Shoutbox

Bording School - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Bording School (/showthread.php?tid=56526)

Bording School by Nathan on 03-06-2006 at 04:21 PM

Yep yet another problem with my mum and dad...
My dad keeps on threatining to send my to bording school, and it looks like he is now.
Well I dont want to go, I'm happy were i am!
I'm asking if any of you lot go there and is it good??? I am meaning a Weekly border.
Also I'd like to know is there any way I could persuade them to not make me go?
Thanks

RE: Bording School by Veggie on 03-06-2006 at 04:29 PM

be nice?

RE: Bording School by user27089 on 03-06-2006 at 04:34 PM

You could persuade them by phoning up the nspcc? :p.

RE: Bording School by Nathan on 03-06-2006 at 04:35 PM

I am trying to,
I'm suggesting this...
My dad hates pc's and he hates it when i'm on here so i'm suggesting to not go on the pc for a bit and only go on for 10mins at a time if i do go on!

RE: Bording School by GiantSpider on 03-06-2006 at 04:37 PM

Of course t'other sugestion is just not to go. Your parents really are limited in what they can do without breeching child protection laws.

RE: Bording School by Nathan on 03-06-2006 at 04:39 PM

I've threatened to skive all lessons and run away. But I live in neston and the bording school is in shrewsbury (look it up on a map :P)
And i've also said that i wouldnt do any work at all!!!

RE: Bording School by user27089 on 03-06-2006 at 04:40 PM

How about you say you'll go to bording school, cause tbh, it will cost them like £7000 a year to send you anyway? :p.

RE: Bording School by M73A on 03-06-2006 at 04:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Msg Plus Freak
I've threatened to skive all lessons and run away. But I live in neston and the bording school is in shrewsbury (look it up on a map :P)

what they gonna do if you dont do work... stop you from going home ... aka detention.. oh wait, u'd be staying there :dodgy:

RE: Bording School by Nathan on 03-06-2006 at 04:41 PM

I no what a waste :P
If i eventually do go then i will ask for a pda to take as a leaving prezzie :D :cheesy: :P

RE: RE: Bording School by GiantSpider on 03-06-2006 at 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Msg Plus Freak

No I ment just literally not go.
RE: Bording School by Kryptonate on 03-06-2006 at 04:48 PM

The only thing you will achieve with quiting lessons, running away or anything else of these things is that they will try to tighten the freedom you have.
If you don't want to go just tell them and talk about it with them. They will respect you more and might give you a bit more freedom because of this.
Also, you're only 13. Your parents will know what's best for you. If you disagree talk to them about it like I already said, but don't do anything stupid. You won't accomplish anything good with it.

RE: Bording School by M73A on 03-06-2006 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
No I ment just literally not go.

id get them to give me a lift there.. then once getting there just get out and walk in the opposite direction of the place....
RE: Bording School by GiantSpider on 03-06-2006 at 04:53 PM

1. This of course is a last resort
  2. That wouldn't work, he lives too far away
  3. Putting your foot down could also earn you respect for knowing what you want in life. It would backfire if talking hadn't been used forst though.

RE: Bording School by Anubis on 03-06-2006 at 04:55 PM

Doing dumb stuff will not accomplish anything. Kryptonate is correct, ask them why they want you to go, tell them you don't want to, don't get cocky and threaten them with skiving off. Look sad and slightly scared (don't overdo it, just sound a little nervous and upset).

Just tell them openly you don't want to go, you're happy where you are, that by sending you there's a chance that you won't settle and that your education could be compromised. Also try and stay level headed when talking to them, keep your argument logical, and try and show them how their choice is illogical.

If they say you have to go, I would accept it, however I also suggest that you stay quiet and nervous for a while, keep laying hints about how you don’t want to go.

RE: Bording School by Adeptus on 03-06-2006 at 05:10 PM

I think the most valid argument you can use, for now, is that there's only 3 months left in the school year (assuming you are on a typical school year) and that you don't want to change schools in the middle of it.   

Middle of the year school changes have all sorts of downsides -- your grades could suffer if the new school is ahead in the material, it is easier to fit in and make friends when you are not the only new guy.  Whether that will be enough to change the plans of your parents or not I can't say, but at least those are issues they should recognize as real.  Threats to run away or not study wouldn't be.  :)

If they accept that now, then you are "safe" for the next six months, which is a lot of time.  Much could change by then.

If you end up having to go, I think there is a good possibility you will find that you like it much better than it seems now.

RE: Bording School by K.Rishi on 03-06-2006 at 05:11 PM

Other than the uniforms.. and the homo guys i've kept hearing about.. plus the bad caf food... baah.. its not that bad after all!! LOL.. i'm just joking... you never know until you try it... i suppose it wouldn't be the same as your old school.. but think about the bright side :p (if there is any *ahem*) you'd probably be getting a better education!! LOL :D

RE: Bording School by mwe99 on 03-06-2006 at 05:16 PM

To be honest, its probably just an empty threat; however, to avoid causing anymore disagreements or arguing; I would suggest you follow your parents guidelines about the usage.

RE: Bording School by Nathan on 03-06-2006 at 05:26 PM

Believe me mwe99 it's not an empty threat.

RE: Bording School by user27089 on 03-06-2006 at 05:27 PM

So then, just do as they say, and you won't get sent.

RE: Bording School by Negro_Joe on 03-06-2006 at 06:03 PM

Duct tape your self to the roof...:)

RE: Bording School by absorbation on 03-06-2006 at 06:49 PM

Is boarding school really that bad? I think it is an empty threat anyway :P

RE: Bording School by saralk on 03-06-2006 at 08:37 PM

what is the boarding school called? My friend went to one in Shrewsberry.

If you want one nearer to home, Hammond School is quite near you, and its near me aswell

RE: Bording School by Max on 03-06-2006 at 08:56 PM

Yes yes, your bored in school aren't we all?

RE: Bording School by Voldemort on 03-06-2006 at 09:39 PM

damn... what are they like... never been to one?
tell me ignorant or whatever but if they are like harry potters i would go without a second thought.

offtopic :
600th post :cownana:

RE: Bording School by LittleK on 03-07-2006 at 07:48 PM

I dont think theyll end up sending you. My moms threatened to kick me out many a time but im still at home

* LittleK touches wood

Just say your sorry, and say "Ok" to everything they have to say, works with me :P

RE: Bording School by user27089 on 03-07-2006 at 07:49 PM

I still like Joe's solution :p.

I am trying to reinforce this btw, they're not going to send you. If they moan at you for spending money or anything, then they're being hypocritical, cause they'll have to spend a hell of a lot of money to send you to boarding school.

Also, surely going to a boarding school may be a good thing, you're taught really well there, and you'll probably do well in your GCSEs :p.

RE: Bording School by Nathan on 03-07-2006 at 07:50 PM

Nope I am defiantly going now, In easter :@
I've seen the forms and everything :'(
1 week at a time of not comign on here :( :P

RE: Bording School by user27089 on 03-07-2006 at 07:52 PM

Chances are that the boarding school will have computers that you can use to come on here anyway :p.

RE: Bording School by Nathan on 03-07-2006 at 07:55 PM

:p any free time i get i'll be stright on here :P

RE: RE: Bording School by Snake on 03-07-2006 at 10:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
Duct tape your self to the roof...:)

ROFL. Not even going to ask where you came up with that.

RE: Bording School by tomfletcherman on 03-12-2006 at 09:33 PM

Has no one seen the picture?

http://www.pdxlan.com/community/e107_plugins/copp...mal_owned-wall.jpg

Not the right one, the right one is of a LAN with no floor space so he is on the ceiling with his monitor stuck up there too.

RE: Bording School by Negro_Joe on 03-12-2006 at 09:56 PM

:lol:

:spam:

RE: Bording School by NiteMare on 03-12-2006 at 10:08 PM

my parents can't make me do anything, your parents have no control over that, to sent you away they would have to have your permission, other wise, what the hell are tehy going to do if you refuse to get in the car/train/plane, force you, that would be child assult:P

RE: RE: Bording School by CookieRevised on 03-12-2006 at 10:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
my parents can't make me do anything,  (...)
Because you're 18. And in many countries that is being adult.

quote:
(...) your parents have no control over that, to sent you away they would have to have your permission, other wise, what the hell are tehy going to do if you refuse to get in the car/train/plane, force you, that would be child assult:P

He's 13... His parents can force him to do anything without his permission (within common sense of course :dodgy:).

As long as he isn't an adult, his parent do not need his permission. On the contrary, he needs his parents permission to do stuff.

When it comes down to it, he hasn't much to say in decision making. Parents still have guardian (or whatever the proper English terms are) over their non-adult children.

Thus no, forcing him into the car/train/plane would not be child assult at all (unless they use a heated rod).
RE: Bording School by mwe99 on 03-12-2006 at 11:13 PM

well tbh if any UK staff see any type of confrontation between adults and children they will and can have the power to prevent you from travelling and will let child protection people know and they will investigate.

RE: Bording School by Voldemort on 03-12-2006 at 11:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
heated rod

:lol:
RE: Bording School by NiteMare on 03-12-2006 at 11:34 PM

quote:
Thus no, forcing him into the car/train/plane would not be child assult at all (unless they use a heated rod).

actualy child assult cases have been won over events involving far less force
RE: RE: Bording School by CookieRevised on 03-12-2006 at 11:58 PM

quote:
quote:
actualy child assult cases have been won over events involving far less force
the "force" inflicted is not the only determination in such cases. And I'm sure that the cases you talk about were about much more than putting your child on a train every week to go to bording school.

I don't see any reason at all for a judge to rule against parents, parents who are otherwise perfectly normal parents, which put their child on a bording school because they think it is the best for their child... all just because the child doesn't like it....

What's next then? Putting parents in jail because they let a child eat spinach? As far as I know all this is call education and growing up though... I bet a judge will rule the same.

Unless, of course, there is more to it like child neglection, abuse and what not...
RE: Bording School by NiteMare on 03-13-2006 at 12:00 AM

quote:
the "force" inflicted is not the only determination in such cases. And I'm sure that the cases you talk about were about much more than putting your child on a train every week to go to bording school.
i still say parents shouldn't be allowed to force you to do anything, its age discrimination, we should rise up and revolt agenst the grown up, whos with me
RE: Bording School by Voldemort on 03-13-2006 at 12:02 AM

nitemare?
you are legal?

RE: Bording School by NiteMare on 03-13-2006 at 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bto
nitemare?
you are legal?
age of magority in New Brunswick is 19
RE: Bording School by Voldemort on 03-13-2006 at 03:12 AM

quote:

Oh, the common agres are :P 18 - 21
RE: Bording School by NiteMare on 03-13-2006 at 03:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bto
quote:

Oh, the common agres are :P 18 - 21
yeah i was of age in ontario for about a month, then we moved here:dodgy:

RE: Bording School by Voldemort on 03-13-2006 at 03:22 AM

quote:
eah i was of age in ontario for about a month, then we moved here

lol so you drank there?
i will like to be able to drink legally.
RE: Bording School by NiteMare on 03-13-2006 at 05:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bto
quote:
eah i was of age in ontario for about a month, then we moved here

lol so you drank there?
i will like to be able to drink legally.
no the age for drinking and smoking was 19 and IS 19, but everything else was 18, like i was able to buy lotto tickets
RE: Bording School by Nathan on 03-23-2006 at 10:17 AM

Sorry for bringing back a old thread but...
I went to see the Bording school yesterday, It wasa ok but they are dedicated to sprts mostly+ They have a amazing PC's.
But the best bit is they have wireless internet alround the school :o:o
So mum and dad are going to get me a sony viao laptop :banana:
Can't wait but I will miss my friends :(

RE: Bording School by Pyroteq on 03-23-2006 at 01:20 PM

how about get good grades at wherever you are now, and if you just cant do that..then fake them.

RE: Bording School by Fanta on 03-23-2006 at 02:26 PM

I admit I'm terribly old compared to some of you, but do you realise school is important for your future, Scone?  Oh yes it might be sucky to have little free time, have to study a lot, are forced to attend school and take classes you might not like.. big deal, all of us are or were in the same boat you know. But it will enable you to persue the future you want, will enable you to get  a better job, with better payments. It's an investment in the rest of your life. You can have fun with your friends for years and years to come but those few years you spend in school compared to the rest of your life deserve a little more attention then faking grades. Besides the fact you shouldn't lie to your parents anyway. 8-)

Bording school doesn't seem too bad, and you'll easily make new friends while you can still keep in contact with your old friends. If it will help you to do better in school, it's definitely worth it.

RE: Bording School by Pyroteq on 03-24-2006 at 02:11 AM

I never said i did it :p i was giving him easy suggestions that are better than just not going to school at all.

RE: Bording School by Voldemort on 03-24-2006 at 04:05 AM

And you thought it was bad....
seems really good, besides, stay in contact with messenger :P
i would go :P