Shoutbox

Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P (/showthread.php?tid=57033)

Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by ChicaRacing on 03-16-2006 at 04:25 PM

There's a confirmed rumor about the release date of MSN 8 and it's today!!!!! yei! then i ask, when did msgpluslive come? cause u told us that when the msn 8 beta was released u will give us a posible relase date for it! come on dont let us cry for it more time hahahahahaha pleeease pleaaaaase patchou :$ tell us something :P could u?

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by absorbation on 03-16-2006 at 04:28 PM

Where did you here the rumor. It is not true :P

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by Menthix on 03-16-2006 at 04:57 PM

I think the rumour might have been mixed up with some other news. Microsoft will have an offcial chat about WLM today, with some of the WLM developers and other people from the team. Only people in the managed WLM beta will be able to jion that afaik, if you're a managed tester, check the newsgroups.

No releasedate for WLM is known yet.

Also, what Absorbation said: Where did you get this news/rumour from (I'm just curious)?

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by ChicaRacing on 03-16-2006 at 05:12 PM

hi! i read the rumor on the net, i dont know if i can post the url here, its in spanish, but the mods can edit my post if its necesary so this is the link: http://www.messengeradictos.com/13/1094/noticias.php i take it seriously (the notice) cause they always post the latest news and in 24 hours the things just happend :P

i apologize for the inconvinients that may come for this post :( i was so excited for the idea of having news of msgpluslive :(

PD: if u dont understand anything i type is cause i dont speak english hahaha so this maybe sounds like "TARZAN" sry 4 that

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by chuck_str on 03-16-2006 at 05:55 PM

well i get news stright from microsoft about dates and stuff ad i have had no word yet

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by Menthix on 03-16-2006 at 06:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Google translation from the link above
As of the next hours no longer it will be necessary to hope to receive an invitation of some well-known or friend to be able to prove the new beta.  It will only be necessary to solicit to participate in the phase beta and in just a short time, without waiting lines it assures MSN, you will receive an email with a connection to be able to participate in the beta.  In messengeradictos we have published an article of Juan Ignacio Osendi (MVP MSN Messenger) in whom explain all and each of the new features that this version brings, reason why recommended its reading before coming to the unloading and installation from the beta.  Until we do not receive the confirmation mail you cannot initiate session in the new one to messenger 8, so we advised that you hope to receive it before coming to its unloading and installation.  We remembered to you that Windows Live Messenger 8 beta requires the use of Microsoft Windows XP.  Recommended connections:  Windows Live Messenger thoroughly
Well, they say their source is a Microsoft MVP, so it could actually be true. But it won't mean WLM is out of beta, if i understand the translation correct they will start a public beta fase. Which is still very interesting news btw :). But that won't mean Messenger Plus! Live will be released too. Plus! Live is planned for the first non-beta public release, and even that can't be promised because there is still plenty of work todo on MP!L.
RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by L. Coyote on 03-16-2006 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChicaRacing
There's a confirmed rumor about the release date of MSN 8 and it's today!!!!! yei! then i ask, when did msgpluslive come? cause u told us that when the msn 8 beta was released u will give us a posible relase date for it! come on dont let us cry for it more time hahahahahaha pleeease pleaaaaase patchou :$ tell us something :P could u?
quote:
Originally posted by http://www.messengeradictos.com/13/1094/noticias.php

A partir de las próximas horas ya no será necesario esperar a recibir una invitación de algún conocido o amigo para poder probar la nueva beta. Tan sólo hará falta solicitar participar en la fase beta y en poco tiempo, sin colas de espera asegura MSN, recibirás un email con un enlace para poder participar en la beta.

:-/ It doesn't say that it's a release, it says that people won't require invitations to try WLM 8.

Although I'm not sure if it's true or not, but it's way different than what you suggest.
RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by qgroessl on 03-16-2006 at 10:09 PM

I can't read spanish or anything... But It won't be a while till WLM comes out, as has already been said in this thread.... ohh... and menthix... fix your quote ;)

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by Hikoto on 03-18-2006 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Well, they say their source is a Microsoft MVP, so it could actually be true. But it won't mean WLM is out of beta, if i understand the translation correct they will start a public beta fase. Which is still very interesting news btw . But that won't mean Messenger Plus! Live will be released too. Plus! Live is planned for the first non-beta public release, and even that can't be promised because there is still plenty of work todo on MP!L.

Well hmm if invitations are not needed anymore, I can be quite sure most of the peeps who have 7.5 will d/l the version. Then isn't kinda lame that MsgPlus for 8.0(beta or w/e) won't be released to the public then?

You'll prolly get a gazillion people flocking to the forums and askng why it ain't released and when it will be haha.

I look forward to the official release though. :( Messenger's kinda blend without Plus. =/ Especially since I use Gmail.
RE: RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by CookieRevised on 03-18-2006 at 08:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hikoto
You'll prolly get a gazillion people flocking to the forums and askng why it ain't released and when it will be haha.
though, which is no reason to pre-release a beta which isn't even finished yet and will show one bug after the other...

It takes time to develop the product people love so much (which is all done by on guy afterall). they love it so much because it runs smoothly and does what they want. Currently the beta is not even there to even consider it being pre-released...

So, even if the millions of people ask for it, I'm afraid there isn't anything yet to offer and they need to have some patience. They sure will love the result once it is releasd though; it is worth the wait! ;)
RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by qgroessl on 03-18-2006 at 01:22 PM

It is true... You do not need invitations to use WLM... I have it downloaded on my computer, and I had friends over last night... and I told them they wouldnt' be able to sign in because of it... and sure enough... They got signed on. They liked the new version... and with the second build they sent out... I kinda do too...

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by Hikoto on 03-20-2006 at 09:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
though, which is no reason to pre-release a beta which isn't even finished yet and will show one bug after the other...

It takes time to develop the product people love so much (which is all done by on guy nota bene). they love it so much because it runs smoothly and does what they want. Currently the beta is not even there to even consider it being pre-released...

So, even if the millions of people ask for it, I'm afraid there isn't anything yet to offer and they need to have some patience. They sure will love the result once it is releasd though; it is worth the wait! ;)

I guess! I just have to wait. You're right - I would rather have a stable version than a buggy beta one.

Just beware of the people who will be flooding to the fourms, asking the same question. o.o

And groessl: Whoa, thanks for the update. I'm gonna inform all my friends whom I didn't get a chance to invite now!
RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by qgroessl on 03-20-2006 at 12:29 PM

No problem... I wouldn't have believed it until I saw him sign-in.... Only thing is... I'm not sure if they can download it from the MSN site.... cause he just came to my house and used it on my computer that already has WLM on it.

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by Salem on 03-20-2006 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChicaRacing

It was said that Messenger PLus! Live will not be released before Windows Live Messenger goes out of Beta.

The Beta for Windows Live Messenger is not yet over, it has just been opened to more people. Also, no one said a date will be given as soon as the Windows Live Messenger Beta ends anyway. All that was said was that it will not be released any time before Windows Live Messenger goes out of Beta. It COULD even end up being released months after the Official (non-beta) Windows Live Messenger.

Note the use of the word COULD. This does not indicate it Messenger Plus! Live Will be released months after Windows Live Messenger. It just to try and say that just because Windows Live Messenger goes out of Beta doesn't mean Messenger Plus! Live will at the same time
RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by riahc4 on 03-20-2006 at 07:33 PM

Patchou said that when WLM was released to the public he would try to release MP!L......WLM (altho still tech a beta [it still has the "BETA" tag right?) ) has been released to the public. So a offical statement from Patchou himself would be nice as Im very very confused (and I just wont believe any mod; this has to come from the dev himself)

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by user27089 on 03-20-2006 at 07:38 PM

Why can you not believe any moderator, being beta testers ourselves (who speak to Patchou often), we know that the software simply is not ready for public release. He also stated that when a final Windows Live Messenger has been released he will release Messenger Plus! Live around that time. As far as I can see, this is a public beta, nowhere near final.

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by CookieRevised on 03-20-2006 at 08:09 PM

Although it has also to be said (and I'm going to contradict everything which has been said before): In "special" circumstances, Patchou can/will release a Plus!Live version even before WLM is out of beta.

But this will only happen if, and only if, Plus!Live is 99,9999% finished and if, and only if, Microsofts decides that WLM will stay in "beta" for a long time without changing stuff too much.

This situation has happened before, where a Messenger version was so long in beta that many people already used it, or wanted to use it but with Plus!.

Of course, on the other hand again, Plus!Live is programmed from scratch and is based upon a total new engine and must work with a total new messenger engine and major version changes; every bit and bold of the new Plus!Live needs to be checked, double checked and re-checked. This is a whole lot different than when Plus!3 got a simple update to accomodate a very few changes in a certain messenger build update.

All in all and to say yet the same thing (:p): have patience, Messenger Plus! Live will be released when it is ready to be released. Patchou will never withhold a Plus! update from the public without reasons and as soon as a version can be released, it will be released!

;)

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by F45N8R on 03-22-2006 at 12:05 PM

there is still a lot of bugs in WLM so i doubt it will be released anytime soon. i hav been using it for a while but there is still many bugs.

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by C-S-M on 03-24-2006 at 08:22 PM

If I recall correctly, the last time a new WLM build was realeased was the 1st of March. I'm guessing on the 1st of every month, a new build is released. Maybe on the 1st of April a new build will be released WHICH MEANS THAT PLUS!LIVE WILL BE RELEASED MUCH LATER!! I'm not a tester but reading what the mods have said, I believe that Plus! has to work on the latest build before it gets released. So all I'm tryna say is wait for Plus! to be released publicly, it's being worked on very hard by many people, and I don't think you people should give them so much sh*t... The mods have been chosen, and like they said, they talk to Patchou often which means they should know more about the BETA than anyone else here, besides for Patchou himself. If Patchou wants everyone to know something about Plus!Live, he'll make a post or an article in the news section. From my own experience, BETA Testing another MSN Messenger Addon, which is in extremely early ages for WLM, it is very hard to report all the bugs you find, and to make sure the next build is bug free. With every BETA there are bugs, get used to it, and just be patient!

Holy sh*t, excuse the essay... LOL!!

Anyways, well done to the mods on a great job so far!! Thanks for making sure OUR lives on WLM aren't THAT bad... Hehe

RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by NiteMare on 03-24-2006 at 08:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by C-S-M
I'm guessing on the 1st of every month, a new build is released.
no, the next releace will be the final, and it doesn not follow any pattern as what you think, it will be releace, when the MSN team feel it should be releaced, and then plus! should follow after
RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by Menthix on 03-24-2006 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
it will be releace, when the MSN team feel it should be releaced
Ofcourse the WLM development and test teams must agree that a product is ready for release. But this doesn't mean there is deadline. WLM is a Live product, all Live products have to be released before a certain day so MS can start their Live campain.

But the 1st of the month pattern is indeed not correct. 566 was released the 1st, but 562 was released the 10th. And 1 April for final public is very unlikely anyway. A MS developer said in a chat i hopes to release late in April.
RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P by C-S-M on 03-24-2006 at 09:19 PM

I wasn't trying to imply that the next release will be the final, because I personally don't believe it will be, there are a few bugs that are still to be fixed... The Live Team are still taking in suggestions for another build, which means in maybe a build or 2 could be the final, but I doubt the next will be final...