Shoutbox

Chat log folders - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Chat log folders (/showthread.php?tid=56581)

Chat log folders by kierant on 03-08-2006 at 05:10 AM

IS there a setting to catalogue chat logs into years?

What I mean is that at the end of each calendar year, a folder is created with all twelve months' folders. So all January 2004 - December 2004 will be put into a folder 2004. (for example)

I can easily do this myself obviously but was curiosu if it could be automated.

Note: If I did reorganise my current logs in this way - by moving them into individual years, would this affect the way they work in any way? Such as when in a chat window and selecting the option to view that contact's logs...?

RE: Chat log folders by _Humphreys on 03-08-2006 at 08:35 AM

I do believe that it will indeed sort all of your contacts into one folder e.g. all of 2005 in '2005'.

However, if it doesn't it wouldn't harm plus! if you sorted them into folders yoursef.

RE: Chat log folders by CookieRevised on 03-09-2006 at 12:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kierant
IS there a setting to catalogue chat logs into years?
Not as in:
...\2004\September
...\2004\October
...\2005\September
...\2005\November
etc...

or
...\2004
...\2005
...\2006
etc...

quote:
I can easily do this myself obviously but was curiosu if it could be automated.
Not directly in Plus as this option doesn't exist (to alter in detail how archiving by date saves files)...

But ofcourse you can write a bacth file, program, addin, plugin, etc for it which resorts all your existing logs into this new way though...

quote:
Note: If I did reorganise my current logs in this way - by moving them into individual years, would this affect the way they work in any way? Such as when in a chat window and selecting the option to view that contact's logs...?
yes!

Plus! will not find them as it will look in the default/expected folders, not in the new (sub)folders you've created...
RE: Chat log folders by kierant on 03-09-2006 at 01:05 AM

OK thanks. I was just curious as my chat log folder dates back to 2002 and it would be nice to reduce the 50+ folders (which looks cluttered) and organise them slightly better. Not a big problem though..