Shoutbox

how do i get bold, underline and itilacs in my name? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: how do i get bold, underline and itilacs in my name? (/showthread.php?tid=56612)

how do i get bold, underline and itilacs in my name? by vraimentchic on 03-08-2006 at 10:09 PM

God, i really need help with this. ha. I can put colour in my name. but is even possible to put like bold and underline and itilac and stuff? If so how? HELPP. PLEASE POST!

RE: how do i get bold, underline and itilacs in my name? by user27089 on 03-08-2006 at 10:13 PM

Yeah, use the same method as the coloured names (/nick ctrl+k nickname etc.), but where you want bold, underlined, striked through or italics, press "ctrl+r" for the formatting options :).

RE: how do i get bold, underline and itilacs in my name? by vraimentchic on 03-08-2006 at 10:15 PM

so all i do is the square thingy in my name? like say i wanted my name to say i love you chris...          would i have to do the little squares?

RE: how do i get bold, underline and itilacs in my name? by RaceProUK on 03-09-2006 at 01:09 AM

If you mean using the bold, italic etc, then yes.

RE: how do i get bold, underline and itilacs in my name? by Hustler on 03-11-2006 at 05:38 PM

Put the codes at the beginin of ur name for ALL of ur name, or put it b4 wer u want the style 2 start!

We all kno 2 get ur name in colour u put ·$12  (or the number u want, press ctrl + K to get the colour box)

to get ur name bold use               ·#

to get ur name italic use              ·&

to get ur name underlined use       ·@

to get ur name striked out use       ·'

Make sure u COPY the code bcoz the · is a special character!

RE: how do i get bold, underline and itilacs in my name? by qgroessl on 03-11-2006 at 05:41 PM

It is MUCH easier to do it the way mention earlier in the thread with ctrl+r.... We answered his question... and he is satisfied... don't bring back old threads with your way of doing this because the way mentioned above is much easier once you memorize that it's ctrl+r...

RE: RE: how do i get bold, underline and itilacs in my name? by CookieRevised on 03-11-2006 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hustler
Put the codes at the beginin of ur name for ALL of ur name, or put it b4 wer u want the style 2 start!
It is appreciated that you try to help, but please stop advising people to use those codes and that way to make colors. (not to metion reviving old threads in which an appropiate answer was already given).

It is NOT an easier method, it is NOT the recommended method, and it WILL confuse people even more. It will teach people wrong/improper ways of doing stuff. Teach them how to use commands instead...

At the least provide them with the proper link to the OFFICIAL tutorial:
http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=contactlist-colors

Also do a search on the forums, it has tons and tons of threads about this very same question. No need to start explaining it again (in the wrong way).
RE: how do i get bold, underline and itilacs in my name? by matty on 03-11-2006 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
(not to metion reviving old threads in which an appropiate answer was already given).
Don't be too harsh cook, the thread was from 3 days ago...