Shoutbox

Cant Change Nickname - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Cant Change Nickname (/showthread.php?tid=56447)

Cant Change Nickname by Eddie on 03-04-2006 at 08:49 AM

On Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0566 i go to change my nickname like you would always do, and i click apply close the personal settings page but my nickname still hasnt changed and remains to be the same as it was before, this occurs with both my nickname and personal message, any ideas anyone?? :)

RE: Cant Change Nickname by kittymew on 03-04-2006 at 10:16 AM

Do you have an error message below your name in the main WLM window that says something like"some changes you make will not take effect as there are problems with your connection."?

Or "some changes you may make to your contact list may not take effect  on other computers "

(sorry cannot exactly remember the correct wording of the error messages)..but I have had similiar problems trying to make changes to my contact list or settings such as name,message,security settings etc ...sometimes they work and sometimes they dont..i just perservere and try again next time I log on

RE: Cant Change Nickname by Reaper on 03-04-2006 at 11:09 AM

that kind of thing happens to me sometimes. it is liekly that the servers  may be down and cannot update your PM or nickname. try in a few hours and maybe even less, and see what happens

RE: Cant Change Nickname by Eddie on 03-04-2006 at 11:15 AM

Thanks Both :)