Shoutbox

what are these!!! help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: what are these!!! help (/showthread.php?tid=56644)

what are these!!! help by hypa2sick on 03-10-2006 at 04:08 AM

these just turned up on my desktop and one of my folders

getfile.dat

x_dtrace_log

i think they have something to do with bitdefender anti virus when u update it.... i have deleted em...did i do the right thing? and ive got rid of bitdefender too..

RE: what are these!!! help by Hank on 03-10-2006 at 04:13 AM

a Virus by the sounds of it

RE: what are these!!! help by haydos on 03-10-2006 at 06:22 AM

I have had a look around on the net and it deffinately looks like it is something to do with bitdefender

Are you running version 8 or version 9 of bitdefender?

------------------------

Edit: If you are running v8 of bitdefender, follow the instructions below. They came direct from the bitdefender live support which is very helpful. If you have any future problems or if this post does not help you, I suggest you try the live support which you can access at http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Live-Assistance.html

bitdefender instructions

RE: what are these!!! help by Stigmata on 03-10-2006 at 07:30 AM

from my limit german...

it seems its a file used when bit defender is updated. Basically its a log file that is created/written when it updates. From what i gather, it can be safely deleted, and it will automatically be recreated next tiem bitdefender downloads the next update..

I guess just delete the update log.. or move it to the bit defender program files. And next time you go to update bitdefender, move the log back to your desktop :)

RE: what are these!!! help by RaceProUK on 03-10-2006 at 12:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
a Virus by the sounds of it
Based on what information? Most of the time files like that are temp files that a program hasn't cleaned up, in this case update files for an anti-virus.

Next time, do a bit of research before posting.
RE: what are these!!! help by Curtis on 03-10-2006 at 04:04 PM

I think you should ask before you deleat files.  It might screw up the computer.