Shoutbox

A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! (/showthread.php?tid=56465)

A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by simsgenius on 03-04-2006 at 11:53 PM

I tested this out a few times with a friend earlier. What you do is you go to someone who is offline who you think blocked you. Send them a message saying whatever you want. Then wait about 10 seconds and if a message pops up saying:

This message was not sent because Offline Instant Messaging is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

then this means they've blocked you. I have tried it a few times so I'm pretty sure this works (i also tried it without blocking so the excuse isn't true).

If this doesn't pop up then they havn't blocked you. I have a few people to apologise to for not believing they had computer problems now and 1 or 2 people to shout at for pretending to have computer problems lol.

Thanks for reading and if you don't believe me, try it (just don't let microsoft find out ;) ).

RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by Stigmata on 03-04-2006 at 11:59 PM

Cannot confirm.

Never recieved the message:
  This message was not sent because Offline Instant Messaging is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by guanako on 03-05-2006 at 12:01 AM

are you a manage beta tester? if you think this a bug you should report this then. seems not prove here aither.

RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by simsgenius on 03-05-2006 at 12:03 AM

i am an invitee.

i do realise this could backfire (about 1/5 of my list (which has over 200 people on) is currently blocked lol) so i'll report it. How do i do it? on the official msn site?

RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by ShawnZ on 03-05-2006 at 12:06 AM

can't confirm.

RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by GiantSpider on 03-05-2006 at 12:22 AM

Can't confirm. If your a Invitee then you can't report bugs.

RE: RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by MattyRid on 03-05-2006 at 04:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
If your a Invitee then you can't report bugs.

you could by going Help -> Send Feedback. That's how I've been reporting the bugs I'm finding. I've noticed that they reply within 48 hours.
RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by haydos on 03-05-2006 at 04:16 AM

I tried but couldn't replicate this error. What version of Windows Live Messenger are you usings simsgenius?

RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by NiteMare on 03-05-2006 at 04:43 AM

i can't confirm it eather

RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by Pyroteq on 03-05-2006 at 09:53 AM

I cant confirm either.

RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by dannychen on 03-05-2006 at 05:13 PM

I cant confirm either.

RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by GiantSpider on 03-05-2006 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheItalianStallion
you could by going Help -> Send Feedback. That's how I've been reporting the bugs I'm finding. I've noticed that they reply within 48 hours.

In total honesty I didn't know that.
RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by RebelSean on 03-05-2006 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Can't confirm. If your a Invitee then you can't report bugs.

Yes you can 8-).

http://feedback.live.com/eform.aspx?productkey=wl...enger&locale=en-us

I can't confirm this either.
RE: A way to see if you've been blocked in wlm!!! by LittleK on 03-07-2006 at 07:55 PM

I tried it and got the message, yet i know for a fact i havent blocked myself using windows messenger. Tried it a few times with different offline contacts, was about 50/50 but i still dont believe.

Sorry.