Shoutbox

Stealth conversation closing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Stealth conversation closing (/showthread.php?tid=56683)

Stealth conversation closing by nobodyhere on 03-11-2006 at 12:34 PM

Is there any way (with plugin or some kind of filter.. like socks server or smth) to filter out packets that say to messenger's server that i am closing the conversation. I don't want to people see (with stuffplug for example) that i am closing windows.

Thanks and sorry for bad english.

RE: Stealth conversation closing by Mike on 03-11-2006 at 01:13 PM

Well, I have made a filter for WPE Pro that will do this, however, there are some problems...
Check this reply about the filter: Mike's reply to Patchou, Feature Request
Check this reply about what can happen when you use the filter: Mike's reply to Patchou, Feature Request

You can download WPE Pro here: http://nimmy-online.com/jj2networkfilter/WpePro.zip (Some antivirus programs, say that it contains a virus, but this is not really true, so you should put all the files into your antivirus' exeption list.)

RE: Stealth conversation closing by nobodyhere on 03-12-2006 at 04:46 PM

so, i understand that simple packet-filtering isn't good solution. but maybe would work some kind of plugin that hides conversation window until next message(s). i mean that maybe plugin could add extra "close"-function that you can use for "stealth closing" (hiding). It could be something like "boss-protection" but only for certain windows.. and until next message. I hope you can understand what i mean..

RE: Stealth conversation closing by superhornet59 on 04-07-2006 at 07:54 PM

so... does this mean if you leave a 3-way convo your display pic will still show and all that?