Shoutbox

Firefox vs IE 6 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Firefox vs IE 6 (/showthread.php?tid=56443)

Firefox vs IE 6 by lrac522 on 03-04-2006 at 04:20 AM

I was informed that Firefox is much faster than IE 6, how factual is this because I haven’t the slightest clue?(Y)

RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by ShawnZ on 03-04-2006 at 04:21 AM

Firefox in all honestly is slower, but it has good reason to be. I won't get into it now and you won't understand or care about the reasons anyway.

RE: RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by lrac522 on 03-04-2006 at 04:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Firefox in all honestly is slower, but it has good reason to be. I won't get into it now and you won't understand or care about the reasons anyway.

Thanks so much for that info.(Y)
RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by prashker on 03-04-2006 at 04:25 AM

www.firefoxmyths.com could explain some stuff :)

RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by ShawnZ on 03-04-2006 at 04:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam

Most of that page is utter bullshit, for the record.
RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by prashker on 03-04-2006 at 04:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam

Most of that page is utter bullshit, for the record.

oh ok :P

nvm then
RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by zach on 03-04-2006 at 04:38 AM

Because he ShawnZ said it's slower, doesn't mean you should stick with IE. Get Firefox or Opera.

RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by -dt- on 03-04-2006 at 05:22 AM

:P firefox is only slower when you start it up , not when rendering pages (which is where speed counts) and firefox is only slower when loading because
1) IE starts with the OS
2) Firefox renders its self.....

RE: RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by lrac522 on 03-04-2006 at 06:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
:P firefox is only slower when you start it up , not when rendering pages (which is where speed counts) and firefox is only slower when loading because
1) IE starts with the OS
2) Firefox renders its self.....

OIC(Y)
RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by shadowdevil on 03-04-2006 at 06:02 AM

I think IE is better, lol i got IE7

RE: RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by lrac522 on 03-04-2006 at 06:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by shadowdevil

I tried IE7 but realized that I got an error when tried to open my contact conversation history log so I had to uninstall. Thought is was great otherwise.
RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by John Anderton on 03-04-2006 at 06:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by shadowdevil
You know IE beta 7 is still a bit off FF in terms of looks and customisations

You can add themes, extentions and scripts (with the help of greesemonkey)

As i see it, its a lot better than IE :P

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
1) IE starts with the OS
2) Firefox renders itself.....
Exactly (Y)
RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by guanako on 03-04-2006 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
I tried IE7 but realized that I got an error when tried to open my contact conversation history log so I had to uninstall. Thought is was great otherwise.
you could have fix that by changin the path where the chat logs were stored, to a path with no spacces in it.
RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by absorbation on 03-04-2006 at 05:59 PM

No browser is "better" in the end it is down to personal experience :P

RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by K.Rishi on 03-04-2006 at 06:09 PM

IE 7 would be a big hit if they could make it more customizable like firefox... for now.. my vote goes to firefox :)

RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by absorbation on 03-04-2006 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by K.Rishi
IE 7 would be a big hit if they could make it more customizable like firefox... for now.. my vote goes to firefox :)

Microsoft will force it to be a big hit. Alot of Microsoft's programs require IE to work e.g MSN Messenger :P
RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by Kryptonate on 03-04-2006 at 06:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
quote:

Microsoft will force it to be a big hit. Alot of Microsoft's programs require IE to work e.g MSN Messenger :P
That's already the case now and yet IE is losing grounds. The new IE won't make any difference unless they can provide new things that FF doesn't have. Making people install the new IE just because of those programs isn't a reason why it will be a big hit.
Personally I dislike IE7 Beta when it comes to the GUI. I just think that GUI belongs in Win XP.
RE: RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by lrac522 on 03-04-2006 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
you could have fix that by changin the path where the chat logs were stored, to a path with no spacces in it.

I re-installed IE7 but I am still experiencing the below blunder even though I tried correcting it by going to Tools, Options, Messages then Message History Change. Where did I go wrong? Thanx

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Carl/My Docum...

RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by Sunshine on 03-04-2006 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Carl/My Docum...
If the path to the chatlogs is C:/Documents and Settings/Carl/My Docum...
then there are still spaces in it otherwise it would say: C:/DocumentsAndSettings/Carl/MyDocuments....

Make a subfolder in the root to save chatlogs f.e. C:/Chatlogs

;)

quote:
OMG! It worked magnificently, sorry I am not at liberty to give you a reputation score for your awe-inspiring assistance. Thanx.(y)
You're welcome :D

I can see you're happy it's working now, that's a helper's biggest reward ;)

RE: RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by lrac522 on 03-04-2006 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Carl/My Docum...
If the path to the chatlogs is C:/Documents and Settings/Carl/My Docum...
then there are still spaces in it otherwise it would say: C:/DocumentsAndSettings/Carl/MyDocuments....

Make a subfolder in the root to save chatlogs f.e. C:/Chatlogs

;)

OMG! It worked magnificently, sorry I am not at liberty to give you a reputation score for your awe-inspiring assistance. Thanx.(Y)
RE: Firefox vs IE 6 by -dt- on 03-05-2006 at 12:34 AM

quote:
IE 7 would be a big hit if they could make it more customizable like firefox... for now.. my vote goes to firefox [Image: msn_happy.gif]
or if they implimented alot of new web features that other browsers have had for ages.... like e4x , canvas , xPaths , javascript 1.5 atleast they should of added addEventListener insted of their complex IE only event listener.

all they really did is change the gui , add feeds and hope people "take the bait" (yes i know they added a few css fixes aswell but pffft they could have done that in a small bugfix.... )

what i recommend people use is either Firefox or Opera .