Shoutbox

PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here (/showthread.php?tid=56720)

PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Val on 03-12-2006 at 03:59 PM

Hey guys,
Well I am back in the PSP craze (even if my psp broke). Last year I started to work on a PSP Friendly web portal that has psp goodies, links ect. I didnt know XHTML/CSS/Graphics so the site pretty much sucked.

Now I have made a little page that loads fast and is pretty decent for a psp portal and is all CSS no images (except the background). I need people who are willing to help with this website and test it. Anyone can apply as long as you have a psp and/or have good ideas.

The portal should have this:

• Fits the width of the psp screen
  • The colors all work
  • Easy navigation
  • PSWeb.be or something short
  • More to come.....

Curent people helping:
  • Reaper
  • Eljay

Link ---> http://psweb.valspy.net
Any comments are fine too :D
RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Reaper on 03-12-2006 at 04:01 PM

the site looks good. i wouldnt mind helping

RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Val on 03-12-2006 at 04:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper

Sure you can help, you have a psp right?
RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Reaper on 03-12-2006 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ValSpy
quote:

im waiting for delivery (28days :dodgy:) free giga pack :P
RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Val on 03-12-2006 at 04:07 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

im waiting for delivery (28days :dodgy:) free giga pack :P

Awsome, add me to msn valspy[at]gmail[dot]com
RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by prashker on 03-12-2006 at 04:10 PM

Idea : Add SonicSam (sonicsam.net) to friends (a)

* prashker runs

RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Val on 03-12-2006 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Idea : Add SonicSam (sonicsam.net) to friends

Well see the thing is that the friends thing is just a test to see how many sections look :P I will add tho
RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by prashker on 03-12-2006 at 04:17 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Idea : Add SonicSam (sonicsam.net) to friends

Well see the thing is that the friends thing is just a test to see how many sections look :P I will add tho

yay :P:banana:

I will think of usefull ideas soon :P I are deh thinking
RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by RaceProUK on 03-12-2006 at 04:50 PM

BTW: not all the links work, and it breaks the back button.

RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Val on 03-12-2006 at 04:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
BTW: not all the links work, and it breaks the back button.

Hmm all the links to other sites work, ATM wallpapers and "Test - Another Test" doesnt work. If I missed some please say so.
RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by RaceProUK on 03-12-2006 at 05:00 PM

(Viewing in Firefox)
The two that don't work link to the page itself, so that's why. All other links work.
And I see your links have target="_blank" in them, which may work with PC browsers, but breaks the PSP's back button. Remove the targets, as they don't work with the PSP browser properly: it doesn't do multiple pages at once.

RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Eljay on 03-12-2006 at 05:06 PM

i might help (posting from psp atm lol :P)

RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Val on 03-12-2006 at 05:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
as they don't work with the PSP browser properly: it doesn't do multiple pages at once.
Hmm maybe hold Square and press L1 but you may be right... and I think you may be talking about the wipeout pure browser.

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
i might help (posting from psp atm lol :P)
Sure you can, just when you are on a PC check if they display the same and report if target"_blank" does not work/breaks the back button.

RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Eljay on 03-12-2006 at 05:31 PM

just cos its for psp doesnt mean you cant use images :(

oh and the target="_blank" works fine...

RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Val on 03-12-2006 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay

just cos its for psp doesnt mean you cant use images

I know that, I will probably add some more graphics to it but I want fast loading times as well
RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by RaceProUK on 03-12-2006 at 11:55 PM

quote:
maybe hold Square and press L1 but you may be right
Nope, it's just L1: just checked that.
quote:
I think you may be talking about the wipeout pure browser.
Nope :P I have firmware 2.6, therefore I have an actual web browser. And 'target=_blank' doesn't break Firefox, because they can launch a new window. Though, just checking the PSP browser help, it does have tabbed browsing. Which has, via more experimenting, led me to what's happening with 'target=_blank'! With the PSP browser, it uses a blank tab (there are three available). So it doesn't break the back button at all.

Though you may still want to think about removing 'target=_blank': it's not valid in XHTML Strict, if you ever want to use it.
RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by DJeX on 03-13-2006 at 12:02 AM

The site looks real nice. Now I need a PSP :P

RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Val on 03-13-2006 at 03:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
The site looks real nice. Now I need a PSP (Smilie)/quote]

Thank you.

I have finished the wallpapers section and with the idea of ShawnZ I have created the mailer for people who want to send an email. If anyone would like to create a psp wallpaper just make sure its 480X272 and just PM or send me an IM.

Thank you for everyones help

RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by DJeX on 03-13-2006 at 05:13 AM

quote:
If anyone would like to create a psp wallpaper just make sure its 480X272 and just PM or send me an IM.
I might just make one :)

Maybe this site could be of use for messageing programs: http://www.meebo.com/

And this site for almost any email to login and check mail with: http://mail2web.com/wap/   original site: www.mail2web.com
RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Val on 03-13-2006 at 04:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
Maybe this site could be of use for messageing programs: http://www.meebo.com/

Hmm this looks cool, I will add once I get the site tested to see if it works good on a psp
RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by t1a0s on 03-19-2006 at 06:51 PM

Site's looking great, I'd deff use it. If you're still looking for help I'd love 2 (posting frm my psp atm btw :P)

RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Lou on 03-19-2006 at 07:06 PM

quote:
The site says:
Non-PSP Friendly Links:

Why in the world would you have non psp friendly links if the site is for a psp?

The email thing can be used against people, to pretend to be people. I suggest not having it there at all.... (I'd like your code though :P)
RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by hmaster on 03-19-2006 at 09:28 PM

meebo.com doesnt work on psp ;)

RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by Plik on 03-19-2006 at 10:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The about page
About the site:
This site is designed to be view from a Sony PlayStationPortal (PSP). This site was found by ValSpy in September 2005, and has gone alot of changes to what you see today.
I guess you mean PlayStationPortable
and it should be founded, unless you found it somewhere on the web and stole it :P
RE: RE: PSWeb Testing & Ideas - All PSP Owners look here by paperless on 03-25-2006 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
quote:
Originally posted by The about page
About the site:
This site is designed to be view from a Sony PlayStationPortal (PSP). This site was found by ValSpy in September 2005, and has gone alot of changes to what you see today.
I guess you mean PlayStationPortable
and it should be founded, unless you found it somewhere on the web and stole it :P

:lol: