Shoutbox

p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? (/showthread.php?tid=56669)

p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by DJKAL on 03-11-2006 at 02:03 AM

which is newer/better..
photoshop CS2
or
photoshop pro 9

this will probably seem like a really stupid question to you but to me it isnt - id like to know ..

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by Jhrono on 03-11-2006 at 02:09 AM

I haven't ever tried psp but whatever you want to do with it images, it is possible with photoshop, so i guess it's always a good solution :)

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by DJKAL on 03-11-2006 at 02:11 AM

:s i dont understand
i just want to know which is newer and which is better :)

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by Jhrono on 03-11-2006 at 02:15 AM

What i meant was that, Photoshop is always a good piece of software, and although it takes a bit to load, you can find many resources for it on the internet, like tutorials, brushes etc, so the advantages pay off the disadvantages.. It can do merely anything in image editing nowadays, so it's good.. I have never tried paint shop pro, so you'll have to wait until someone who has answers :P

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by DJKAL on 03-11-2006 at 02:17 AM

ok thanks, i understand now:)
i like it but i have both now and dont know which to install and obv. want to install the better one

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by [MR] on 03-11-2006 at 02:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
paintshop CS2
Do you mean photoshop cs 2? :P
RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by DJKAL on 03-11-2006 at 02:50 AM

:|
oh crap - yer !
sorry
* DJKAL edits first post ashamed

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by Marc666 on 03-11-2006 at 04:08 AM

I have Photo Shop CS2 and It works really well. I haven't used any of the photo shop pros. Why don't you just download both and see what ones better, the delete the bad one?

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by RebelSean on 03-11-2006 at 04:19 AM

I'ved used both of them, and here's what I say. PaintShop Pro 9 to me is what I used to do basic graphics (Gradients, simple textures, and a bit of text). I now use Photoshop CS2, which is a very very hard, in my opinion, program to get the hang of unless you know what you're doing (In my case I didn't).

So if your going to do basics I'd say Paintshop pro9, but if you're going to do more complex images go with Photoshop CS2.

RE: RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by rav0 on 03-11-2006 at 06:39 AM

quote:
i just want to know which is newer and which is better :)
Paint Shop Pro and PhotoShop are completely separate programs from different developers. There isn't one "which is newer and which is better" hard and fast. They are both different, and you should try them both and see which you like better.
RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by lordy on 03-11-2006 at 07:40 AM

I've always used Paint Shop Pro, and i find it to be excellent (btw the latest version is Paint Shop Pro X, which is made by Corel, Paint Shop Pro 9 was the last version released before Jasc was bought out by Corel) I havent tried Paint Shop Pro X yet, but I'd have to say that Paint Shop Pro is the way to go, it's easy to use, and does pretty much everything photoshop does :)

RE: RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by rav0 on 03-11-2006 at 08:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
latest version is Paint Shop Pro X, which is made by Corel, Paint Shop Pro 9 was the last version released before Jasc was bought out by Corel)
Aargh, I hope it doesn't end up shit like all the other Corel software I've experienced. I didn't even know that they'd been bought out :(.
RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by lordy on 03-11-2006 at 08:05 AM

believe me, i wasnt very happy about it either :P i still have to download the trial and see how they've gone with it... but i hope they do good things with it :)

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by DJKAL on 03-11-2006 at 08:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Marc666
I have Photo Shop CS2 and It works really well. I haven't used any of the photo shop pros. Why don't you just download both and see what ones better, the delete the bad one?

i have d/d both and have photoshop CS2 installed now, i was just wondering because i saw the CD i burnt photoshop pro 9 onto and was wondering if i should switch them.

reading what everyone says i'll probably stick with this one (cs2) for now, i might try photoshop pro 9 or download pro X (which is called pro 10 i think) and then try that comparing them, but for now i'll stick with what im using as it seems a user choice and not an actual fact of whic is better as there have bee many different oppions.

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by lordy on 03-11-2006 at 09:11 AM

quote:
i might try photoshop pro 9 or download pro X (which is called pro 10 i think)

The 'X' is roman numerals for 10 :P
RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by DJKAL on 03-11-2006 at 09:13 AM

oooopS! lol, awell - i got confused reading the report on it cos sometimes they said X and sometime they said 10.. i just though cant they write  f***ing report?!
now i understand :P

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by M73A on 03-11-2006 at 12:01 PM

got both/hd both/ tried both.... id go for photoshop cs 2

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by DJKAL on 03-11-2006 at 12:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
YAY!!! the sort of answer i wanted :>
RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by M73A on 03-11-2006 at 12:15 PM

quote:
quote:

just to go into a bit of detail... i chose cs 2 because i got into using that... and when i went to do the same things in photoshop i found it really difficult or had to use a different kind of tool to achieve the saem effect...
RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by DJKAL on 03-11-2006 at 12:17 PM

quote:
just to go into a bit of detail... i chose cs 2 because i got into using that... and when i went to do the same things in photoshop i found it really difficult or had to use a different kind of tool to achieve the saem effect...
kool - im using CS2 now and im getting on with it ok. i think i'll just stick with it to make it easier for myself then :P

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by Jhrono on 03-11-2006 at 12:21 PM

Nice choice :)

To develop your skills and to learn new stuff, follow tutorials on websites like http://www.good-tutorials.com :)

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by DJKAL on 03-11-2006 at 12:24 PM

thanks for that link1 :D im sure it'll come in handy...
some of my work is here on th website im coding ATM (unfinished)
like the deleted backgrounds of images the text graphic at the bottom, the fade background and stuff
basic stuff but effective (in my oppinion)

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by M73A on 03-11-2006 at 12:36 PM

quote:
like the deleted backgrounds of images the text graphic at the bottom, the fade background and stuff

try creatinga transparent layer... then using the text tool..... if you want some effects right click the text layer and goto blending options..

if blending options isnt there goto layers - rasterize type then try right clicking...

(just of the top of my head.. someone correct me if it incorrect)
RE: RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by DJKAL on 03-11-2006 at 12:38 PM

quote:
quote:

try creatinga transparent layer... then using the text tool..... if you want some effects right click the text layer and goto blending options..

if blending options isnt there goto layers - rasterize type then try right clicking...

(just of the top of my head.. someone correct me if it incorrect)

thanks :) i might use the transpernt tool for the "ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLLENGE" text as im not really sure if i like it as it is.
and just looking over that tutorial site i have found a lot of things i could use already :D
RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by Rik on 03-11-2006 at 07:46 PM

quote:
thanks :) i might use the transpernt tool for the "ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLLENGE" text as im not really sure if i like it as it is.
and just looking over that tutorial site i have found a lot of things i could use already :D
also check http://mickm.com/
it has very nice tuts
and some nice free brushes that you can add :p:
http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/applications/psbrushes/
RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by Kryptonate on 03-11-2006 at 07:57 PM

There is no Photoshop Pro 9 :undecided:. The latest one in Photoshop is Photoshop CS2. To know what is the best program you should try both of them and see what you like. It depends on what you want to do with it. Photoshop CS2 is better in this or that and Paint Shop Pro 9 is better in something else.

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by absorbation on 03-11-2006 at 08:52 PM

In the end it is down to personal prefence. I have teyed photoshop and Fireworks and I just love fireworks so much more. Try both your choices ;)

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by DJKAL on 03-11-2006 at 08:53 PM

i got fireworks aswell :P

RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by Jhrono on 03-11-2006 at 09:02 PM

I have used both and I think photoshop is better than fireworks, honestly

RE: RE: p/s CS2 or p/s pro 9? by rav0 on 03-11-2006 at 10:05 PM

quote:
quote:
Oh yeah? I'd go for Paint Shop Pro (seriously).

BTW how did we forget GIMP?