Shoutbox

MSN acting weird after installing Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN acting weird after installing Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=56826)

MSN acting weird after installing Plus! by masterexodus on 03-14-2006 at 08:11 AM

Ever since i installed Plus! and some addons msn wont shut down properly. When i try to restart or shutdown my computer it comes up with a window saying that msn isnt responding. It tries for about a minute to shut it down then another window pops up saying again that it isnt responding, with 2 buttons ... one to shutdown msn and continue with the restart/ shutdown and a cancel button. The funny thing is,i have absolutely no problems with msn at all, until i try to restart/ shutdown my computer. Any ideas whats going on ? or how to fix it ?

RE: MSN acting weird after installing Plus! by zach on 03-14-2006 at 08:18 AM

What plugins do you have?

RE: MSN acting weird after installing Plus! by masterexodus on 03-14-2006 at 08:26 AM

(001 - MeSsAgE plugin
All you base plugin
Monty python sounds plugin
MSN pictures displayer
Slapper plugin
StuffPlug-NG
Color Nick v2

I hope thats all of em, thats all the ones under Plus! -> Plugins

RE: MSN acting weird after installing Plus! by zach on 03-14-2006 at 08:28 AM

Try disabling StuffPlug-NG and see if the problem still happens. If it does, disable them one by one until you find which one is causing the problem.

RE: MSN acting weird after installing Plus! by masterexodus on 03-14-2006 at 08:29 AM

will do, i hope its not my picture display one...that is the one i would like to keep

RE: MSN acting weird after installing Plus! by Hank on 03-14-2006 at 08:55 AM

did it turn out to be caused by stuffplug?

RE: MSN acting weird after installing Plus! by masterexodus on 03-15-2006 at 09:14 PM

Well i went ahead and disabled all plug-ins by going to Plus! -> Preferences -> Plug-ins ... then i unchecked the box next to each of them. And then restarted my computer and the same thing happened :(

RE: MSN acting weird after installing Plus! by Chris4 on 03-15-2006 at 09:38 PM

You should try signing out and then exiting MSN Messenger before shutting down. Does it still crash when you exit it?

RE: MSN acting weird after installing Plus! by user27089 on 03-15-2006 at 10:10 PM

Exit MSN Messenger, go to C:/Program Files/Messenger Plus! 3/Plugins, and delete all of the files there. Then restart the computer, if the same thing is happening, then it probably isn't caused my Messenger Plus!.

Or of course, you could close MSN Messenger, then press Ctrl+Alt+Del, press the "Processes" tab, and close "msgplus.exe", then close down the computer.