Shoutbox

Ipod Mini Help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Ipod Mini Help (/showthread.php?tid=56539)

Ipod Mini Help by lezomolee on 03-07-2006 at 01:10 AM

I need some major help with my ipod. It's stuck on the apple screen. I've tried everything on the apple website and nothing has worked. I've restarted a billion times and it won't go into disk mode. My computer also doesn't recognize it either. I've reinstalled all my programs and restarted my computer...nothing is working! HELP!

RE: Ipod Mini Help by [MR] on 03-07-2006 at 02:32 AM

recharge it perhaps?

RE: Ipod Mini Help by matty on 03-07-2006 at 02:49 AM

Reset the iPod holding menu and select. Once the screen turns off your iPod will reboot and show you an Apple logo again. Now when the iPod screen is blank you want to hold the Previous and the Select buttons. This should take the iPod to its Diagnostics. This may take a bit because of the issue your having. Reply back here if you can get into the Diagnostics. If you cant there is a slim chance the iPod is going to cease to function. But I would suggest trying the Disk Mode again.

RE: Ipod Mini Help by lezomolee on 03-07-2006 at 09:36 PM

Okay, I plug it in and it won't get recognized by the computer. and what previous button are you talking about matty? I'll try again to see...

RE: Ipod Mini Help by lezomolee on 03-07-2006 at 09:39 PM

OH MY! It went to the diagnosis and now what do I do?

RE: Ipod Mini Help by matty on 03-07-2006 at 09:42 PM

There should be Disk Mode in the list if not look for reset. Scroll down to it and press select then immediately start holding Play and Select.

RE: Ipod Mini Help by lezomolee on 03-07-2006 at 09:50 PM

do you know where it is under? b/c when I go to reset it's the same apple screen that won't change as before...okay now it's just blank when I hit disk mode buttons...should I just let it start recharging?

RE: Ipod Mini Help by matty on 03-07-2006 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lezomolee
do you know where it is under? b/c when I go to reset it's the same apple screen that won't change as before...okay now it's just blank when I hit disk mode buttons...should I just let it start recharging?
No its not actually charging if its off.

Do you know anyone with an iPod 20/40 GB or an iPod photo that you can borrow their AC Adapter to try and boot  your iPod up into Disk Mode.
RE: Ipod Mini Help by lezomolee on 03-07-2006 at 10:28 PM

so I should use their plug in cable to try and put into disk mode...won't it go straight to charging?

RE: Ipod Mini Help by matty on 03-07-2006 at 10:33 PM

quote:
so I should use their plug in cable to try and put into disk mode...won't it go straight to charging?
Well you want to try and use their wall adapter to power it on let it charge for a couple hours then try and restore it on your computer.
RE: Ipod Mini Help by lezomolee on 03-07-2006 at 10:33 PM

okay, so I have a plug in now...so just give it like 3 hours and then try? thanks so much for everything right now!

RE: Ipod Mini Help by matty on 03-07-2006 at 10:35 PM

quote:
okay, so I have a plug in now...it's showing no improvement? any other ideas?
And your holding Menu and Select to reset it?
RE: Ipod Mini Help by lezomolee on 03-07-2006 at 10:38 PM

yes, I'll  let the battery get up to like 400? do you think that's good?

RE: Ipod Mini Help by matty on 03-07-2006 at 10:40 PM

quote:
yes, I'll  let the battery get up to like 400? do you think that's good?

WHat do you mean?

Let the battery charge enough so if you disconnect it, it will stay on.
RE: Ipod Mini Help by lezomolee on 03-07-2006 at 10:42 PM

oh sorry, in the diagnosis it checks power and mine was around 150 and is going up-battery life I'm assuming. Again thanks so much!

RE: Ipod Mini Help by lezomolee on 03-08-2006 at 01:28 AM

I have nothing, Should I give it more time? It's been charging for about 2 hours and it is still on the apple screen...

RE: Ipod Mini Help by matty on 03-08-2006 at 03:54 PM

quote:
I have nothing, Should I give it more time? It's been charging for about 2 hours and it is still on the apple screen...
Sorry to say but sounds like its defective.
RE: Ipod Mini Help by lezomolee on 03-08-2006 at 08:46 PM

that's what I'm thinking too, but thanks for all the help matty