Shoutbox

Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? (/showthread.php?tid=56663)

Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by Mike on 03-10-2006 at 07:06 PM

Hello...

Can anyone recommend a good program for ripping internet stations into MP3 files, with ID3 tags filled?

I tried StationRipper v2.33 however, the program is not so nice in the GUI, and I also had a problem when the song was changing...

So, can anyone recommend me a program that will record internet radios?

Please don't give me programs that record the sound from the sound card, or similar.
I would like a program that you enter the URL of the stream, and it would start saving the stream as MP3s.

RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by Nathan on 03-10-2006 at 07:30 PM

I have a couple that might help:
No.1
No.2 (seems what you want!)
Hope it helps ;)

RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by Mablung on 03-10-2006 at 07:41 PM

Screamer Radio :D

If you want the app to have the same look as your current XP theme, you can download this file: http://jowe.fcd.no/screamer/screamer_manifest.rar and put screamer.exe.manifest in C:\Program files\Screamer Radio\

RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by YourNeibour on 03-10-2006 at 08:44 PM

Try flashget. :D

RE: RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by rav0 on 03-10-2006 at 10:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mablung
(Y)
RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by Mike on 03-11-2006 at 07:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Msg Plus Freak
No.2 (seems what you want!)
Thanks, this seems good, however it's not free and ... let's say that "I can't find enough money to buy it" (if you know what I mean :P)

quote:
That looks good however, it seems that it can't record multiple streams... :(
Thanks anyway :)
quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
Try flashget. :D
Tried it, but it didn't work... :(
RE: RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by rav0 on 03-11-2006 at 07:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
That looks good however, it seems that it can't record multiple streams... :(
Yes it can, just start it again ;).
RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by John Anderton on 03-11-2006 at 08:09 AM

My connection is a bit slow ..... Songs stream for about a second and then play for about 45-50 secs then hold for a second again .... will this translate into a problem with saving the song ???

RE: RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by rav0 on 03-11-2006 at 08:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
My connection is a bit slow ..... Songs stream for about a second and then play for about 45-50 secs then hold for a second again .... will this translate into a problem with saving the song ???
I don't think it will, but you can increase the buffer size.
RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by Nathan on 03-11-2006 at 09:30 AM

<cough>Peer2Peer</cough>
:p
You didnt hear it from me. :D

RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by John Anderton on 03-11-2006 at 05:02 PM

quote:
I was just wondering (A)
* John Anderton slaps MPF with the p2p client M_e is making after washing MPF's face with Limewire, KCEasy, Kazza Lite and Sharezza :P
RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by Nathan on 03-11-2006 at 05:05 PM

quote:
quote:
I was just wondering (A)
* John Anderton slaps MPF with the p2p client M_e is making after washing MPF's face with Limewire, KCEasy, Kazza Lite and Sharezza :P
Cough I didnt say that quote it was rav0 :P

RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by M73A on 03-11-2006 at 05:32 PM

erm... i just change the recording settings of the volume and use a simple program that records sound to save it... works like a charm :)

RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by YottabyteWizard on 03-11-2006 at 06:45 PM

StreamRipper, is the one i use

RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by John Anderton on 03-12-2006 at 06:39 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
I was just wondering (A)
Cough I didnt say that quote it was rav0 :P
Well i meant to quote you but i had highlighted rav0's post so eh. Too lazy to fix it :P

So whats the verdict ? Which is the best program wrt options for saving format, reliability, speed etc :grin:
RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by rav0 on 03-12-2006 at 07:20 AM

I already said Screamer Radio!

RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by Mike on 03-17-2006 at 05:14 PM

Ok, I'm currently ripping a station using Screamer Radio, and it seems that it has a problem with greek characters...

While the characters are displayed fine in the program itself, on the filenames, the characters appear as underscores :-/

I'm also ripping the same station with StationRipper and StreamRipper (winamp plugin), and they don't have a problem with Greek characters...

I will merge Screamer's ripped tracks with the the tracks that the other programs ripped, and it would be ok, but it would be nice if Screamer Radio would put Greek characters in the filenames... :)

RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by Ezra on 03-17-2006 at 05:32 PM

Creative Audio Stream Recoder should do the trick, but I don't think it's free.

RE: Can you recommend me a good program for ripping internet radios? by Mike on 03-17-2006 at 05:46 PM

Thanks, I did a quick google for it, and I found this.

I could only found it as a "Bundled Software" and not as a "Standalone software"...

By the way, it seems that ScreamerRadio skips some songs (mainly commercials, but I don't think they have an ID3 tag in them? :-/)
It just doesn't record them...