Shoutbox

***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate (/showthread.php?tid=56923)

***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by bmtaylor on 03-15-2006 at 12:45 PM

Still no news on how (or if) you can get your savefiles from your current PS1 and PS2 cards onto the PS3.
==========
PS3 here in November

09:30, Mar 15th by Ben Parfitt

Sony boss Ken Kutaragi has cleared up the on-going speculation surrounding Sony’s PS3 launchdate, surprising and delighting the trade by revealing that the machine will launch in all territories in November.
MCV last week revealed that SCEE president David Reeves was pressing for a simultaneous worldwide launch.

Speaking at the Playstation business briefing in Tokyo, Kutaragi also confirmed that Sony intends to ship six million units by the end of the year. Final dev kits are scheduled to arrive in June, coinciding with the beginning of manufacturing.

A host of other details were also unveiled. PS3 will be supported with a free online service from day one, and the console will come bundled with a 60GB hard drive. PS3 will also be 100 per cent compatible with all PS2 and PSOne titles.

In other news, several PSP announcements were also made, including a PSOne digital download service, allowing users to download a selection of PSOne back-catalogue titles, an Eye Toy attachment, video chat software and a GPS receiver.

A full report on Sony's announcements will feature in next week's MCV.

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Reaper on 03-15-2006 at 12:57 PM

yeh, i read that. after dissmissing the rumours from Merrill Lynch they go an say this. i dont wanna wait any longer for PS3.

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Chris4 on 03-15-2006 at 04:38 PM

Sounds great! Can't wait! PS3 > *

Just concerned about the price :^)

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Reaper on 03-15-2006 at 04:40 PM

i dont think it will be more than £300

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by guanako on 03-15-2006 at 04:42 PM

shouldnt be more than wat 360 was, cos 360 came around xmas, so they took advanatege of that too, i am more a Sony fan, so i will probally get it, as i don really like the 360.

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Chris4 on 03-15-2006 at 04:43 PM

That's good then. Hope they don't sell out so quickly like the Xbox 360, so we can all get them for in time for Christmas!

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by user27089 on 03-15-2006 at 07:26 PM

I can't wait for it, it's going to be amazing... To get it, you're going to have to pre-order months before... I'm not going to pre-order until I know how much they cost, cause they might end up costing loads :|.

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Negro_Joe on 03-15-2006 at 07:27 PM

Meh PS3 will own the 360...:P lol

im definitly getting one i dont know when though, depends on the cost...:(

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by _Humphreys on 03-15-2006 at 09:29 PM

The PS3 will pwn badly, the 360 has creamed the market and now they need to move aside.

Remember what happened to the dreamcast!

the PS2 pwned it :P

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Negro_Joe on 03-15-2006 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
the PS2 pwned it

did the same ot the ps2...:P

The xbox may have been more pwerful but the ps2 got the GTA's first, devil may crys, final fantasy, kingdom hearts....:)
RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by user27089 on 03-15-2006 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
The PS3 will pwn badly, the 360 has creamed the market and now they need to move aside.

Remember what happened to the dreamcast!

the PS2 pwned it :P

The Dreamcast was different though ^o), most of the stuff on that thing that was posted was a load of bollocks =P.
RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Negro_Joe on 03-15-2006 at 09:42 PM

Posted on what on the first post...:O

How was it?

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by NeoRevan on 03-16-2006 at 03:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bmtaylor
A host of other details were also unveiled. PS3 will be supported with a free online service from day one, and the console will come bundled with a 60GB hard drive. PS3 will also be 100 per cent compatible with all PS2 and PSOne titles.
Fuck yea, that's what I like to hear =D
I'll get one the second a FF or Dynasty Warriors game appears on it =D
RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Reaper on 03-16-2006 at 04:17 PM

So if the November release date is for Japan and North America, i presume Europe will get it around Easter time?

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by guanako on 03-16-2006 at 04:52 PM

im pretty sure its world wide.

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Reaper on 03-16-2006 at 04:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
im pretty sure its world wide.
nah, its only november for japan and NA
RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Menthix on 03-16-2006 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
November release date is for Japan and North America, i presume Europe will get it around Easter time?
quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
its only november for japan and NA

quote:
Originally posted by bmtaylor
the machine will launch in all territories in November.
??

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Reaper on 03-16-2006 at 05:11 PM

i got the gamespot newsletter saying that it was japan and NA. but when i check on its site it says worldwide. :S

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by chuck_str on 03-16-2006 at 05:58 PM

the ps3 is the turning point in the consles blu ray disks means lot better gameing graphics

RE: RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Veggie on 03-16-2006 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chuck_str
the ps3 is the turning point in the consles blu ray disks means lot better gameing graphics

you have no idea what you are talking about, do you know what Blu-ray disks are? and their advantages over DVDs and HD-DVDs?

no
RE: RE: RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by chuck_str on 03-16-2006 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
quote:

you have no idea what you are talking about, do you know what Blu-ray disks are? and their advantages over DVDs and HD-DVDs?

no

yes but i do no wot im talkin about cause i have a blank blu ray disk
RE: RE: RE: RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Veggie on 03-16-2006 at 06:05 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

no

ok sorry my mistake, there was me thinking me going to university and doing a course in multimedia technology would give me some information about the subject. but i was clearly wrong, from now on im going to treat everything you say as scientific fact
RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Reaper on 03-16-2006 at 06:33 PM

quote:
can i ask how you got your blu-ray cd?
RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Veggie on 03-16-2006 at 06:35 PM

he proberbly traded it at school for some pokemon cards

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Reaper on 03-16-2006 at 06:41 PM

quote:
he proberbly traded it at school for some pokemon cards
ahh ok
RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Nathan on 03-16-2006 at 06:48 PM

:rofl:
Did you sell the ultimate PIKACHU for it?
:P

RE: ***CONFIRMED*** Playstation 3 Launchdate by Matti on 03-16-2006 at 06:54 PM

* Matti readed this news already on Neowin. :)
The PS3 will just blow X360 away! I mean, the Blu-Ray advantage, the serie processors inside,... all that stuff in 1 box for the optimal gaming experience. You could make your own super computer with the chips inside. :P

I'm only worried about the price... :^)