Shoutbox

Problem: Msg Plus disappeared - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problem: Msg Plus disappeared (/showthread.php?tid=56913)

Problem: Msg Plus disappeared by Stephane on 03-15-2006 at 11:08 AM

Please, I need help to solve this problem. I need msg plus because I chat from work.
So, it worked until yesterday.
Win 2000 professional, msn 7.0, msg plus installed.
Yesterday I got some problems with the hard drive and suffered from a loss of files. Msg plus was running and it gave me no problem.

This morning I opened MSN but no more plus!! I cannot see the "Plus" menu, no plus functions! Only the normal MSN 7.0!

What can I do?

I reinstalled the plus. Nothing happened.
I uninstalled MSN and the PLUS. I reinstalled them both. Nothing happened. Same situation.

When I uninstall the msg plus it says something like 'Msg Plus is already uninstalled. Would you like to remove it from the "add/remove programs" list?'. It says so even if the msg plus is installed. Please help!!

RE: Problem: Msg Plus disappeared by Reaper on 03-15-2006 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stephane
Please, I need help to solve this problem. I need msg plus because I chat from work.
So, it worked until yesterday.
Win 2000 professional, msn 7.0, msg plus installed.
Yesterday I got some problems with the hard drive and suffered from a loss of files. Msg plus was running and it gave me no problem.

This morning I opened MSN but no more plus!! I cannot see the "Plus" menu, no plus functions! Only the normal MSN 7.0!

What can I do?

I reinstalled the plus. Nothing happened.
I uninstalled MSN and the PLUS. I reinstalled them both. Nothing happened. Same situation.

When I uninstall the msg plus it says something like 'Msg Plus is already uninstalled. Would you like to remove it from the "add/remove programs" list?'. It says so even if the msg plus is installed. Please help!!

From the last part of your post, it seems that you didnt remove Plus! via add/remove programs. have you removed like that or removed it by deleting the folder located in Program Files?
RE: Problem: Msg Plus disappeared by Stephane on 03-15-2006 at 01:05 PM

I didn't. The folder is still there. But it says the same thing.

RE: Problem: Msg Plus disappeared by Reaper on 03-15-2006 at 01:38 PM

what happened to your hard drive for it to lose its files?

RE: Problem: Msg Plus disappeared by xJ + on 03-15-2006 at 01:51 PM

I'm not a professional in hard disk. but from the sound of it, it might probably be that there're problems with the hard disk or the file system installed in it.
Sometimes, the better solution will be reformat. Otherwise, there MIGHT not be anything you can do or perhaps other users in this forum can help.
That's all I can help. :)

RE: Problem: Msg Plus disappeared by matty on 03-15-2006 at 01:55 PM

Best bet would be to reinstall Messenger Plus! to a different location.

RE: Problem: Msg Plus disappeared by Stephane on 03-15-2006 at 02:33 PM

Thanks matty! I installed the plus in a different location and it works now!