Shoutbox

printing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: printing (/showthread.php?tid=56712)

printing by saralk on 03-12-2006 at 11:01 AM

does anyone know what type of printing they use on CD covers and stuff.

The type where if you look really closeley at it, its made up of many many really small honeycombs.

RE: printing by M73A on 03-12-2006 at 11:03 AM

oo im not sure if its completely relevant but isnt this like that rasterbator thing that was posted a little while back?

RE: printing by saralk on 03-12-2006 at 11:13 AM

no, thats where you make a giant image by cutting it up and printing it on smaller peices of paper and the sticking the new one together.

I'm talking about proffesional printing

RE: printing by M73A on 03-12-2006 at 11:22 AM

i no it was for big pictures... but it did use circles or something else... when you said honeycomb is what made me think of it.... obviously its different.. sorry

RE: printing by John Anderton on 03-12-2006 at 01:27 PM

I was wondering what is that paper called on which they print it. You know the one which can be stuck on cd's. I saw a paper once on tv that had specific place pre cut out with the size of the cd and the cover. You need to print it and pull it off and stick it directly. Yeah it has adhesive on the back like a sticker.

Any ideas ?

RE: printing by Adeptus on 03-12-2006 at 05:37 PM

If the dots themselves are diamond shaped, then the printing method used was rotogravure. 

If the dots are round and the illusion of the honeycomb pattern is actually formed by the space between the dots, it was offset lithography.  You may have difficulty distinguishing the two without a magnifying glass.  The difference is most apparent on the edges of solid straight lines.

Don't ask why I know this.  :P

RE: printing by Ezra on 03-12-2006 at 05:39 PM

You can buy those everywhere :P

Those are special cd cover stickers, but I don't think that's what saralk means.

RE: printing by NiteMare on 03-13-2006 at 05:30 AM

if your refuring to the labels on top of the CD, i know a program called Mediaface, its not free, neather is the paper, it uses:P

RE: printing by YourNeibour on 03-13-2006 at 06:32 PM

It's called photoprinting paper.  I know that you can print covers with progams like nero.

RE: printing by Ghost_Stalker on 03-13-2006 at 07:04 PM

Just get your hands on some CD labeling software, You can print CD/DVD labels, along with CD/DVD covers and sleves. Plus, some also will print VHS and Audio Casette labels! Memorex makes a good program and media

RE: printing by Ezra on 03-13-2006 at 10:10 PM

For software check out CoverXP ;)