Shoutbox

[SUGESTION] Come back msg manager - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager (/showthread.php?tid=56471)

[SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by Lou on 03-05-2006 at 05:08 AM

I think Patchou should include a come back message manager.

You start the window, and it lists which contact (by either name, or email) that you have set a come-back message for. You can add/edit/delete come-back messages from everyone on your contact list.

This would make setting multiple come back messages a breeze.

RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by qgroessl on 03-05-2006 at 05:19 AM

It would also help then if you talked to the person over the fone about it or something and you'd be able to find the contact much easier to delete the message.... I'd use it!

RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by NiteMare on 03-05-2006 at 09:03 AM

i'd use it, you should also be able to set multiple away messages as in 1 messages for everyone in a group, or selected contacts, and you should be able to remove all comeback messages with one click

RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by CookieRevised on 03-05-2006 at 09:25 AM

I'd like such a thing...

usefull, strait forward, lots of possebilities, not too difficult to implement, etc... (y)

------

PS: If Patchou would reveal the hash method used for storing contact passports in the registry, you could make something like this yourself as come-back messages are stored under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<your_passport>\Contacts

RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by NiteMare on 03-05-2006 at 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
PS: If Patchou would reveal the hash method used for storing contact passports in the registry, you could make something like this yourself as come-back messages are stored under

i'm too lazy let patchou do it, once plus! live is working and bug free of course, :)
RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by matty on 03-05-2006 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
He wont release it but the next Plugin Infastructure will give you access to everything Plus! has access to including these settings. Thatd what he told me.
RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by Menthix on 03-05-2006 at 02:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
You can add/edit/delete come-back messages from everyone on your contact list.
Setting them per group will be sweet too.
RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by Matti on 03-05-2006 at 06:24 PM

And what about selecting multiple contacts in the manager with the Ctrl key and adding a message for them all? :)
* Matti would love this feature! :D

RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by John Anderton on 03-05-2006 at 06:27 PM

I prefer to do it myself. Sorry :P
And i use my away/busy status for that so i wouldnt use it :)

RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by Patchou on 03-05-2006 at 06:37 PM

As you can send offline messages with Windows Live Messenger, the come-back message feature will not be added in the next version of Messenger Plus!, sorry :).

RE: RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by Matti on 03-05-2006 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I prefer to do it myself. Sorry :P
And i use my away/busy status for that so i wouldnt use it :)

But that only shows up when someone starts a chat with you. This feature would set a come-back message for every selected contact, which is totally different then the PS filter. ;)
RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by Lou on 03-06-2006 at 04:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
As you can send offline messages with Windows Live Messenger, the come-back message feature will not be added in the next version of Messenger Plus!, sorry :).
You could still make a feature where we can manage them and etc already stated in this thread, right?:)
RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by qgroessl on 03-06-2006 at 04:10 AM

If he's not going to put come-back messages in the next plus... what would there be for it to manage?

RE: RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by CookieRevised on 03-06-2006 at 10:58 AM

quote:
Too bad, but understandable...

Reason being that the offline messages work in a slithly, yet important, different way. In other words, some might gonna miss the come-back message (also what about those who can't read offline messages? eg: 6.2 users).

But nevertheless (and to answer groessl35), even if the come-back messages are gone for good, somebody can still make a plugin for it (or script?). To implement and manage the come-back messages in a plugin would be relative easy: all you need to check for is when someone comes online (which I assume would be available somehow in the new API? and even then there are ways...) while you are online, and you have the exact same system as before...
RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by Lou on 03-06-2006 at 03:41 PM

Which brings me to say, wouldn't he be able to make something to manage the integrated offline messages?

RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by Matti on 03-06-2006 at 06:05 PM

I agree with lou_habs.

My idea was to let the user choose if he/she wants to (only) show/hide offline recieved messages in the chatlogs. Some contacts could actually spam you with offline messages and that would be really annoying when you're searching something in your logs.

RE: RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by CookieRevised on 03-06-2006 at 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
Which brings me to say, wouldn't he be able to make something to manage the integrated offline messages?
No... offline messages are not stored on your PC, they are stored on MSN servers...

Offline messages and come-back messages are two different things and work completely different (although the use is almost the same).
RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by Patchou on 03-06-2006 at 07:50 PM

Yep Cookie, you can do a script in the new Plus! to completely mimic the old come-back message feature and create what was suggested in the first posts of this thread.

I agree such kind of feature could be useful but adding it for Windows Live Messenger would confuse most users.

RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by NiteMare on 03-06-2006 at 07:54 PM

quote:
to completely mimic the old come-back message feature

you mean it won't be in plus! live?

RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by Tochjo on 03-06-2006 at 08:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
to completely mimic the old come-back message feature

you mean it won't be in plus! live?
quote:

RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by Supersonicdarky on 03-06-2006 at 09:01 PM

well maybe some things could be added to the wlm come back messages (to not completely abandon the feature)

since in wlm the messages are in black, plus can make them the color that it was the last time the person was online? (i dont know if emoticons show in comebak messages)

RE: [SUGESTION] Come back msg manager by Primexx on 03-07-2006 at 01:30 AM

wouldent it be possible to make such a manager for the offline messagine feature?

and also it'd be great if you can make WLM open up a conversation window with your offline message when your contact opens it.