testers?

last time i seen and update was release to testers on by the end of feb, thats pasted i want testers to get it bug reports get fixed get released lol

RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by Kryptonate on 03-08-2006 at 09:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
Whens PLUS Live! being release to the selected testers?

last time i seen and update was release to testers on by the end of feb, thats pasted i want testers to get it bug reports get fixed get released lol
It will be released when it's ready, just wait. You don't gain anything from it being released to testers as no one will leak it.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by joemailey on 03-08-2006 at 09:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
when it's ready, just wait. You don't gain anything from it being released to testers as no one will leak it.

Will people **** up about leaks i asked when it was going to be released to testers.

i didnt ask if it was being leaked plus leaking holds it bk etc etc. patchou cancel the beta etc.
so next time reply with an answer to my question without out adding extra bits on or assuming anything. because that just plane annoying.!!!!

When its ready !! you don't no so don't reply!!!
RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by Fanta on 03-08-2006 at 10:03 AM

You display quite an attitude. Was that really needed?

Mostly, it is not your business of when the beta will be released to beta testers. All that matters for you is that Messenger Plus! Live will be released to everyone when it's ready. Hopefully this will be around the time WLM goes live to all users as well, everyone works hard to make sure it's ready as soon as possible. That should be enough.

RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by Kryptonate on 03-08-2006 at 10:04 AM

No one knows, except perhaps Patchou. It will be released to testers when it's ready. That's the only answer you will get as no date has been set.

And sorry for the leaking part but everyone keeps asking about it and as you are appearently no tester I thought (obviously wrong) that you wanted to know when it was going to be released for a leak.

And as stated before, you don't gain anything from the news of it being released to the testers because Patchou already said that he will wait to release Plus! Live for the release of Windows Live Messenger.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by joemailey on 03-08-2006 at 10:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fantaloonastic
You display quite an attitude. Was that really needed?

Mostly, it is not your business of when the beta will be released to beta testers. All that matters for you is that Messenger Plus! Live will be released to everyone when it's ready. Hopefully this will be around the time WLM goes live to all users as well, everyone works hard to make sure it's ready as soon as possible. That should be enough.

LEAKING was mentioned and leaking is not good esp when its on this board!! people h8 u for it :-). Personally its anyone's business unless patchou states noone should ask about the beta unless your a tester.

quote:
And as stated before, you don't gain anything from the news of it being released to the testers because Patchou already said that he will wait to release Plus! Live for the release of Windows Live Messenger.

Yes i have a general interested in software and beta testing i like to no what is going on and how one of my favourite bits of software is coming along.

unfortunely i wasn't excepted for the beta. so the only way to fine out the proper info is to ask.

TO ASK !!! What else are forums for?!?
RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by Kryptonate on 03-08-2006 at 10:12 AM

quote:
Yes i have a general interested in software and beta testing i like to no what is going on and how one of my favourite bits of software is coming along.

unfortunely i wasn't excepted for the beta. so the only way to fine out the proper info is to ask.

We are not allowed to discuss the beta to non-beta testers. You'll just have to wait.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by joemailey on 03-08-2006 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:

We are not allowed to discuss the beta to non-beta testers. You'll just have to wait.

How come ?!? it will appear on mess.be anyway (not the file so dnt mention leak)

But they'll give run down on whats going on what features etc screenshots. Thats all i'm after :^)
RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by Kryptonate on 03-08-2006 at 10:18 AM

quote:
How come ?!? it will appear on mess.be anyway (not the file so dnt mention leak)

But they'll give run down on whats going on what features etc screenshots. Thats all i'm after
I don't know if it will appear on Mess.be. If things will get on Mess.be then it will be controlled by Patchou and the screenshots and info given will first have to be approved by Patchou.
RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by qgroessl on 03-08-2006 at 12:38 PM

Yes... Like said before... testers are not allowed to say anything about the beta without Patchou's consent..... so with that said, for all any of us know, they could already have it.... But eh... :p... Beta, since I didn't get picked for testing I guess I don't really care if it's out or not :refuck:

RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by -rafy- on 03-08-2006 at 01:36 PM

quote:

But they'll give run down on whats going on what features etc screenshots. Thats all i'm after :^)

You'll find that most of what mess.be reports on msg plus is either given direcly to dwergs by patchou (as an exculsive for mess.be) or more commonly news stories have been sourced here from posts by patchou.

And as for your "How Come" question, well thats just the way it is. Thats patchou's decision. No point in asking questions relating to the details of the beta testing program.
RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by Hotgamer on 03-10-2006 at 01:34 AM

Will never get leaked .... Everything get leaked, nothing can escape that ...

RE: Messenger Plus with new Messenger Beta by Chrono on 03-10-2006 at 01:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hotgamer
Will never get leaked .... Everything get leaked, nothing can escape that ...
Maybe, but leakers will be removed from the list 'till we have a good/trustworthy testers list, like we used to have for Plus! 3 (only one leak, he was removed and then there were no leaks ever again :)).

Anyway, thread closed :P