Shoutbox

Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) (/showthread.php?tid=56633)

Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by NanoChromatic on 03-09-2006 at 06:28 PM

Hi All

Why isnt there a udate for msn messenger 8.0 (windows live beta)
its out now...as i have but i want Messenger Plus for it..but i need the update.. so please can you update Messenger Plus for msn messenger 8.0  :D

From Kieran J (KEZZA)

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by user27089 on 03-09-2006 at 06:35 PM

Messenger Plus! Live is still in the early beta stages and hasn't even been released to testers yet. So Messenger Plus! Live will (hopefully) be released when Windows Live Messenger Final is released, as WLM is currently in the beta stages, and still very buggy.

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by NanoChromatic on 03-09-2006 at 07:54 PM

yeas but windows messenger beta is out look http://www3.imagine-msn.com/minisites/messenger/d....aspx?locale=en-gb
then sign up..soon you should get an ivitaion and accept in then download msn messenger (8.0)

RE: RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Vilkku on 03-09-2006 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KieranJ2006
yeas but windows messenger beta is out look http://www3.imagine-msn.com/minisites/messenger/d....aspx?locale=en-gb
then sign up..soon you should get an ivitaion and accept in then download msn messenger (8.0)

Messenger Plus! Live will be released when WLM is no longer in beta.
RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Kryptonate on 03-09-2006 at 07:58 PM

As you said yourself, the BETA for Windows Live Messenger is out. Traxor said there will be a Messenger Plus! Live released when Windows Live Messenger is no longer in beta but a final. That might take some months.

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by NanoChromatic on 03-09-2006 at 08:00 PM

yes but why would they still release if it is still a beta
and a full version to.....?

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Weyzza on 03-09-2006 at 08:10 PM

One could say that it's a cheap way to test a product.

WLM is a product that will be used by tens of millions of people.
Finding bugs in a small group (i.e. Messenger developer team in Microsoft) would be an enermous task.

So, they decided to release a beta version to see people's reactions about the beta, get feedback and bugs submitted by WLM beta users.
In fact, some people are obsessive with beta (read: buggy) products.

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by NanoChromatic on 03-09-2006 at 08:13 PM

i have tested it like..personally i fink its SH** without Messenger Plus!
i dont see why microsoft would realease instead of realesing when its complete...the bastar**- there just tryna bug our pcs!

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Chestah on 03-09-2006 at 08:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KieranJ2006
yes but why would they still release if it is still a beta
and a full version to.....?

What they have released to the public is essentially a "Public Beta" - all members of the public can access it, however it is still in the beta stages. When you go to the main download sites for Messenger (http://messenger.msn.com) you'll find that MSN Messenger 7.5 is still the primary download as it is the latest official release.

Patchou will update to support WLM8 once it is finally released and that is also providing Messenger Plus! Live is finished. Due to the nature of this new version it may not be released immeadiately after it WLM is released officially (but this depends however on how soon Microsoft release it).
RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by NanoChromatic on 03-09-2006 at 08:21 PM

ok, i uderstand but i dont understand microsoft askin the public for the views on "WLM" Wht do u think they have fuc**** TESTERS!

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Kryptonate on 03-09-2006 at 09:26 PM

Microsoft doesn't force people to use the new WLM beta. They just make it possible for the public to view what's coming next.

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by user27089 on 03-09-2006 at 09:28 PM

They have testers to find bugs.

Mate, take some prozac or something :p.

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by NiteMare on 03-09-2006 at 09:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare in your other thread

The reason why the public is used as testers is because of the scale of the testing, they can get millions of people trying different things, and situations that the MSN team might not ever even thing of trying, and see how the public reacts to changes they've made

Also there are billions of different software and hardware combinations that the MSN team can't test compatability for them selves. this is why MSN chooses to use the public in there tests(most of them).

During the beta stages, the previous final version, in this case MSN 7.5 is still avalible for download, and in this case, its recomended if you do not like WLM with out Plus! Live.

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by GiantSpider on 03-09-2006 at 09:45 PM

One of the main reasons they are letting the public use it is so they can test their server capacity.

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Sypher on 03-10-2006 at 08:07 AM

I (personally) think this topic has been discussed a couple too many times...

So for the record:

Messenger Plus for Windows Live Messenger will be released when WLM is final.. Not earlier, Not now... Patchou is working on it so stop asking for it!

Just my € 0,02 (or dollars, or pounds or whatever you like :P)
No flame intended, just informing...

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Menthix on 03-10-2006 at 08:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
stop saying Messenger Plus, it's not Messenger Plus, that's a service offered by Microsoft.. It's Messenger Plus!
* Menthix smells auto replacements... dodgy WDZ.

[noparse ]stop saying MSN Plus, it's not MSN Plus, that's a service offered by Microsoft.. It's Messenger Plus![/noparse ]

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by RaptorX on 03-11-2006 at 09:36 AM

Because Microsoft might change and add a few things in BETAs. So Patchou has change or add a few things for Messenger Plus Live!

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by guanako on 03-13-2006 at 01:16 AM

its gonna be long untill you see public WLM and MP!L. lets just sit bak and wait.

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Hank on 03-13-2006 at 02:05 AM

its gonna be long?  i dont think its going to be that long.

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by RebelSean on 03-13-2006 at 02:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal

You never know :).
RE: RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Hank on 03-13-2006 at 02:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:

You never know :).

true but as i thought there was only gonna be 1 More Beta released of WLM?
RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by RebelSean on 03-13-2006 at 02:14 AM

quote:

Where in the world did you hear that nonsense at :S?
RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by guanako on 03-13-2006 at 02:24 AM

the WLM beta phase should be at most 60% done.  but i dont think the realease its gonna be any time soon, it will probally b handed out on like late june maybe.

RE: RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Hank on 03-13-2006 at 02:36 AM

quote:
quote:

where, in the Newsgroups long time ago, i cant remember who said it though, all i remember it was one of the msn team members

quote:
Originally posted by guanako

the WLM beta phase should be at most 60% done.  but i dont think the realease its gonna be any time soon, it will probally b handed out on like late june maybe.
could be right,
RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by RebelSean on 03-13-2006 at 03:24 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

where, in the Newsgroups long time ago, i cant remember who said it though, all i remember it was one of the msn team members

quote:
Originally posted by guanako

could be right,

I've been following the newsgroups since the start, and I never recall seing that nor do other very active folks on the groups. Care to do me a favor and so some searching for me please?

I'm going to say that the release should be eminent in late Q2 or Q3 :).
RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Hank on 03-13-2006 at 04:05 AM

as i thought Rob.s said it, 

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by iceydamo on 03-14-2006 at 09:14 AM

this might have been asked but could Patchou make a patch for his current version of plus to run in the live beta.

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Hank on 03-14-2006 at 09:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by iceydamo

this might have been asked but could Patchou make a patch for his current version of plus to run in the live beta.

i somehow dont think he will do that,  just use other patches
RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by iceydamo on 03-14-2006 at 12:14 PM

wht other patches??

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by linx05 on 03-14-2006 at 12:45 PM

I think Animal misunderstood you. He thought you meant patches like A-Patch and Mess Patch. You will have to wait until the WLM version of Plus! is out. Just wait, have patience :). It is currently being tested.

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by Eminence on 03-14-2006 at 05:11 PM

Mhmm... I am really sad that there is not limited public beta for WLMplus!....Yeah using WLM since 2006-03-09 and now i miss some cool features of MSGPLUS!
If there is a possibility to get a prerelease of WLMplus! i'll be so happy, please i don't want to revert to 7.5 cause i use with my 20 invited friends the new shared-folders and don't want to miss it anymore... Well i think it is the best feature in the WLM8, you agree? Offline-Sending is not sooo significant feature, my 2 cents to the WLM8...

I could not understand why there is no free downloadable BETA of WLMplus!.
I believe that only people could use it, when they are invited to use the WLM8, so if you are  not you could not use the WLMplus!
Right?
Please let me know how to get the WLMplus!

...with kind regards
Eminence :)

RE: Windows Live Beta (msn 8.0) by NiteMare on 03-14-2006 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eminence
Mhmm... I am really sad that there is not limited public beta for WLMplus!....Yeah using WLM since 2006-03-09 and now i miss some cool features of MSGPLUS!
If there is a possibility to get a prerelease of WLMplus! i'll be so happy, please i don't want to revert to 7.5 cause i use with my 20 invited friends the new shared-folders and don't want to miss it anymore... Well i think it is the best feature in the WLM8, you agree? Offline-Sending is not sooo significant feature, my 2 cents to the WLM8...

I could not understand why there is no free downloadable BETA of WLMplus!.
I believe that only people could use it, when they are invited to use the WLM8, so if you are  not you could not use the WLMplus!
Right?
Please let me know how to get the WLMplus!

...with kind regards
Eminence :)

the reason msgplus! live is not out in final, in public beta, or even in a limited public beta, is because its simply not ready yet, patchou is still finishing it, its (i assume) much more buggy then WLM, if you were prevaliged to use it, it wouldn't be because you want the features, its because you want to find and report the bug. you would not be happy with it as it is now, because it would probualy be constantly crashing or messing up on you, untill all the bugs are worked out. as with any program. wlm was probualy in testing for MONTHS before you got it, privatly, before they annouced it

the best thing you can do is, sit tight with WLM untill msg plus! live is FINAL or downgrade to 7.5