Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! and viewing msn chat log history. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! and viewing msn chat log history. (/showthread.php?tid=56848)

Messenger Plus! and viewing msn chat log history. by erei69 on 03-14-2006 at 04:44 PM

Hi wondering if anyone can help!
Have just installed messenger Plus! onto my main computer. From this pc I am running an internet connection via ethernet to my laptop, which has msn 7.5 but not messenger plus!, will I ba able to view my msn chat logs on my main pc? I do not want to install messenger plus! onto laptop, but i do want to view previous chats that take place on my laptop. any suggestions?

RE: Messenger Plus! and viewing msn chat log history. by kierant on 03-14-2006 at 04:57 PM

If you make the chatlog folder a shared folder then, in theory, yes.

RE: Messenger Plus! and viewing msn chat log history. by Plik on 03-14-2006 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kierant
If you make the chatlog folder a shared folder then, in theory, yes.
Only if the logs are unencrypted. However if your logs are encrypted then you will need plus installed on the laptop to be able to unencrypt them.
RE: Messenger Plus! and viewing msn chat log history. by kierant on 03-14-2006 at 05:08 PM

D'oh I didn't think of that

My bad

RE: Messenger Plus! and viewing msn chat log history. by Deej on 03-16-2006 at 07:05 AM

I have a question that has to do with this. Before i got Msgplus, all my files were saved in XML format but now i have my new ones in the Encripted Log File format. Is there a way i can change the XML saved files to the Encripted Log Files? And if not is there somewhere i can post so this update could be added to a later version of msgplus. Thanks.

RE: Messenger Plus! and viewing msn chat log history. by matty on 03-16-2006 at 07:24 AM

The XML Log files are those from MSN Messenger itself. The encrypted log files are from Messenger Plus!. These are two seperate logging systems. So the answer is no you cannot take the XML logs to the encrypted Plus! format.

RE: Messenger Plus! and viewing msn chat log history. by Deej on 03-16-2006 at 01:41 PM

Oh...ok thanks.